THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

20 hours ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

BTW I killed my Freeman again after 1 month and I am walking again....unless I am skateboarding.

Reny....I hereby crown you 'The Terminator'! :laughbounce2:

IMG_0562.GIF

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Very cool the 360° thing. Is there any way to see the "full" video (with a warped view of everything)? My shitty connection here makes the regular view a blurred mess.

I like how you get people's reaction to the EUCs with the 360° video.

Thanks! Yes, I've attached a frame from the raw .mp4, 1920x960 unwarped. The camera (Nikon Keymission 360) can shoot up to 3840x1920 but can't enable vibration reduction at that resolution. It applies some in-camera stabilization at the lower resolution; I'm still testing which is better for overall quality, the extra pixels or the stabilization. Especially if one watches 360 with a headset, the extra pixels are really crucial... but then again so is a stable horizon. I've been impressed with the in-camera stabilization of the LG and Insta360 cameras. Still putting the Nikon through its paces. Facebook also applies a set of stabilization algorithms to videos posted on their platform. Their math is outstanding but an Oculus Rift is needed to view on a headset. With YouTube it's a $3 piece of cardboard. :)

DSCN0013.00_04_01_04.Still001.jpg

53 minutes ago, who_the said:

Southbay Electric Unicycle Group rolled a night ride through San Francisco, past the cable cars, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Ferry Building, Bay Bridge and more in 360-degree video. Enjoy!

Great video! Your group is well illuminated for safety! Did you notice any pedestrians dropping to the pavement from strobe light seizures? :)

2womKiY.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

A little excitement while riding my new Monster in the mountains

The owner of the dog should have had the dog on a leash.  I'm glad to see that dog didn't cause you to fall.  That would have been a serious injury, not including any dog bites.  It's a good thing the Monster is fast and that dog gave up.  Can't wait to see the full video of your ride today.

2 minutes ago, swvision said:

I hate these laxed dog owners that let their dogs roam around without any discipline.

You can see the women owner chasing it. She had it on the leash but obviously wasn't holding it very tightly - she didn't have a chance holding that dog back - it was a good sized dog - glad I kept my cool and kept riding :shock2:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You can see the women owner chasing it. She had it on the leash but obviously wasn't holding it very tightly - she didn't have a chance holding that dog back - it was a good sized dog - glad I kept my cool and kept riding :shock2:

There is no leash that I see dangling from the dog. Did it break off from the dogs collar?

@noisycarlos, @jrkline@swvision and myself had some downhill trail riding fun today in the hills above Beverly Hills. That's my shiny new Monster in case you were wondering :D

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@Marty Backe

did you get the inside fan to work, or better say, do you notice it?

I read somewhere that it kicks in at ~40c, so it was running most of the time.Yes it's noticeable (like there's a fan inside of your wheel), but it's not a distraction - certainly not when you're moving. But when you're not moving it overpowers the whining sound from the motor.

@swvision's MSuper V3s+ failed today while we were climbing (see earlier video with dog attack). He didn't injure himself or the wheel, but it stopped balancing. Power was on and we could connect to it via the app, but nothing else. He had a loooong walk down the mountain :(   Vic says that he heard some rattling inside the wheel so he thinks (hopes) that a cable came loose :o

• Upvote 2