Gotway MSuper X arrived

28 minutes ago, sWiFt said:

BROKEN!?!

I haven´t even gotten to take the wheel outside yet, was about to today but when i start it up it just goes BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP just like the tilt safety is triggered.. and it does not balance at all. 

It feels like a "gear" resistance when moving it around. Anyone has any idea what the hell is going on? Im really trying to start it up standing upright but tried a bunch of times without success.. it just beeps at me.

*panic*

have you tried a recalibration it might work

22 hours ago, stephen said:

if you mean how long did the mud guard take to come it was about a week , you don't have to screw the mudgaurd like gotways it's just a snap fit , but i recommend putting a blob of glue from a glue gun or some sort of adhesive just in case if you go over some bumps ... just in case ,, you never know ,,,??

yeah the the msx has a high wall it's so cushy over everything and it don't wobble at all at speeds either?

Yes my friend that's what I meant, sorry if unclear.

Ok good info, in that case I might just buy a second as back up should the unthinkable happen hehe, I been the ability to remove it, or rather snap it on when rain come and have it in the backpack always with me. For several reasons really but main one is it will not go into my locker at work otherwise cause it's about 500mm and this is the exact dept of the locker, door just about touch the tire when closing the locker, even if not sticking outside from the tires radius my backpack on top of the wheel could slip down over the wheel it happen every other day or so but also do not want something sticking out as soon as dry I ride without it. Thanks.

22 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

My EUC Guy mudflap works perfectly on my MSX. I've ridden it through plenty of puddles and no water on the legs or butt.

Glad to hear Marty, looking forward to it now with autumn here and rainy days ahead. My temporary piece of plastics I cut out and taped in place, a 2 min job just to not get sprayed did work but lower legs did get a little bit so very good news, thanks.

21 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Well uh, its gonna hurt a little bit at first, but only for a little while. Then it will start to feel really nice. ?

"Does anyone have any good advice for a GotWay virgin like me? Big or small, all very welcome.. I might be going for that mai"

Good info, thanks. Although I cannot remember saying this at least not recently. Sure I did though if you quote it like that, perhaps I was just drunk or got a brain fire of sort? :D

I did remove my pads after first few short rides, want to be able to attach them later should I want or need to do so and in mint condition then, I just put my own DIY black pads there and also over the edge itself that dig in to the calf, so thin it made no big difference but I will order better neoprene later and cut my own, unless EUC GUY have his for sale by then I suppose?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Electroman said:

Good info, thanks. Although I cannot remember saying this at least not recently. Sure I did though if you quote it like that, perhaps I was just drunk or got a brain fire of sort? :D

?? I actually meant to leave out the "I might be going for that mai" bit. Moral of the story is, never post when drunk. ????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

Have you charged it yet?  From this post it seems like the extremely low voltage alarm: 

I charged it up to 52% and its at 48% right now after some initial testing (only low speed indoor, to get the feel of it) 

13 minutes ago, stephen said:

have you tried a recalibration it might work

I only installed the wheellog app so far, I need the Gotway app for recal? 

Good idea tho, it sounds just like when EUCguy is comparing the V3 and MSX different tilt safety. Will try to find the GotWay app now.. damnit.

1 minute ago, Lutalo said:

?? I actually meant to leave out the "I might be going for that mai" bit. Moral of the story is, never post when drunk. ????

:lol:  Ok now I am with you, yeah true that's the bit I did not connect the dots on although I do forget too even sober so...?

Yeah this is true, I drink so rarely though that when I do drink I do it properly so no promises, anything can happen, my fiends a bit skeptic to drink with me. Not aggressive or anything, just mad and a bit dumb hehe. With my new toy no need to drink again until maybe Christmas, new year to forget the winter or snowy and ice and cannot ride my wheels?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stephen said:

if that doesn't work post a little video there are more experienced people in the forum 

So here it is;

I only have the wheel log app and when i press "calibrate" it just beeps twice just as when the app connects to the wheel. Its maybe not meant to calibrate while it thinks it is tilted..

Can anyone suggest another app? OR another way around this stupidity...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sWiFt said:

So here it is;

I only have the wheel log app and when i press "calibrate" it just beeps twice just as when the app connects to the wheel. Its maybe not meant to calibrate while it thinks it is tilted..

AI suggest asking Mart Backe or any of the other well read in guys on the forum, should know the beep codes a lot better than at least I do, that's for sure hehe

Edited by Electroman

8 minutes ago, Electroman said:

I suggest asking Mart Backe or any of the other well read in guys on the forum, should know the beep codes a lot better than at least I do, that's for sure hehe

Ping @Marty Backe Please have a look at the vid above. I would say it is giving me the tilt warning straight from startup. The wheel is 5 days old and has not even been out for its maiden voyage yet, just resting next to the wall where this is filmed. What happened?!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sWiFt said:

So here it is;

Goto my YouTube channel (see link in my signature below), view one of my latest videos and open the Description. You will find links to the apps that I use on all of my Gotway wheels.

Here is my video on calibrating Gotway wheels: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sWiFt said:

BROKEN!?!

I haven´t even gotten to take the wheel outside yet, was about to today but when i start it up it just goes BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP just like the tilt safety is triggered.. and it does not balance at all. 

It feels like a "gear" resistance when moving it around. Anyone has any idea what the hell is going on? Im really trying to start it up standing upright but tried a bunch of times without success.. it just beeps at me.

*panic*

Oh crap... If the tire has added resistance with a bit of a stepped feel to it (even when powered off), a mosfet has likely blown. You should atleast receive a new control board from the seller.

Sorry to hear about your mishap! It’s the first I’ve read with the MSX.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mrelwood said:

Oh crap... If the tire has added resistance with a bit of a stepped feel to it, a mosfet has likely blown. You should atleast receive a new control board from the seller.

Well thats not nice... 

I´ve tried to recalibrate it and does not work, rather it accepts it and I go thru the beeeeeeeeeep stage but its still broken afterwards.

*BIG SIGH* 

Ok, may be a blown mosfet then.  On mine with it off I can spin the tire and it will do about 2 full rotations.  With it on and on its side it does have resistance, you can't freely spin it.  But it doesn't do the 5 beep error at you either if you turn it on while it's on its side.  It's only when it was balancing then it goes to its side that it does the 5 beeps.

8 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Oh crap... If the tire has added resistance with a bit of a stepped feel to it (even when powered off), a mosfet has likely blown. You should atleast receive a new control board from the seller.

Ok so that's how it would feel then?

If a mosfet and a brand new wheel, wonder if could be just a solder issue, for ex Gotway infamous QC happen once again and they "forgot" to solder a leg on the board?

I am of course speculating wildly but perhaps worth a check if opening up anyway, should have new board either way imho if this is it, but while waiting for it why not have a look around?  Maybe they are no longer hand soldered though, I have not looked at mine just know how the ACM board looked and went online for check and up came terrible after terrible example. Some part of me hope that's improved a lot and I think it could potentially improved at least some, I will not look inside my MSX til I have to hahaha

Yup a few days ago I could roll it around with ease, will probably look inside, but not today. Also I dont think a blown mosfet is really that visible, and I have no multimeter anyway. 

Its already 9:15 pm, I have a really busy week, and also going for vacation 2 weeks this weekend. I sent a message to the seller but either way it goes I kinda feel f***ed here. Another 10 weeks wait probably, and then what - starting with replacing brand new stuff... 

1 minute ago, sWiFt said:

Yup a few days ago I could roll it around with ease, will probably look inside, but not today. Also I dont think a blown mosfet is really that visible, and I have no multimeter anyway. 

Its already 9:15 pm, I have a really busy week, and also going for vacation 2 weeks this weekend. I sent a message to the seller but either way it goes I kinda feel f***ed here. Another 10 weeks wait probably, and then what - starting with replacing brand new stuff... 

Yeah that sucks.  First report of a broken MSX I've seen so far.  I have ~850km on mine so far, no issues.

5 minutes ago, sWiFt said:

Sounds defintly like a blown mosfet!

Actually thats something that is reported from some sellers here...that the GW board dont make the first minutes!

When you look inside, and a mosfet is blown...you will recognize it.

2 minutes ago, US69 said:

Sounds defintly like a blown mosfet!

Actually thats something that is reported from some sellers here...that the GW board dont make the first minutes!

When you look inside, and a mosfet is blown...you will recognize it.

Buying the latest and greatest had me thinking there would be some quality for the price. It seems GW´s are kind of a lottery.

Anyways, thank you everybody for helping out with understanding the issue. I will now log off here for quite a while probably, and wait for a reply from the seller or even dispute and refund this POS (still got 10 days). Take care out there!

3 minutes ago, sWiFt said:

It seems GW´s are kind of a lottery.

not really lottery it's just one of them things  they  been problems with allot of different makes and models and this is the first report so far? just saying ??

• Like 1