Gotway MSuper X arrived

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Converting to tubeless takes enough work for me to avoid doing so until I’m certain I’d appreciate the benefits in added comfort. I Gooped my MSX tube, no issues.

Im not sure how this would work though..have you got any experience with it in the past? Does it really hold? I know for tubeless is more effective but not so sure on tubes though. Very often a simple small puncture can rip the tube off, that's why tubeless would be the preferred option. But there is a hell of work to open the wheel and remove the tube.  Unless, this action could be performed without opening the wheel? I mean as long as the tire can be converted to tubeless, then does anyone know whether removing the air and the tube (cutting it off) and fit the valve would work without busting into the shell? ?

6 hours ago, bluewheel said:

Hi Marty et al - did you guys switched to tubeless to MSuper X? Or you just slimed the tube?

There are no tubeless options that I'm aware of for the MSuper. Just Slime for me.

12 hours ago, bluewheel said:

Could it be converter though?

I’m not sure how definitive it is, but the outer tires are specified to be used tubed or tubeless. So at least in theory you should get a suitable tubeless outer tire.

I don’t think it’s possible to remove the tube without taking the wheel apart. Popping the tire out of the rim tends to be a challenge even then.

I was able to fix a puncture with Goop, but the tube is no longer in use so can’t say about the longetivity.

2 hours ago, stephen said:

I've not posted in a while ,, it's my msx fault .. i can't keep off it ? this thing is amazing ,sweet spot on tyre pressure for me is 25 psi at 90kg i said I'm not a speed freak but my average speed is now 20 mph hitting 27+ for short bursts .. you just can't tell it's so smooth and i just go over bumps and rough terrain with ease , it's crazy the difference between my ks16s that now just feels like a toy , i was going to keep it but the msx is just as agile so smooth to ride and the power i can't even say ?and the motor sounds lovely( when you can hear it  ?)i might have to sell the kingsong is not going to get used maybe the z10 instead for a back up, i don't miss the speakers ?? really really happy i can't stop smiling it's definitely what i wanted/needed???????????????????

Lots of thumbs up and similes, look and sound happy which is good news for me considering I am about your weight and all. My MSX is supposed to arrive on Wednesday, well according to UPS anyways but imho they always deliberately skip the first attempt here claiming I was not at home even though sitting at the door from from morning to evening and seam as if this became the new normal so I think more like Thursday?

Regarding tire pressure I have a reference now, yes sound a bit low to me as well but I am comparing the a slow ACM 67v now and that thing feels so sluggish when not having a high enough pressure, I actually find it hard to find sweet spot pressure wise cause always sacrifices made riding on multiple road surfaces and will be interesting to see if this tire behave noticeably different?

43 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  25 psi sounds a bit low for your body weight.  Maybe try upping it to 45/50 psi?  I run 60 psi on my Tesla, and I’m 167 lbs.  I’d be concerned about rim bends at too low of a tire pressure.

Yeah that is quite a bit higher, but does your tire write anything about max pressure, if so what does it say?

• Like 1

thx guys i have messed about with the tyre pressures a bit, i just found for my riding which is canal and off road and  i just have more grip at 25psi i could pump the tyre up but then the contact area is smaller ,I'll try later to put a bit more pressure in as i got my girlfriend to get on her knees (no comments @Hunka Hunka Burning Love) and take a picture and i agree it does look a bit on the low side , I'll update and try a bit more I've only had it 2 days so not messed much but it does feel nice ,, i still have lots of squish left ???

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:blink:  Ah that looks a bit under-inflated.  You have to factor in dropping off curbs, hitting objects, etc since the tire gets even more deformed under riding conditions.  You should still have plenty of grip off-road riding at higher pressure.  The one contact patch with all the weight on it is actually pretty grippy.  Higher pressure also gets you longer range and less rolling resistance for the motor.  Up to you, but I’d up that pressure.

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Ah that looks a bit under-inflated.  You have to factor in dropping off curbs, hitting objects, etc since the tire gets even more deformed under riding conditions.  You should still have plenty of grip off-road riding at higher pressure.  The one contact patch with all the weight on it is actually pretty grippy.  Higher pressure also gets you longer range and less rolling resistance for the motor.  Up to you, but I’d up that pressure.

ok I'll play the pressures a bit 5psi at a time  , it might of been me just been comfy with it when getting used to it just felt more stable , I've had it 2 days now so I'll up it lol..

one thing I can't work out though should the wheel log app show 84v ?

and secondly my total mileage keeps changing it was 54 the other day and today it was 36 i did notice though when i tilted it over so the beep went off then it went to 31 i think it might be that,,,  i did make it tumble once on the grass and the milage  changed again,, and yes I'm taking about the total milage that should always be the same i just can't work it out I've never had a gotway so I'm still learning if it's me or the app but the milage should always be the same 

can anyone with msx had the same problem  ,, thanks in advance ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

that's with my 90kg weight on, does that look too flat but it's super comfy with plenty of squish left

IMG_20180804_183940.jpg

IMG_20180804_183725.jpg

i dont think you necessarily need to inflate it more, what psi is that at? you could probably keep it at that, just no lower than 30 psi, thats the lowest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

total mileage keeps changing

Yes, that is an astounding bug with the MSX: If you tilt it to it’s side when powered on and then lift it back up, you will lose all mileage you gathered since you last powered the wheel on. I lost about 200km before I realized what is happening.

Think of it as game point penalty if you fall and perhaps it won’t bother as much...

I so wish Gotway would hire a programmer who’d know how to make the firmware upgradeable by the user. All other manufacturers have known for years.

25 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Yes, that is an astounding bug with the MSX: If you tilt it to it’s side when powered on and then lift it back up, you will lose all mileage you gathered since you last powered the wheel on. I lost about 200km before I realized what is happening.

Think of it as game point penalty if you fall and perhaps it won’t bother as much...

I so wish Gotway would hire a programmer who’d know how to make the firmware upgradeable by the user. All other manufacturers have known for years.

This is an issue on the ACM2 as well... I just use a geo tracker app for my really long rides because I usually stop and lay the wheel down at least once or twice along the way to inspect to make sure everything’s ok.

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Awesome! Where the heck did you find beige knee pads to match your pants?

It's a tactical knee pad for run and gun.  Made by ALTA industries in Cayote... I had these for years they still make them.  Very good quality. 

Alta Industries 50413 AT50413-14 AltaFLEX Knee Pads, Coyote (One Pair) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F7FM2CM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ToLzBbFCF3AD4

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

This is an issue on the ACM2 as well... I just use a geo tracker app for my really long rides because I usually stop and lay the wheel down at least once or twice along the way to inspect to make sure everything’s ok.

Hey is that for the total mileage on the wheel, like you don't know the total usage from the beginning??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marcglider said:

Hey is that for the total mileage on the wheel, like you don't know the total usage from the beginning??

I don’t think so. I know for a fact it resets the trip miles when you lay it down, but I’m not sure if it also subtracts those miles from the total mileage counter. If it does, that seems like a bigger issue... I’ll have to check later today when I go on a ride.

• Like 1