THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

43 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for that vote of confidence - and the gargoyle is a great idea :D   Unfortunately, fabricating symmetrical 3D objects such as this is not an easy task in wood. 

@Marty Backe

Hey Marty, why don't you follow this kid's video and make a scooter with your Monster ;)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Clovis said:

@Marty Backe

Hey Marty, why don't you follow this kid's video and make a scooter with your Monster ;)

Cool. When I was a kid all I had was wooden blocks to have fun with. To have access to a cheap generic wheel in the 60's would have been mind blowing :w00t2:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Clovis said:

I used to live in Northern California (San Jose), but have moved to Arizona.  

@Clovis, what part of AZ did you move to? There are so few of us in Arizona. I have NEVER seen anyone else riding a wheel here. I have seen others in the "nearby riders" part of the Ninebot app, but never in person. I know that @Ombre is in Tucson. I live and ride in Scottsdale

43 minutes ago, dbfrese said:

@Clovis, what part of AZ did you move to? There are so few of us in Arizona. I have NEVER seen anyone else riding a wheel here. I have seen others in the "nearby riders" part of the Ninebot app, but never in person. I know that @Ombre is in Tucson. I live and ride in Scottsdale

@dbfrese, I moved to Chandler, AZ.  I used to ride my Ninebot One E+ but have recently upgraded to Kingsong KS18.  Like you, I have never seen a person riding.

2 hours ago, swvision said:

Anyone know Wally?  Number 4 Electric Uni-cyclist in the world?  And these hosts making fun of the EUC riders.  I'd like to have seen them get on one...

EDIT:  I just looked up Wally in the NineBot App.  He was stating #4 in the world on the NineBot App.  He's now #6 at just over 5000 miles.  But that's just on NineBot One's.

Edited by SuperSport
  • Upvote 1

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that kid's wooden scooter addition looked, almost, more natural, more right.than what we do ( stand bolt upright with our arms dangling by our sides) ?

is it that the handle bars give his hands something to do other than dangle? Is it that we have been programmed to the traditional look of a motorcycle rider?

if the EUC was invented 100 years ago and the motorcycle invited last year, would we think hanging onto a bar was weird?

BTW, I WANT ONE. Or something like it.  I suspect being seated and having handlebars in the UK might draw the attention of the police a little less.  Nothing says WTF like someone standing bolt upright and gliding along like Dracula. ?

Edited by Smoother
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Personally, I prefer being hands free. I drink hot and cold drinks, eat, film, etc...  it's very freeing to not need hands to ride. 

What, like this?

982ed65639.jpeg

?r

hey! Isn't that the kid who made the wooden EUC?

Edited by Smoother

On 2/6/2017 at 4:12 PM, Sawyer said:

Hi,

Together with my son I made this video last summer on a beach in Italy. It was fun dodging the waves! Unfortunately it was high tide, otherwise the drivable flat sand region would have been much wider.

What damage should we expect to the wheel  riding on the beach? Did you have to "clean" it afterwards?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

See my beach ride video where I ride it through the water. Rinsed it off later in the day when I got home. No worse for wear. I say use the wheels, don't pamper them :)

As much as I prefer to say "thank you for sharing the video" my gut says 'I hate you". :) WOW the beach looks awesome buddy! We have frozen water here! Enjoy! 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Upvote 3