Gotway MSuper X arrived

On 7/31/2019 at 3:18 PM, Elliott Reitz said:

So I just finished my 3rd ride (20.5 miles).  I went around Onondaga lake and yea twice got hassled (park maintenence says no motorzed... bla bla)... then construction zone guy...

As for the above dialog:

1.  The MSX has earned my "Trust the wheel". 

2.  It is much harder to get it to lean in that the e+ (per someone's comment of that on bigger wheels).  That means that jumping on and getting moving is still harder for me on the MSX (compared to e+), especially until I get my feet shuffled to a comfortable place. 

3.  Foot positions & footwear:  Like my 2nd ride I wore my hiking boots which are much stiffer than shoes... they allow me to get use out of my toes and distribute my weight better even though I do overhang the front (heels pretty close to even in the back).

4.  I took it up to 40 kph a few times.  At that point my eyes start to water and the wind noise sucks... and since I'm just riding to enjoy the scenery my comfort speed is 25 to 30 kph (20 mph).   Id be comfortable going faster on smooth roads if I had earplugs and goggles (mororcycle equipment.

5. I have 70% battery remaining after 20.5 miles.  IF the battery remaining is accurate to distance then it means I would get about 50 miles before it slows or beep warns.

{+}

6. It did a 40 degree slope while accelerating up the hill.

7. I got two hassles on the trip.  Firs was park maintenance staff standing along the trail and asked me to stop ... told me rules .... I made good arguments and they didn't come through with their office phone number.   Then they let (didn't make me walk) me continue.  The 2nd was a bull-dozer driver who wanted me out of his "construction site not a bike path". 

Ride #4 on my new 100v MSX... OMG roads suck. Potholes and frost heaves are really dangerous over 10 mph... I still wish it had shocks.

Ride #5: I found a rout home with far less traffic. Also I set it to "soft mode". That was far less disconcerting when hitting things like frost heaves speed bumps and pot holes, especially with any cars nearby.
I had it in stiff for ride #3, but there were far less bumpy patches and deeper pot-holes like the city streets have in Syracuse. I think what's wrong about stiffer modes while over 20mph for me was the way the wheel aggressively compensates within a section series of potholes or road-pavement-waves adds to the bounce that causes my feet to lift off the peddles and then back on... sure more expected I crouch in more, and squeeze the wheel to stop that from happening... but down town roads are just too often a invisible frost heave while the mirror is too small to be confidently away from cars.

As for foot-placement vs acceleration, getting on, and getting a fast start, the soft-mode seems to make it easier for me to get it to lean and that seems to help quite a bit (though it could be just my getting used to the different wheel at this point, hard to be sure).  One big + from the MSX over the e+ is that its far easier to change foot position because of the higher leg-contact pad on the opposite leg. 

Heading home I saw my fastest yet speed was 29mph (when back in my own neighborhood where that's the speed limit too).  Next time I'll know more from the ride via Wheel Log (just downloaded it). 

After getting home, I've installed wheel-log.  It took a while getting through the wheel settings (and back to GW app to get it to work).  These are from lifting the wheel to test speed/alarms(disable them).  Confirmed 58.5 mph without cutoff... Also the speed current graph fails to update its mph/kpm label & scale on the graph (its 58.5).

Screenshot_20190802-171440_WheelLog.jpg

Screenshot_20190802-171908_WheelLog.jpg

Edited by Elliott Reitz
add ride#3 self quote (seems most relevant), Top speed, append pics of wheellog

I'm so happy!!!

So today I'm at 95 miles with my most recent ride going 16 miles from downtown to home... at 11.5 mph avg, and 24 mph top speed for the trip.  I did much more of the down-town mix of potholes and traffic over 15mph with more comfort this time.  Notably, for more agressive riding I've learned to shift my feet further back on the peddles and seriously knee-bend for unseeable and/or rough spots full of pot-holes.  And yea, pot-holes are 10x the challenges of grass or off-road. 

As for gear, my "bicycle full gear" is fine under 30mph.  To push over 30 (If it were important to me) I would be wearing more motorcycle gear (vs bicycle-type), especially eye and hearing (goggles/ear-plugs).

Edited by Elliott Reitz
  • Like 1

Thoughts after 100 miles:

* Compared to the Ninebot One e+, getting on is trickier.  The wheel is much heavier making the "jump-on acquisition of balance" (quote me on that phrase) much harder than the smaller 9-b1-e+.

* Foot position.  On the MSX its much easier to move a foot.  Ultra-slow experience on the 9-b1-e+ caused me to favor "far forward" foot positions.  On the MSX that felt right for the 1st 10 miles or so... but after setting the stiffness to soft it became easier to use further back foot positions without sacrificing ride duration. 

* Speed:  The MSX is still much faster than I choose to be.  While its capable of 42 mph sustained, my max speed is about 33 mph, and a comfortable fast is about 20 mph.  Head-winds and wind speed comes into play around 25 mph (less with head-wind)... above that I can see where seated position would be easier. 

* Seat:  I'm still waiting on the seat and have the spring per Marty Backe's vid (thanks Marty!).

* Riding slow (with my dog):  The 9-b1-e+ vs the MSX remains a very tough choice.  The 9-b1-e+ top sustainable speed (about 10 mph) still exceeds the speed my Siberian Husky seems to want during the summer-heat.  GF's dog (cockapoo) is much smaller but young and wants to run 20+ mph... his leash training is still lacking for doing that much speed with that puppy. 

* Why ride and break park rules:  I saw 2 eagles with fish today. :D:D:D

* Off road:  The MSX isn't as good as the 9-b1-e+ below 5 mph.  But over that its bigger tire rocks!  Below 5mph in wet grass or gravel I need to be cautious with the MSX that I don't put a torque that spins out the wheel (maybe I'm just paranoid from experience with the e+ in the snow).

* Tilted foot-plates with Nikola peddles:  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!  The tilted peddles work (I think the angle w/ Nikola peddles is same as stock)... keep my feet more stable while hitting more stuff at higher speeds.  As for low-speeds, size matters and the Nikola peddles are just big enough that I don't think I need to extend them like I did on the 9-b1-e+.  And after MSX inspired soft-mode tilt-in-like Michael-Jackson... I may have less actual need for the peddle extentions on the e+ too (though for the sake of slow-ride-duration, I'll keep them on).  Drawback of Nikola peddles is the magnets don't align to hold them folded up.  They also stick down (kick-them and they still fall back down).  If I were riding more commuter mode I'd be more motivated to drill and add some magnets or metal to make that feature work. 

* Apps - I needed the Gotway app to stop the alarm nonsense (disable all).  Other than that, Wheel-log has more "logging" features that are interesting/nice.

* Wheel log - keeps running while app-switching.  But the video recorder stops when going to wheel-log. 

* Pebble - it arrived, but I haven't been able to get my phone (Galaxy S10) to connect with it... the app (discontinued - ouch) fails... 3rd party app fails too... IDK yet about that.  It would be nice to be able to see my speed while recording a vid.

* Local park prohibition - (no dogs w/ bikes, no electrified anything)... I saw 2 eagles with fish fly over me today... saw an ebike... and received no hassles.  It was beautiful. 

* My right leg gets a red-mark where the top of the side-pad contacts it.  After my ride, it starts to itch. 

* So far I have NOT dropped this wheel on the ground.  Its only blemish is from a peddle-scrape on a curb while an idiot passed me too close with his trailer (wider than his truck).

Edited by Elliott Reitz
minor edits
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Thoughts after 100 miles:

* Compared to the Ninebot One e+, getting on is trickier.  The wheel is much heavier making the jump-on "acquisition of balance" (quote me on that phrase) much harder than the smaller 9-b1-e+.

* Foot position.  On the MSX its much easier to move a foot.  Ultra-slow experience on the 9-b1-e+ caused me to favor "far forward" foot positions.  On the MSX that felt right for the 1st 10 miles or so... but after setting the stiffness to soft it became easier to use further back foot positions without sacrificing ride duration. 

* Speed:  The MSX is still much faster than I choose to be.  While its capable of 42 mph sustained, my max speed is about 33 mph, and a comfortable fast is about 20 mph.  Head-winds and wind speed comes into play around 25 mph (less with head-wind)... above that I can see where seated position would be easier. 

* Seat:  I'm still waiting on the seat and have the spring per Marty Backe's vid (thanks Marty!).

* Riding slow (with my dog):  The 9-b1-e+ vs the MSX remains a very tough choice.  The 9-b1-e+ top sustainable speed (about 10 mph) still exceeds the speed my Siberian Husky seems to want during the summer-heat.  GF's dog (cockapoo) is much smaller but young and wants to run 20+ mph... his leash training is still lacking for doing that much speed with that puppy. 

* Why ride and break park rules:  I saw 2 eagles with fish today. :D:D:D

* Off road:  The MSX isn't as good as the 9-b1-e+ below 5 mph.  But over that its bigger tire rocks!  Below 5mph in wet grass or gravel I need to be cautious with the MSX that I don't put a torque that spins out the wheel (maybe I'm just paranoid from experience with the e+ in the snow).

* Tilted foot-plates with Nikola peddles:  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!  The tilted peddles work (I think the angle w/ Nikola peddles is same as stock)... keep my feet more stable while hitting more stuff at higher speeds.  As for low-speeds, size matters and the Nikola peddles are just big enough that I don't think I need to extend them like I did on the 9-b1-e+.  And after MSX inspired soft-mode tilt-in-like Michael-Jackson... I may have less actual need for the peddle extentions on the e+ too (though for the sake of slow-ride-duration, I'll keep them on).  Drawback of Nikola peddles is the magnets don't align to hold them folded up.  They also stick down (kick-them and they still fall back down).  If I were riding more commuter mode I'd be more motivated to drill and add some magnets or metal to make that feature work. 

* Apps - I needed the Gotway app to stop the alarm nonsense (disable all).  Other than that, Wheel-log has more "logging" features that are interesting/nice.

* Wheel log - keeps running while app-switching.  But the video recorder stops when going to wheel-log. 

* Pebble - it arrived, but I haven't been able to get my phone (Galaxy S10) to connect with it... the app (discontinued - ouch) fails... 3rd party app fails too... IDK yet about that.  It would be nice to be able to see my speed while recording a vid.

* Local park prohibition - (no dogs w/ bikes, no electrified anything)... I saw 2 eagles with fish fly over me today... saw an ebike... and received no hassles.  It was beautiful. 

Nice that you're adjusting to your new powerhouse of a wheel.

One thought regarding mounts - mainly, practice. There should be no jumping involved when mounting.

Practice rolling a few feet with one leg on the pedal only and the wheel pressed against your shin. This develops the habit necessary for a rolling start with a gentle transition to fully mounted.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice that you're adjusting to your new powerhouse of a wheel.

One thought regarding mounts - mainly, practice. There should be no jumping involved when mounting.

Practice rolling a few feet with one leg on the pedal only and the wheel pressed against your shin. This develops the habit necessary for a rolling start with a gentle transition to fully mounted.

While I agree with your POV about one-leg practice... I never did that.  I'm that guy that went 40' on my first ride (after getting on by holding a pair of cars in my driveway)... 2nd ride 100 yards... and 1st 6 months learning to "Jump" onto it.  I did motocross as a kid and can seriously "go for it".  So yea, I bypassed basic training and have a different set of strengths/weaknesses than most.  I do think I'm probably the master of slow!

What was my "problem"?  Well the 9-b1-e+ stock foot plates are slippery with very low side-pads making my foot slide off rather than allow my 200 lbs a## to stand on 1 leg with it.  Maybe I can get there with the MSX as I can appreciate a better leg-feel for stop then dismounting (I slow to 0mph 1st, then step off a side). 

Accidents?  ALL of those were "dog-induced" by my GF's over-excited puppy.  I did a face-plant-fail with a hoverboard last year before my 1st EUC... so I get that risk and am VERY happy that both of these wheels have 10x the power of my "top-end" hoverboard (a 10" w/ no center twist).  And yea, I don't like hoverboards any more... my GF has done a few 10mph jump offs (wow she's strong/fit!).

Edited by Elliott Reitz
minor edits
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

While I agree with your POV about one-leg practice... I never did that.  I'm that guy that went 40' on my first ride (after getting on by holding a pair of cars in my driveway)... 2nd ride 100 yards... and 1st 6 months learning to "Jump" onto it.  I did motocross as a kid and can seriously "go for it".  So yea, I bypassed basic training and have a different set of strengths/weaknesses than most.  I do think I'm probably the master of slow!

What was my "problem"?  Well the 9-b1-e+ stock foot plates are slippery with very low side-pads making my foot slide off rather than allow my 200 lbs a## to stand on 1 leg with it.  Maybe I can get there with the MSX as I can appreciate a better leg-feel for stop then dismounting (I 0mph stop 1st). 

Accidents?  ALL of those were "dog-induced" by my GF's over-excited puppy.  I did a face-plant-fail with a hoverboard last year before my 1st EUC... so I get that risk and am VERY happy that both of these wheels have 10x the power of my "top-end" hoverboard (a 10" w/ no center twist).  And yea, I don't like hoverboards any more... my GF has done a few 10mph jump offs (wow she's strong/fit!).

I never did the one-leg practice either, until many months had gone by and I was tired of not being good at mounting the wheel. Hop/jump mounting will never win style points and can result in falls and/or embarrassment when a crowd is watching you :D

I only offered the advice in case you wanted to improved your mounts. Practice makes perfect. I continue to practice different skills just about every day. It's the only way to improve.

However you decide to ride, enjoy the MSX  :cheers:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

I never did the one-leg practice either, until many months had gone by and I was tired of not being good at mounting the wheel. Hop/jump mounting will never win style points and can result in falls and/or embarrassment when a crowd is watching you :D

I only offered the advice in case you wanted to improved your mounts. Practice makes perfect. I continue to practice different skills just about every day. It's the only way to improve.

However you decide to ride, enjoy the MSX  :cheers:

Right on Marty!  (I'm one of your fans)

As it is now, dismounts seem to be my best path to stepping on rather than jumping on.  I can 100% stop and then STEP off (both wheels). 

Earlier this summer things like stop-lights I would use the light-poll to stand-on-for-the-green-light.  Lately, the "jump" has become much smaller... more like a step-on... though per you're advice I'm not yet up-to standing onto primary leg for a few feet before the 2nd leg gets there.  Instead, its been an urgent "jump" to get the 2nd leg on the peddle... THEN... twist if necessary and "michael jackson" get speed.  I do all that within (guessing) 3 mph while telling my dog "lets go" and then finally I get my "mounted acquisition of balance" (update my phrase quote... I think its a "THING") .

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great!  I especially lol'd your "California roll" (dropped the e+ a few times that way (bashed up the foot plate)).  LMAO.  So can you go forever on 1 leg?

PS:  Great advice about mounts.  I am working on that (need to).  The MSX is 100x easier to "jump on" than the e+ because of the e+ slippery;ness, though it's much harder to get it up to the "acquisition of ballance" threshold due to its weight and size.    IDK if I can ever get beyond a very slow roll with a small hop onto the e+ wheel.  I have noticed thought that I'm recently (last month'ish) feeling better "hopping on" rather than using the light pole (in front of major traffic intersection).   As for the MSX, I can probably do 1 leg thanks to its higher side-pads (other than 1-leg not yet becoming a priority).

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+ "(...)", PS
  • Like 1

I should also mention I still take advantage of my dog during mounts sometimes.  He often gets a pull on his leash just to help me with my "acquisition of balance while mounting".  For his sake I do my best to minimize that emergency-cord.  Though without him I'd still be using light polls and other stuff to mount the wheel.  He's extremely wary of big loud things like a failed mount too.  Good for him, and yes he "works with me" on that stuff... I'm getting better while he's learned to trust me.  I do think he likes my MSX better than the e+ too (the MSX hasn't (yet, and I hope not ever) been dropped).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

{vid}

Yep, that's how he looks at me when that happens.

It actually is much easier to mount a wheel without concern for "his speed" or "his follow".  Like sometimes he wants to smell things... usually I can pull him away from that instinct, though while helping the initial mount he also complicates the 1st 5mph... Like I've even learned to let him give me that backward-twist/pull while I may give him a semi-serious leash-drag-him-force-behind-me.  Like if he fails to follow a launch he gets dragged while my wheel turns to deliver the force.  It doesn't really happen to him... but on the wheel I do often get spun toward the force him direction... it contributes to me thinking I'm a "slow speed expert" even though I haven't done backwards or stationary like others who I think are better at wheels than me.

{+} I use a bungie cord around my waste to hold the leash.  So if he pulls too hard the leash pulls out unless I grab it.

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+ a paragraph w/o another post
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 9:45 AM, Elliott Reitz said:

Like sometimes he wants to smell things... usually I can pull him away from that instinct

Why on earth would you want to pull your dog away from one of it’s most basic instincts? Besides having a poop and marking one’s territory, isn’t letting your dog ”read the newspaper” one of the main reasons of taking one’s dog outside in general?

On 8/10/2019 at 1:33 AM, mrelwood said:

Why on earth would you want to pull your dog away from one of it’s most basic instincts? Besides having a poop and marking one’s territory, isn’t letting your dog ”read the newspaper” one of the main reasons of taking one’s dog outside in general?

No.  If I let him that's all he would do.  He's a Siberian Husky so a few miles per day is good for him.  Especially since he was under-weight at max-breed height when I got him 2 years ago.  I've got him up from 38 lbs to 43 lbs now.  He gets canned food plus table scraps, and exercise so it puts on bulk instead of fat.  Also, my enjoyment riding under the big beautiful 100'+ Oak, Ash, and Maples of central NY helps him get me motivated to run him like he deserves.  ;)

FWIW,  back to the topic:

Joy ride: Today I rode my MSX to the dentist down town (Syracuse NY).  That was 7 miles in under 20 min (each way).  I was so early I rode over the Syracuse University hill and campus... up to 4th in parking ramp, and ... was asked to demo IN MY DENTIST's OFFICE.  Wow, the EUC love that's out there is amazing. 

Developing Skills:  So the pot holes aren't scary any more.  My average speed was about 20 mph each way including some grass and dirt along the way.  My top speed was still/again only 33 (so like Marty would say, "I'm not a speed Guy"). 

Dog ride:  After the MSX ride, I went for another 1.5 hr ride with my dog, about 10 miles more.  My feet weren't so numb as they used to get either. 

So, I'm feeling like my last 3 or 4 rides "doubled my skills/confidence".  I did more curb-jumps/shots, grass, carves, pot-holes, gravel, rail-stones... and mount/dissmount in front of people.  It really does finally feel more comfortable riding my EUCs than my bicycles.  As for hoverboards, those remain more dangerous than Jarts and Click-Klacks.  :D

Plus: :D:D:D 7 of the 10 miles I rode tonight were beautiful neighborhood streets.  Very few cars, nice people walking, nice people waiving, big beautiful trees.. WOW!  :D:D:D

:D

Edited by Elliott Reitz
  • Upvote 1

I just got mine.  I purchased the 1600 MSX model from Green Fashion via Ali-Express too.  Damn these guys were quick.  It arrived in about 7 days from China to California (actually I think it was 6 days !!) !!  Now it's time to learn to ride it !!!  Yay for the weekend !!

Super excited.  Need to add protection to the wheel for when I drop it !!   It's gonna happen !! :-)  Got my pads and protective gear ready !!

• Like 1

So I couldn't wait to try it out.  Made some makeshift protection for low speed.  Spend about an hour trying to learn how to ride and eventually managed a 100 yard run a couple of times.  I have yet to learn how to get on it with no fence/support to get me straight and steady before I roll but the balance is starting to come along.  I looked at the app and it said 100% battery when I got it home which I don't believe.

I've also noticed a lot of wheel wobble.  I suspect some of this is because the tyre pressure wasn't high enough (like 25lbs - silly me forgot to check it and since it was airfreight it was probably intentionally low!!).  It may also be my balance is not quite adjusted yet too (very likely).  

Looking forward to more fun tomorrow !!!  :-)

7D3EE76C-CED0-4AA5-9E33-103881DF7B67.jpeg

94EE2CBC-54A6-4F8D-BAB9-2BE7FAF5F6D0.jpeg

Edited by Gazza-usa
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Gazza-usa said:

SomI couldn't wait to try it out.  Mad some makeshift protection for low speed.  Spend about an hour trying to learn how to ride and eventually managed a 100 yard run a couple of times.  I have yet to learn how to get on it with no fence/support to get me straight and steady before I roll but the balance is starting to come along.  I looked at the app and it said 100% battery when I got it home which I don't believe.

I've also noticed a lot of wheel wobble.  I suspect some of this is because the tyre pressure wasn't high enough (like 25lbs - sill me forgot to check it and since it was airfreight it was probably intentionally low!!).  It may also be my balance is not quite adjusted yet too (very likely).  

Looking forward to more fun tomorrow !!!  :-)

<pic><pic>

Congratulations!  Once you can do 100 yards, your next few rides you'll be able to do much more... miles very soon, especially with an MSX.  Unless your tire is squishy when you squeeze with your hand I'd doubt your wobble is tire pressure related.  Wheels will wobble, especially at faster speeds, and especially before you get used to dampening bumps and things. 

14 hours ago, Augus said:

Hi,

I notice little autonomy in my Gotway MSX 84V 1600Wh. Is there any way to know if the battery of my Gotway is 1600Wh without disassembling the wheel?.

Thanks.

Wheel Log app is great for monitoring while riding, though I can't see its display if doing a vid.  Note, some of us (maybe just me) have needed to use the Gotway app to disable alarms after Wheel Log. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Congratulations!  Once you can do 100 yards, your next few rides you'll be able to do much more... miles very soon, especially with an MSX.  Unless your tire is squishy when you squeeze with your hand I'd doubt your wobble is tire pressure related.  Wheels will wobble, especially at faster speeds, and especially before you get used to dampening bumps and things. 

Wheel Log app is great for monitoring while riding, though I can't see its display if doing a vid.  Note, some of us (maybe just me) have needed to use the Gotway app to disable alarms after Wheel Log. 

Thanks.  

I have to say that I love my EUC. I have just done 24km on it doing lots of practice stuff.  I can now turn corners, go up small road inclines and generally feel stable.  I still have to figure out how to get on it whilst on level ground (I use railings, garbage cans and fence posts at the moment).  I see that I have 90% battery left on the Gotway App which I don't believe since probably 20km are today.  Maybe level ground slow speed is efficient.  Anyway, this is a blast.  I also figured if you look at it you go there (just like most moving sports).  Dog poop being what I looked at 😂

I was in the parking lot near me doing circuits (ovals) in both directions.  I'd then enter and exit the parking lot, come in the other entrance and do the opposite loop.  It's a similar turning technique to skiing from what I can see but it's more subtle as the wheel and the gyroscopic feel is more sensitive.

My floorboards have been scuffed 😢.  Actually to be expected.  I bought it to use it !!

This is such a blast and I totally understand the addiction !!!

Edited by Gazza-usa
forgot to mention something
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazza-usa said:

Thanks.  

I have to say that I love my EUC. I have just done 24km on it doing lots of practice stuff.  I can now turn corners, go up small road inclines and generally feel stable.  I still have to figure out how to get on it whilst on level ground (I use railings, garbage cans and fence posts at the moment).  I see that I have 90% battery left on the Gotway App which I don't believe since probably 20km are today.  Maybe level ground slow speed is efficient.  Anyway, this is a blast.  I also figured if you look at it you go there (just like most moving sports).  Dog poop being what I looked at 😂

This is such a blast and I totally understand the addiction !!!

At 200 lbs riding weight my MSX 1350Wh takes me about 50 miles per charge.  Your 1600Wh would take me further unless you're heavier or your tire's way-soft.

My start was similar for a long time.  My issue was (on my 9-bot-e+ a 16" wheel with slipery'ish foot-plates) that I felt my foot couldn't (can't) maintain enough traction and leg-strength to do the 1 leg step-on/step-off routine.  As it is after riding a year, my slow-roll-hop is more graceful and reliable.  And stopping is easy now since I just slow to a stop and step off to a selected side.  That took me 6 months of riding to get smooth at because once I on, I like to stay on and keep going and going and going... learned to overcome foot-fatigue by shifting feet frequently.   As for the seat, I've tried mods to both of my wheels.  So far its too deep of a squat for my leg's ability (others seem to be able to squat deeper). If you can try some grass to learn to handle rougher terrain comfortably... 

Glad you're appreciating the addiction. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2019 at 2:37 PM, Augus said:

Is there any way to know if the battery of my Gotway is 1600Wh without disassembling the wheel?.

A Charge Doctor monitors the charge and displays the total amount of energy that has flown through. Other than that, one can only guesstimate from the mileage.

Which is a bit difficult since riding styles vary so much, and it hugely affects the mileage. For example, my 205lbs of speed addiction barely gets 60km (37 miles) anymore from my 1600Wh 84V MSX.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

A Charge Doctor monitors the charge and displays the total amount of energy that has flown through. Other than that, one can only guesstimate from the mileage.

Which is a bit difficult since riding styles vary so much, and it hugely affects the mileage. For example, my 205lbs of speed addiction barely gets 60km (37 miles) anymore from my 1600Wh 84V MSX.

How fast are you riding?  

11 hours ago, Xoltri said:

How fast are you riding?  

Pretty fast, usually up to 47km/h whenever the road is good and visibility is clear, and the headwind isn’t too bad. But I ride on hilly unpaved bike pathways the most, which means that I’m accelerating or braking allmost all the time.