THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

17 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Great way to pick up women (literally):P  

Not sure if everyone has Alex's charisma and skill level to pull it offMost of us would get slapped in the face or arrested for abduction! :cry2: 

17 minutes ago, steve454 said:

At 40 seconds he is riding a hoverboard go kart

Just fun to watch! Again please give@Jason McNeil the credit!!! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Not sure if everyone has Alex's charisma and skill level to pull it offMost of us would get slapped in the face or arrested for abduction! :cry2: 

At the end, even he has been asked to leave... ;)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MaxLinux said:

IPS 121 review

I share my thoughts about the IPS 121 electric unicycle as an owner of 2 of them. I include a brief ride and hill challenge.

Great tip about the tire direction. My MSuper and ACM doesn't have any arrow designations on the tire but the tread certainly has an orientation.

I love hill riding too and fortunately all my wheels can tackle them all.

I've considered the IPS, and like the wide tire version, but the battery size is a killer for me. Just about all my rides are 20+ miles so my wheels need at least ~600wh batteries. I just bought a Monster for the 2400wh battery (among other reasons too).

Good video, and thanks for the observations.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just bought a Monster for the 2400wh battery (among other reasons too).topanga-map.jpg

@Marty Backe when do you think you'll have your Monster? If you'd like to go on an extended ride, I found a great path that starts from Lake Balboa park and leads to Topanga State Park's mountain bike trails. 

2 minutes ago, swvision said:

@Marty Backe when do you think you'll have your Monster? If you'd like to go on an extended ride, I found a great path that starts from Lake Balboa park and leads to Topanga State Park's mountain bike trails. 

Realistically it's looking to be a couple more weeks. I'll hit you up when I get it and we can go for a ride. I'd like to check out Topanga Park. We'll have to be cautious because the California State Park goons don't like anything with electricity in their parks.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Hansolo said:

French meet up for the new year in Paris, 75 paticipants despite the rain and cold

This is insane. I love it!

I wish there could be meetups like this in the United States.  How are these organized? Is it via Facebook or some other group?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This is insane. I love it!

I wish there could be meetups like this in the United States.  How are these organized? Is it via Facebook or some other group?

It appears the French rule when it comes to organized EUC events! It would be nice to have a break out crowd like that in the US! Wonder if any riders were @Hirsute students?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Michael Vu said:

I posted this video in the Reviews section for my CES trip, but I thought I'll post it here too just in case people don't see this video there. Riding around fabulous Las Vegas.

I normally prefer ride videos without music, but this was GREAT!  Now I need to make a trip to Vegas with my wheel :)

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@noisycarlos, @swvision, and I had a great time riding the mountains above Los Angeles, and little bit of the Los Angeles river. Here are some highlights. Carlos is riding my MSuper V3 and Victor is riding his MSuper V3s+. I'm the one on the ACM B)

Suddenly everything is green, with fresh grass! I was shocked to see how very dry LA was in your other videos, that looked unpleasant. Which one is more representative?

Interesting to see people "upgrading" from Ninebot and Kingsong to the longer range models.

Also, homeless tents next to the bike path.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Suddenly everything is green, with fresh grass! I was shocked to see how very dry LA was in your other videos, that looked unpleasant. Which one is more representative?

Interesting to see people "upgrading" from Ninebot and Kingsong to the longer range models.

Also, homeless tents next to the bike path.

We've been getting lots of rain since November, so things are really greening up. But the terrain usually looks pretty dry in the spring, summer, and fall months.

Yes, there are lots and lots of homeless tents along all the 'cement' rivers in the Los Angeles area. Most of them are actually in the river (which is cement) except for the times when there's lots of rain. Seems to be getting out of control. A couple of weeks ago @noisycarlos and I were riding along another part of this river and passed by a tent that had a running generator outside. Talk about establishing roots...