Gotway MSuper X arrived

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

You know one foot front of the other so you have another axis leverage.  For me I advance my right foot over the the front edge of the pedal and my left toe is on the edge of left front part of the pedal so I have more leverage for forward and breaking.  Advantage for me to have right foot forward is it's easier to see the traffic over my left shoulder.

Interesting. I've never heard of this. Basically, purposefully place your feet so that they are uneven. Hmmm. Not sure I fully understand what this is helping with, but could experiment. What kind of difference are we talking about? 1-inch, 3-inches, etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Interesting. I've never heard of this. Basically, purposefully place your feet so that they are uneven. Hmmm. Not sure I fully understand what this is helping with, but could experiment. What kind of difference are we talking about? 1-inch, 3-inches, etc.

Hey @Marty Backe, if you go back and watch @houseofjob's NYC Z10 videos, you will be able to see how Chris likes to move his feet around on the pedals. At times he almost looks as though he is riding more in a sort of skateboard stance, by leading with one shoulder facing forward.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My experiences on offset (”2-axis”) feet positioning. I suppose it is to help in getting a bit more leverage for accelerating/braking especially on large wheels, but with my crooked legs it disturbs the side to side balance center point. Even if it wouldn’t, I felt it’s more of a thing for level ground. Any notable hills or obstacles yearn for a symmetrical setting.

And unless you have seriously oversized bigfoot pedal extensions, your feet are already hanging off the edge of the pedals. So the gained leverage can be questioned.

It might give more front to back balance though. Although, for level ground it’s not really needed in my mind, as the wheel already does that for us.

Not to say it wouldn’t work for some riders, it just doesn’t for me. Doesn’t hurt to try (hopefully!)!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

At least 3-inches but more the better for leverage.  So when I need to accelerate, step on the right foot.  To break use the left heel.  It takes some time to get it use to but that's how I ride any more, works great on small pedal Mten3 for me. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

3 inches?! And I had trouble with one inch. I must be doing something wrong...

Another thing is you want to stand as wide as possible for stability, hardly touch the side pad of MSX like the MCM5.  As with these wheels just need to practice.  Watch how @houseofjob moves his feet around the pedal as he rides.  I'm not quite there yet but I'm working on that too.  :D

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/30/2018 at 7:11 AM, US69 said:

Be happy that your are not getting a 100V Version...thats more or less Beta testing what Mathias is doing…..

Was there a problem with the stock GW 100V charger? Read somewhere that Matthias's charger had melted? 

I have a batch of the updated 100V/4A (450W) charger under production. 

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Multiple reports on Facebook showing the 100v chargers literally going up in smoke (on video). One guy got a replacement 100v charger and it too burned up. Looks like some serious quality problems with this Gotway charger.

Do you have the links?

51 minutes ago, nte said:

Not sure if this is helpful, no idea where the original source vid is.

Thanks! That's Kevin Grandon's video showing EUC GUY's 100V charger.

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nte said:

Not sure if this is helpful, no idea where the original source vid is.

That kind of sucks, so 100v need aftermarket chargers then for now or do they know what is causing them to burn and what to do just to minimize any chances of it happening?

So the videos for MSX start to really take off now and even 100v MSX videos available, hmmm... Despite 100v burnt chargers I really want a 84v/1600Wh vs 100v/1230Wh shootout asap

Edited by Electroman
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Do you have the links?

Thanks! That's Kevin Grandon's video showing EUC GUY's 100V charger.

I just sent you a link in Facebook

• Like 1

so I'm receiving my msx tomorrow just want some info please if anyone can..

how do you charge it up plug in the wall and turn power on then plug it in the euc port or plug it in euc then turn power on

secondly which so do you use the one in play store starts with Chinese writing

3rdly what's best average tyre pressure in 90 kg

4rth what setting for stiffness on pedals

5th what beep settings and tiltback thx

never had a gotway

thanks in advance?

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I usually plug the brick into the wall and then the wheel, but it doesn't matter. It's good either way.

I use the Gotway app and WheelLog that are listed on my YouTube videos (see my Signature below). If you're on iOS I can't help you.

Tire pressure is very personal, but at 80kg I filled mine to the max listed on the tire (45-psi).

The pedal stiffness is very easy to change. Try them all and find what you like. I ride at the stiffest (hard/Sport) setting. But when I cruising, sometimes I'll switch to the soft mode because I like how it feels (like you're in a car with real soft shocks). You get better gas mileage in the soft mode too.

Turn off the first two alarms (click the 1st Alarm button, then the 2nd).

I turn tilt-back off. But I would suggest you first set it to something like 10-km/h just so you can experience the tilt-back and know how it affects you when it occurs. Then either turn it off or set it to the speed that you don't want to exceed. The MSX is so fast you can find yourself going faster then you really want to :D

Good luck, and let me know how you're enjoying the wheel. 

@Marty Backe  thx for taking the trouble to help i just didn't want to be stuck when it arrives I've never had a gotway , yeah sure I'll be doing a report and feedback ,, can't wait 

cheers??

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, stephen said:

so i received my msx today and only having a kingsong I've nothing else to compare it to but Ooooh boy its worth every penny my ks16s feels like a toy , I've not had a proper ride yet just went to the park to get a feel, soon as i stepped on it i thought WoW it's so smooth so comfatable the pedals are really nice i like the angle, on the kingsong i had to watch for holes and divots this thing just rides right over them , I'm not a speed freak but i went 26mph without even noticing ,,that's fast enough for me,,,, for now anyway ?  can't wait to take it for a proper ride I've done 10 miles just messing about getting used to it which took 5 mins . like riding a bike ?

the wheel is so comfatable  I'm really happy like a big kid and for someone of my build it just looks right to not to small not to big . I'll update with a video and more reveiws soon but for now it's girlfriend time ? i can't ditch her for my wheel can i???

i like the power  when it's needed it really does take off really really impressed. i better get a helmet ??

cheers happy chappy me??

Congrat's again on the arrival of your MSX:cheers: I'm glad it's not disappointing. Welcome to the world of Gotway performance :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, stephen said:

@Marty Backe btw I put slime in my wheel tonight it went straight in no fuss did you manage it in the end you must of had a faulty tube ? 

Thanks for letting me know. I gave up on my tube. I'll just have to use it and hope I don't get a flat in a too inconvenient situation. Am ordering a backup tube for when that happens.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for letting me know. I gave up on my tube. I'll just have to use it and hope I don't get a flat in a too inconvenient situation. Am ordering a backup tube for when that happens.

I was able to Slime it no problems...

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

Converting to tubeless takes enough work for me to avoid doing so until I’m certain I’d appreciate the benefits in added comfort. I Gooped my MSX tube, no issues.

• Like 1