Gotway MSuper X arrived

17 hours ago, WorldByOneWheel said:

congrats on your new wheel, can't wait to get mine :) 1/9 they say it is coming 

Thank you, the first 5-10 in of riding was terrible, ok so I admit to that now hahaha, on the other hand I have just my ACM as reference what I am used to, what feels natural to me. This wheel is so very different in every way, the pedal height and angle, like others say the digging into my calves, the torque loss form a larger diameter tire (although with more powerful hub motor/battery/control board), everything the good and the bad!

A bit surprised though how fast I am getting used to this thing, night and day from the ACM for sure and much of the bad is turning into a positive for me and think you are in for a treat.

9 hours ago, sWiFt said:

Yesterday, my phone started buzzing with notices from Ali.. The wheel was delivered!!! (!?!!) Two months and one week from order date, but I´m happy it finally came. I charged it during the evening (aprox 6h+ not full) but had no time left to go for a ride. It did not come with a cable for the charger unit, but fortunately I could use the one from my almost identical IPS charger.

It would have been nice to see a UPS notification as I even registered with them for that particular reason, they are stupid enough to claim that I "was not available" at first which is pure BS, no contact attempt has been made, silly bastards.

If I understand it correctly the "wheellog" app is among the more versatile, I found the latest (2 days old) version in another thread but haven´t tried it yet..

Does anyone have any good advice for a GotWay virgin like me? Big or small, all very welcome.. I might be going for that maiden run today, unless rainy weather (very gray clouds today) delays me. They should really include a splash guard on this model considering its open design! I´m a little hesitant to buy the "official" one for $33 from Ali when I can buy a similar rubber guard for about $3 in the local DIY-store..

A shoutout goes to @Marty Backe for the list of useful things in his video descriptions. Great stuff, thanks!

I will probably have to do a lot of additional shopping to stack up on gear and accessories, so again, if anyone cares to give advice I am happy for all info. Tire pressure, pebble type watches or good Android apps, anything goes! I will also try to read up more on the "charge doctor" thingamajig to treat the batteries well.

Typical Gotway, mine came with a loose charge port.

Prices for these things and parts like plastics shells and other stuff in general is just flat out crazy overpriced, cannot member if it was Ian, Jason or maybe both who told me Gotway mark up 300% on bits like this, I bought a replacement shell for ACM and was told when in contact with both of them. Skip official and sponsor EUC GUY instead?

UPS almost often do this to me, "customer was not at home", I become angry and call but chauffeur always defended and I am told I was not at home! Ok if you say so but being defended when doing something wrong, of course it will happen more often in the future or am I wrong? This time the chauffeur was in such a hurry he called me and asked me to go to the road and collect from there, he almost threw out the package and was in terrible shape with holes and tears all over and signature could not be written cause the hand computer only allowed me to start write a couple of signs so he said screw it and away he went..  No I think they skip a few quite often due to time pressure and easier to say "was not home" but I am speculating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Electroman said:

Thank you, the first 5-10 in of riding was terrible, ok so I admit to that now hahaha, on the other hand I have just my ACM as reference what I am used to, what feels natural to me. This wheel is so very different in every way, the pedal height and angle, like others say the digging into my calves, the torque loss form a larger diameter tire (although with more powerful hub motor/battery/control board), everything the good and the bad!

A bit surprised though how fast I am getting used to this thing, night and day from the ACM for sure and much of the bad is turning into a positive for me and think you are in for a treat

have a ACM to, or had, sold it before i had my new wheel to a friend of mine :( regret that a lot , tok him a week to learn how to ride it, but now i am sitting here end have no wheel ,and he is wheeling around :) god for him so he can ride with me when I'm getting mine.or i have my first wheel a airwheel  Q3, but that is shit to ride whit :) and I'm not doing that .

terrible ride you say? how? 

and how do you feel about it now?

still can't wait to i get mine :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, WorldByOneWheel said:

have a ACM to, or had, sold it before i had my new wheel to a friend of mine :( regret that a lot , tok him a week to learn how to ride it, but now i am sitting here end have no wheel ,and he is wheeling around :) god for him so he can ride with me when I'm getting mine.or i have my first wheel a airwheel  Q3, but that is shit to ride whit :) and I'm not doing that .

terrible ride you say? how? 

and how do you feel about it now?

still can't wait to i get mine :)

That sucks, not getting your daily dose of wheeling.

Ohh just to clarify myself, I am falling in love with the MSX and feels better every time I mount her now, ups did that come out right? :o

Mainly it was just that initial feeling where nothing is like I am used to and a world of difference at that, so much I asked myself first minute if I can adapt to this it just felt all wrong, from the height and angle of pedals, to sluggish reaction, to lack of immediate torque response, etc..

But it turns out it was just about getting used to it and now I start to appreciate all things I first had concerns about, I literally over reacted way too fast cause of that massive difference, chock getting up on it and riding away. I am sure I would get used to the calf problem too of too think pads, but I also know how sensitive these pads are and many have broken theirs in no time so I removed them and put on some foam strips I have on rolls with one side adhesive instead, that way I could add an extra layer over the hard edge and while not a huge difference there is a small one and enough to help me brake this in slightly softer so I can get some miles on in  without worst pain.

I feel you, hope you get it soon.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Electroman said:

That sucks, not getting your daily dose of wheeling.

Ohh just to clarify myself, I am falling in love with the MSX and feels better every time I mount her now, ups did that come out right? :o

Mainly it was just that initial feeling where nothing is like I am used to and a world of difference at that, so much I asked myself first minute if I can adapt to this it just felt all wrong, from the height and angle of pedals, to sluggish reaction, to lack of immediate torque response, etc..

But it turns out it was just about getting used to it and now I start to appreciate all things I first had concerns about, I literally over reacted way too fast cause of that massive difference, chock getting up on it and riding away. I am sure I would get used to the calf problem too of too think pads, but I also know how sensitive these pads are and many have broken theirs in no time so I removed them and put on some foam strips I have on rolls with one side adhesive instead, that way I could add an extra layer over the hard edge and while not a huge difference there is a small one and enough to help me brake this in slightly softer so I can get some miles on in  without worst pain.

I feel you, hope you get it soon.

like drawing a new car, takes time to get used to  :)

hope it get here faster :)  EUC GUY have some new pads coming soon,You should check it out, he's planning on two types og pads,thicher pads and tilted pads, I'm just waiting for him to get them done 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WorldByOneWheel said:

like drawing a new car, takes time to get used to  :)

hope it get here faster :)  EUC GUY have some new pads coming soon,You should check it out, he's planning on two types og pads,thicher pads and tilted pads, I'm just waiting for him to get them done 

Thanks, will for sure check them out.

I hope they are black or even same fake "carbon fibre" look at the shell, I bought the mud flap from earlier today and saw some new design to website, or I think so anyway was long since I visited but his mud flap is the best looking one to me and like the simple on/off feature.

1 minute ago, Electroman said:

Thanks, will for sure check them out.

I hope they are black or even same fake "carbon fibre" look at the shell, I bought the mud flap from earlier today and saw some new design to website, or I think so anyway was long since I visited but his mud flap is the best looking one to me and like the simple on/off feature.

he did a totally makeover on his site, probably you can choose color , i don't know yet, but other things he had, you could choose the color, like the mud flap :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WorldByOneWheel said:

he did a totally makeover on his site, probably you can choose color , i don't know yet, but other things he had, you could choose the color, like the mud flap :)

Thanks, did not think of that, assumed he send out black?

Maybe I need to contact him?

14 hours ago, sWiFt said:

Good ideas, thanks for the vid - I saw some other guy opening an MSX after riding in heavy rain and the insides were neat and dry, however that handle bar is indeed a weak link, I will look into it before I go bathing my precious wheel. Right now I´m more concerned about it paining my back when going over puddles and whatnot. Need mudflap! 
I´ve never used slime before, but will check in with my local bike shop to investigate this product. I did have to change the inner tube on my IPS (profile pic) and it took me some 4h+ including all the swearing and dirt removal once I got in there. I am actually more worried to do that again on the IPS since those screw holes are plastic and might get worn down fast, in contrast to the MSX. 

I still got some padding material that can be used to protect the MSX, I like shiny, fresh looking stuff, but to be honest I should maybe just kick it over a few times today to have it over with and be able to focus less on avoiding scratches haha.. Thanks for the advice! 

here you can buy slime i sweden:) 

https://www.kopbarnvagn.se/sv/artiklar/slime-punkteringshjalp-till-barnvagnsdack-473-ml.html

• Upvote 1

There has been a few mentions on the 84V perhaps having a slightly better torque, or being faster in acceleration. But the 100V has an even higher top speed. Someone mentioned that the difference in acceleration might be because of more parallel battery packs on the 84V.

The 100V was told to have fried some main boards in China, and @EUC GUY’s 100V charger got fried. I haven’t heard of failures with the 84V version or it’s (hot and ridiculously slow) charger.

Regardless, the largest difference is probably in the battery capacity, 1600Wh vs ~1280Wh.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2

I  must admit, still to reach 100km travel distance on my MSX 84v and while I understand how silly it sound, I would not mind a few extra km/h top speed. :) 

But I also would like a bit better acceleration, for sure I do not want to trade the extra range and in the end of the day everything is a compromise of sort so I think I would stick to the 84v if I would but it today.

Over 50km/h is still plenty fast on a wheel and not the kind of speed I normally ride at on a daily basis, have not tested any top speed yet and probably will not do it but it's the stability at high speed that make me cruise into 50km/h territory, not necessarily chasing that speed.

On 8/5/2018 at 10:29 AM, Rehab1 said:

I don’t want to derail this thread but your probably correct being they intend to use the conveyance within the next 2 years for their police force. I bet Dubai policeman are lining up.  The Blackfly was at the EAA Oshkosh event last week along with numerous other electric powered aircraft. Cutting edge technology. 

42959056535_b5b530f0fe_b.jpg

I miss that event.  The last time I was there was in 2002 when I won Grand Champion for my helicopter. Well time to return to the Gotway MSuper X Arrived main topic. My sincere apologizes. 

entCopter4.jpg

Here is something even better,no license required. Upto 250miles distance.

4 minutes ago, Electroman said:

stephen thanks for image, may I ask how long after order it arrived?

if you mean how long did the mud guard take to come it was about a week , you don't have to screw the mudgaurd like gotways it's just a snap fit , but i recommend putting a blob of glue from a glue gun or some sort of adhesive just in case if you go over some bumps ... just in case ,, you never know ,,,??

yeah the the msx has a high wall it's so cushy over everything and it don't wobble at all at speeds either?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Electroman said:

<snip>

The negatives and what I really do miss with the ACM is the ability never have to think about rain, or rather the lack of a shower spraying my back with dirty water riding in it, hope the EUC GUY flap with correct all of that.

<snip>

My EUC Guy mudflap works perfectly on my MSX. I've ridden it through plenty of puddles and no water on the legs or butt.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, Electroman said:

Does anyone have any good advice for a GotWay virgin like me? Big or small, all very welcome.. I might be going for that mai

Well uh, its gonna hurt a little bit at first, but only for a little while. Then it will start to feel really nice. ?

• Like 1

Yeah, my inner legs were sore for the first while on the MSuperX, but now that's not a problem at all.  Although that was true with my first EUC and the Kingsong KS16 as well.

• Like 1

BROKEN!?!

I haven´t even gotten to take the wheel outside yet, was about to today but when i start it up it just goes BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP just like the tilt safety is triggered.. and it does not balance at all. 

It feels like a "gear" resistance when moving it around. Anyone has any idea what the hell is going on? Im really trying to start it up standing upright but tried a bunch of times without success.. it just beeps at me.

*panic*

Edited by sWiFt