Gotway MSuper X arrived

30 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Hey is that for the total mileage on the wheel, like you don't know the total usage from the beginning??

Yes. The single ride distance gets zeroed when switching riding modes or launching the app, but yes, really, the total mileage ever ridden on that wheel is decreased too when lifting the wheel back up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yes. The single ride distance gets zeroed when switching riding modes or launching the app, but yes, really, the total mileage ever ridden on that wheel is decreased too when lifting the wheel back up.

I think these apps need configuring from gotway. Just a feeling. I dont think I am getting correct mileage readings for my msuper x 1300wh 

Edited by Vikas

Had a 65km ride on my msx 1600wh.  Started with 100% and ended with 42%.  So the mileage is 0.074km/wh.  Mostly flat dirt trail and average speed of 25kph.  I weigh ~140lb.  I did not measure the tire pressure, it is probably 50psi.  I suspect that the true capacity is also depended on how you charge it.  I charged it with ewheel's fast charger with 5A setting.  Slower charging will give a higher capacity?

29 minutes ago, EU_commuter said:

Had a 65km ride on my msx 1600wh.  Started with 100% and ended with 42%.  So the mileage is 0.074km/wh.  Mostly flat dirt trail and average speed of 25kph.  I weigh ~140lb.  I did not measure the tire pressure, it is probably 50psi.  I suspect that the true capacity is also depended on how you charge it.  I charged it with ewheel's fast charger with 5A setting.  Slower charging will give a higher capacity?

That's a great question. I am currently waiting for my fast charger but I am at the moment using the charger that comes with the machine. I think the gotway apps need revamping. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vikas said:

Sorry just had to add this in. Just incredible. 

Amazing technology and it’s battery powered. The Blackfly is considered an ultralight so I’m curious if an FAA private pilot’s license is required. 

43860338361_53128016aa_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Good question Rehab1, I bet yo are interested in this being a pilot and all. Saw a news clip mention no license but not sure if just for autonomous or not, of course would be nice to be in something that is not just going to drop like a rock should propulsion stop? :lol:

I bet it's hard to force some certain shape and wings to glide down with  person inside having no clue about flying, speculating of course but what about a Cirrus parachute or something to that effect just to save a life inside it?

But seen several of these concepts spitting out over last few years, these are just examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbImqlqdozk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHmT4pKFjgc

..and I would not be surprised if Dubai is among the first to utilize these for real, with this dream vision if being in forefront of new technology like this and a lot have got to do with the image they paint up to rest of the world of being leading, innovating or so I read somewhere anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dk-fiyJdvE

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Electroman said:

I got my MSX today, wow! :w00t2:

This tire have got some serious advantages, will never be the fast accelerating  16" I also want but just goes to show I do need min 2 wheels. But it's great at what it's designed for and I have never been riding ta these speeds before and so comfy, well except for my calves but will partly get used to it but also DIY my own pads later if not getting used to it. The angle of the pedals will also take some getting used to I suspect.

congrats on your new wheel msx is a beast so comfortable it's a power house like you said you can hit speed easy?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stephen said:

congrats on your new wheel msx is a beast so comfortable it's a power house like you said you can hit speed easy?

Yes, I am a bit heavy at 90 something kg so my 820Wh ACM just constantly warn and cannot enjoy unless battery is at full or near full, may not be exclusive to the MSX but so comfortable to start ride under 50% and go for a while without that, just going to need a speed charger but will have to wait until next pay check.

Must go out and hit it again now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Electroman said:

I got my MSX today, wow! :w00t2:

This tire have got some serious advantages, will never be the fast accelerating  16" I also want but just goes to show I do need min 2 wheels. But it's great at what it's designed for and I have never been riding ta these speeds before and so comfy, well except for my calves but will partly get used to it but also DIY my own pads later if not getting used to it. The angle of the pedals will also take some getting used to I suspect.

congrats on your new wheel, can't wait to get mine :) 1/9 they say it is coming 

• Like 1

Yesterday, my phone started buzzing with notices from Ali.. The wheel was delivered!!! (!?!!) Two months and one week from order date, but I´m happy it finally came. I charged it during the evening (aprox 6h+ not full) but had no time left to go for a ride. It did not come with a cable for the charger unit, but fortunately I could use the one from my almost identical IPS charger.

It would have been nice to see a UPS notification as I even registered with them for that particular reason, they are stupid enough to claim that I "was not available" at first which is pure BS, no contact attempt has been made, silly bastards.

If I understand it correctly the "wheellog" app is among the more versatile, I found the latest (2 days old) version in another thread but haven´t tried it yet..

Does anyone have any good advice for a GotWay virgin like me? Big or small, all very welcome.. I might be going for that maiden run today, unless rainy weather (very gray clouds today) delays me. They should really include a splash guard on this model considering its open design! I´m a little hesitant to buy the "official" one for $33 from Ali when I can buy a similar rubber guard for about $3 in the local DIY-store..

A shoutout goes to @Marty Backe for the list of useful things in his video descriptions. Great stuff, thanks!

I will probably have to do a lot of additional shopping to stack up on gear and accessories, so again, if anyone cares to give advice I am happy for all info. Tire pressure, pebble type watches or good Android apps, anything goes! I will also try to read up more on the "charge doctor" thingamajig to treat the batteries well.

• Like 2

Im not probably the best guy to advise as here are true experts which we should all follow their advises - but while I am living in a country with a lot of rainfall, my first priority was to follow up the below utube video and waterproofing the wheel. Investing in a such expensive wheel, I should be able to use it when I need it and not when the weather decides :) 

Then add slime into the tube - these wheels are still using tubes (I know!) and as I have commented before, a puncture repair it's a nightmare as you have to open the wheel..etc.. To me honestly, these wheels should be tubeless (as everything today) especially when the design would not allow you to remove the tube without busting into the wheel. But anyway - it is what it is - so slime the tube so you might get away with one or more punctures.

Then, if you are a beginner and want to protect you shiny wheel, dress the wheel in a protective foam. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sWiFt said:

Does anyone have any good advice for a GotWay virgin like me?

1. Read a lot at the Gotway section of this forum!

2. The charging port has a dangerous direct connection to the batteries, so be extra careful not to touch the pins with anything metallic! Like keys, a ring in a finger, etc. For this, connect the charger to the mains first, only then to the wheel.

3. If you ignore or don’t hear the warning beeps, there is nothing stopping you from overspeeding and crashing! I suggest that you activate the tiltback. I have it at 45 and its smooth enough not to bother me at all.

4. Save your legs! Replace the ”side pads” with something that actually prevents the sharp upper edge of the shell pressing in your leg.

5. Read more on the battery charging techniques that will make the battery last a lot longer.

6. Ride sensibly, and protect your wrists, knees etc. And enjoy!

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bluewheel said:

..//my first priority was to follow up the below utube video and waterproofing the wheel. Investing in a such expensive wheel, I should be able to use it when I need it and not when the weather decides :) 

Then add slime into the tube ..//. so you might get away with one or more punctures.

Then, if you are a beginner and want to protect you shiny wheel, dress the wheel in a protective foam. 

Good ideas, thanks for the vid - I saw some other guy opening an MSX after riding in heavy rain and the insides were neat and dry, however that handle bar is indeed a weak link, I will look into it before I go bathing my precious wheel. Right now I´m more concerned about it paining my back when going over puddles and whatnot. Need mudflap! 
I´ve never used slime before, but will check in with my local bike shop to investigate this product. I did have to change the inner tube on my IPS (profile pic) and it took me some 4h+ including all the swearing and dirt removal once I got in there. I am actually more worried to do that again on the IPS since those screw holes are plastic and might get worn down fast, in contrast to the MSX. 

I still got some padding material that can be used to protect the MSX, I like shiny, fresh looking stuff, but to be honest I should maybe just kick it over a few times today to have it over with and be able to focus less on avoiding scratches haha.. Thanks for the advice! 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

1. Read a lot at the Gotway section of this forum!

...//..

6. Ride sensibly, and protect your wrists, knees etc. And enjoy!

1. I am trying to take it all in since a while, its kind of how I´ve been quenching the thirst meanwhile deciding to buy and waiting for delivery. 

2. GREAT warning there, its easy to short the cells if unaware or careless with the cap.. Thanks a lot.

3. It might take a while before I will comfortably ride at those speeds, I mainly want the overhead for safety and probably wont race it around very soon. Also not very practical or agile to armor up like a tank only to be able to push it. But speed blindness does occur, at some point I´ll be at a straight and flat place and might find myself going pretty fast. I would prefer a tiltback always, as I am already used to it (no alarms on my "30km/h" IPS) I am also a music lover and often ride with my soundtrack. It will be the first setting I look into in the Wheellog app. Would you recommend any another app or is Wheellog indeed the one to use for MSX?

4. Since I began learning on the IPS, I dont rely on padding at all (it has none) but I let the wheel float and shift my weight to turn instead of gripping it or whatnot, I even manage to climb some pretty steep hills by leaning properly, that takes trust in the motor however and is a little scary. However with this thick and square box that is the MSX, I realize that some padding might be needed for comfort. I saw the bloodied pads yesterday in another thread, I really don´t wanna end up there.. :o

5. Hopefully the batteries will remain in good condition until I swap for the "MSuper Z2000" or whatever will be the newest thing by then, and I hope to invest in other wheels too, to ease the usage of the MSX a little.

6. Common sense, a must have! 

Thanks for the feedback, very appreciated.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, bluewheel said:

In terms of mudguard, Ive order one from The EUCGUY because it's really well made and it slides right in without drilling holes into the shell. Have a look:

Thank you, I´ve been glancing at those already, and actually downloaded a few different 3D-print files for the MSX.. (which reminds me to put a 3D-printer on the shopping list asap, will come in handy)

It might actually be a good idea to order from EUCguy as we are "neighbours" and I would also like to pay him back a little for the videos and other stuff he shares online to my enjoyment.
Good reminder, thanks!

• Upvote 1

well I've stopped bleeding I'm just through layers of skin now? I've tried every position going so my calves don't touch the sides i don't grip the sides at all it's just the momentum of the wheel going over bumps and leaning forward and backward I'm going to take the pads off completely it's them what rub my legs so even if i add new ones my calves are just too big not to touch so I've ordered calf protection  instead , I've had jeans on today and it still rubs through i open my legs so they didn't touch the sides but it looks like I'm riding a horse ? not an euc? 

now I'm off to cream myself ☺️ with some ani bacterial cream just thought I'd do a leg update .

IMG_20180809_160544.jpg

Screenshot_2018-08-09-16-18-34.jpg

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, stephen said:

well I've stopped bleeding I'm just through layers of skin now? I've tried every position going so my calves don't touch the sides i don't grip the sides at all it's just the momentum of the wheel going over bumps and leaning forward and backward I'm going to take the pads off completely it's them what rub my legs so even if i add new ones my calves are just too big not to touch so I've ordered calf protection  instead , I've had jeans on today and it still rubs through i open my legs so they didn't touch the sides but it looks like I'm riding a horse ? not an euc? 

now I'm off to cream myself ☺️ with some ani bacterial cream just thought I'd do a leg update .

Hopefully your legs will adjust to the MSX soon. I know that it took a couple of weeks before my new Tesla stopped bruising the top of my shins. The body adjusts.

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hopefully your legs will adjust to the MSX soon. I know that it took a couple of weeks before my new Tesla stopped bruising the top of my shins. The body adjusts.

yeah I'm adjusted it feels great the msx it's just the friction hopefully the calf protection be ok, if i install after market pads it will push my legs out more . it's so bloody comfatable to ride though I've done all rough terrain today 30 miles of it lol

• Like 2