Gotway MSuper X arrived

16 minutes ago, stephen said:

not really lottery it's just one of them things  they  been problems with allot of different makes and models and this is the first report so far? just saying ??

Yeah and seems a bit better these days too or am I just imagining that perhaps? Either way weird things can and do occur but it's true considering how many sold and first we hear about this..?

12 hours ago, sWiFt said:

Buying the latest and greatest had me thinking there would be some quality for the price. It seems GW´s are kind of a lottery.

Anyways, thank you everybody for helping out with understanding the issue. I will now log off here for quite a while probably, and wait for a reply from the seller or even dispute and refund this POS (still got 10 days). Take care out there!

It seems you got a lemon, that's a bummer :(

However, comparing the major new wheels that have come out this year (KS18L, V10F and MSX) it seems to me that the MSX is the one with least serious issues so far (the Z10 we'll yet have to see about). I hope that everything works out fine with the seller and that you'll be up and running with your new wheel soon.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I HATE pictures like this. A million questions but all we can do is look at a picture.

FWIW, this side pad mod looks fantastic, including the nicely chamfered edges (details matter). Just wish that there was information that allowed us to act upon it.

Well, you can see that the OEM pads go over top of the ridge, they don't just sit in the recess.  Although I've made two iterations of my own pads, one of foam from a craft store:

ZHygTbYxX1FSX0-xsoyBwYNE8Q_Mb3ULoiL55ZEf

The most current is foam from a yoga mat. 1/4"

CrRBKpylZygvMbOQ0obF8ibiz-Uzob_aaq2v8wkC

The first one rubbed off black on my legs.  This one seems to be getting stained from my jeans.  Both are stuck on with 3m 77 spray adhesive which is super effective.

If this one gets too stained I may try neoprene from Amazon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

Well, you can see that the OEM pads go over top of the ridge, they don't just sit in the recess

it looks like that they sit in the recess the after market ones it looks better, why didn't gotway do that that my only complaint about the msx i still love it though ???

Edited by stephen

6 minutes ago, stephen said:

it looks like that they sit in the recess the after market ones it looks better, why didn't gotway do that that my only complaint about the msx i still love it though ???

Well, it may look better but it's a sharp edge.  I'm sure that's why they tried to smooth it with foam, although the OEM foam wasn't durable or thick enough.

6 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

Well, it may look better but it's a sharp edge.  I'm sure that's why they tried to smooth it with foam, although the OEM foam wasn't durable or thick enough.

yeah the oem pads was to high for me it rubbed my calves so the litter position seems better  I'm still trying alternatives i might just go bare back lol . i have some foam on atm and it's doing ok ?

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I HATE pictures like this. A million questions but all we can do is look at a picture.

FWIW, this side pad mod looks fantastic, including the nicely chamfered edges (details matter). Just wish that there was information that allowed us to act upon it.

I make myself with 5 mm of rubber, I use a wood Template and a wood router (I think is n't the right word)

20180811_161500.jpg

20180811_163129(0).jpg

20180811_163134.jpg

• Like 3

V

9 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

I make myself with 5 mm of rubber, I use a wood Template and a wood router (I think is n't the right word)

Very nice. I would not have thought that a router would cleanly cut rubber. What kind of rubber did you use?

So you roughly cut some rubber (bigger than the template), attached the rubber to the template, and routed the final shape and profile. Cool.

:cheers:

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

V

Very nice. I would not have thought that a router would cleanly cut rubber. What kind of rubber did you use?

So you roughly cut some rubber (bigger than the template), attached the rubber to the template, and routed the final shape and profile. Cool.

:cheers:

@Marty Backe  Hey Marty,

Simce you have the tools and making two sets won’t take a ton more effort than making one,  I’d love to have a pair?.  Let me know how much?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sketch said:

@Marty Backe  Hey Marty,

Simce you have the tools and making two sets won’t take a ton more effort than making one,  I’d love to have a pair?.  Let me know how much?

I'll keep you in mind. I'm in the idea collecting phase right now. I have no immediate plans since my current pads are working great.

• Like 1

Any review coming @Marty Backe ?

Like your videos so hope to see one soon.

I'm so far loving my 84v MsuperX.

It makes you feel so confident and the ride is very smooth.

A big step up from the older v3 1200w when carrying my 96kg over pot holes and riding on bumpy or steep trails.

I have to get used to the angle of the pedals and a bit wider stand, so the wheel can float between my legs like on the v3. 

And about those edges, have to find something for smoothing out hits when riding uneven trails.

But so far very happy with Ms.X

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, egiljo said:

Any review coming @Marty Backe ?

Like your videos so hope to see one soon.

I'm so far loving my 84v MsuperX.

It makes you feel so confident and the ride is very smooth.

A big step up from the older v3 1200w when carrying my 96kg over pot holes and riding on bumpy or steep trails.

I have to get used to the angle of the pedals and a bit wider stand, so the wheel can float between my legs like on the v3. 

And about those edges, have to find something for smoothing out hits when riding uneven trails.

But so far very happy with Ms.X

There's already so much information out there about the MSX. I have no immediate plans on a dedicated MSX review.

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Marty, we all want to see and hear in detail how you feel about the wheel in detail. As you know we all feel a bit differently about the different aspects of each wheel.

Besides, your Overheat Hill and other stretches have become the standard benchmarks of the whole business!

Well, I have yet to have an opportunity to take the MSX into the hills. I certainly will be testing that aspect, but probably in September. Southern California has been going through an extended heat spell that has kept me away from my mountain testing grounds.

• Like 2