Gotway MSuper X arrived

5 hours ago, mezzanine said:

If you find you need more light, consider picking up a headlamp.  I've got one, but don't really need to use it.

https://www.amazon.com/Black-Diamond-620634-Spot-Headlamp/dp/B06XQFZCPX

the V10F headlight is just right for me out here. the woods with no street lights and under my tree canopy is like a cave some nights. hope it makes me scarier to the coyotes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The ACM2, Tesla, MCM5, Mten3, 100-volt Monster, all have the same LED headlamp as the new MSuper X. Substantially more bright than the old LED's like what's in your ACM.

Thanks Marty, substantially is exactly what I want to hear cause it's true the old one I have is pretty lame to be honest, but it's good news they learn and improve and if I remember correctly reading some of your earlier posts the new lamp can be bought and mounted to existing old wheels right, same housing and all?

I would love to have exact physical measurements of if as well as the operational power requirements if exchanging with something that could just be fitted and hooked up without modifications, Cree broke the 300 lumen/watt barrier back in 2014 and these Gotway lamps are simplistic I suspect. Something like a reflector/collimator package, a small led bead on a star, driver in the bottom, possibly some metal to soak up a bit of heat if generated, perhaps I am wrong but I suspect that's a typical led package in this regard?

8 hours ago, beast@tanagra said:

This is a big deal when doing night-time maneuvers. I can't speak to how improved current Gotway lights are over their predecessors, but the narrow beam of my MTen3 is still adequate only if I'm going in a straight line. Even a gently slaloming carve down a sidewalk is kind of sketchy without my helmet light, because it doesn't take a very large obstruction to give a 10" wheel trouble.

My V10F provides plenty of wide-beam illumination for the same narrow slaloming. I still love my helmet lamp, though, for look-aheads on sharp turns.

I'd love to see a mod that gave a wheel broad underglow illumination, even if it only brightened a circle about 1m in diameter. Colored lights would look damn sexy in that configuration.

1703-1431395002-7254775746eb7c26b705c072

Get some at Ali, attach under your wheel. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Electroman said:

Thanks Marty, substantially is exactly what I want to hear cause it's true the old one I have is pretty lame to be honest, but it's good news they learn and improve and if I remember correctly reading some of your earlier posts the new lamp can be bought and mounted to existing old wheels right, same housing and all?

I would love to have exact physical measurements of if as well as the operational power requirements if exchanging with something that could just be fitted and hooked up without modifications, Cree broke the 300 lumen/watt barrier back in 2014 and these Gotway lamps are simplistic I suspect. Something like a reflector/collimator package, a small led bead on a star, driver in the bottom, possibly some metal to soak up a bit of heat if generated, perhaps I am wrong but I suspect that's a typical led package in this regard?

Get some at Ali, attach under your wheel. ?

The physical dimensions are not identical. Somebody here (can't remember who) ordered the new LED and was able to install it in their older Gotway wheel. They had to make a small modification but I can't remember what. But the upgrade was successful and they were very happy.

20 minutes ago, FULspeed said:

... but finally, even the new headlight proved to be insufficient for proper lighting of the road (at high speed...), so I added an extra one.
(here in the picture, it is powered by USB socket)

IMG-20180507.jpg

Very nice :cheers: Do you have a product link? I like the look of this light.

You just plug it into the unmodified USB port on the wheel?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, FULspeed said:

Just another Ali product:

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html?spm=a2g0s.9042647.6.2.7b5f4c4dmm8IZN&orderId=504882092543290&productId=32840364266

and yes, it's powered by a normal 5 Volt USB (so also with an external power bank battery)

The only adaptation is the support, that one too 3d printed..:whistling:

Support TRI-LED ACM.stl

Supporto stile gopro per TRI-LED ACM rev 2.jpg

Your Ali link isn't working :(

1 hour ago, joku said:

Can you show how bright it is?

Not in this moment, sorry, but the vendor has some pictures showing the brightness.

(just reduce it a little, it's good but not so powerful! ;))

3 hours ago, joku said:

Can you show how bright it is? I was thinking of getting a lumecube, but now I see this.

If you click the link in @FULspeed's post above, and scroll most of the way down, there are several photos showing how bright it is, and how far it shines.  Very bright.  And inexpensive too.  

Oops, I didn't see the last post by @FULspeed, he already answered your question.  :pooping:

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 2:35 PM, US69 said:

In general no fan of „LED Circus ring“ wheels...while thats easy to turn off.

I am actually all for the "LED Circus ring" in general because it makes me more visible to others when riding; especially at night. I wish my current KS18 had the LED lighting. Although I prefer the circus ring over sans side-lighting, in terms of personal taste we are on the same page. I would prefer the ability to subdue the "Christmas light" color effects, and perhaps go with a solid color LED effect just to enhance visibility, but not look like I am leading the Mardi Gras parade ?????. Not sure if the 18L offers a solid color feature for the LEDs.

Edited by Lutalo
  • Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:08 AM, Xoltri said:

The user manual was terrible, so it took me a bit to figure out how to tell what the battery level was on the wheel.  When the wheel is on but stationary the rear brake light shows I think up to 5 green dots.  Still not totally sure what levels correspond to the number of dots, I believe 3 dots was 50%, 2 dots 30% etc.  I haven't charged the wheel past 80% yet so not sure what it looks like fully charged.

5 dots...each dots stands for 20%:

5 dots -100%

4 dots 80%

etc etc

0 dots 0%

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm whether or not batch two of the MSX has fixed the 30kph hardwired tiltback issue? I saw in the comments of one of @EUC GUY’s recent videos that he’s encountering a hardwired tiltback at 30kph that’s causing some wobbles, but that this issue was fixed/removed in the second batch of MSX’s. I didn’t feel like this was a big enough question to create its own thread about so I thought I’d post it here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ndmcc said:

Can anyone confirm whether or not batch two of the MSX has fixed the 30kph hardwired tiltback issue?

I can’t feel a separate 30km/h tilt-back on a 2nd batch 84V version. I have tried mine set at 39, 45 and 48. The tilt-back starts slowly 6km/h earlier. The first batch tilt-back was truly severe, 7 degrees already at 20km/h.

I would think the 100V version has a different batch number timescale. 

• Like 1

EUC GUY might need to contact Gotway about his tilt back problem, being a custom build and all?

For standard 84v MSX it should have been fixed if I understand it correctly and seams to be what those who received theirs are telling us, warranty aside there is even 84v control boards for sale at Ali to fix such a issue but not exactly cheap.