THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

5 hours ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

Is this you riding in NYC? we have to meet up sometime!

15 minutes ago, logos122 said:

Yeah it's me and my buddy. Yea we def should!

Wow..you guys live in the same city and have never rode together?  Make it happen!! 

Edited by Rehab1

25 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great skills little buddy!:)

thanks, i do worry that he may run away with the circus some day!  well perhaps not 'run' he would probably euc away with them instead.  haha

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, WeeJ said:

thanks, i do worry that he may run away with the circus some day!  well perhaps not 'run' he would probably euc away with them instead.  haha

LOL! You should be proud of him! 

6 hours ago, trya said:

Is this what happens when people get cabin fever (a strange term that makes its way to California sometimes) back East?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Is this what happens when people get cabin fever (a strange term that makes its way to California sometimes) back East?

almost :) there are a few contributing factors: excitement from son's visit, who lives in Portland OR, and also near-freezing temperature, which calls for some action to warm up :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, trya said:

almost :) there are a few contributing factors: excitement from son's visit, who lives in Portland OR, and also near-freezing temperature, which calls for some action to warm up :)

Did your son spur your interest in EUCs or was it the other way around? A family that rides together is one happy family :)  Cool.

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Did your son spur your interest in EUCs or was it the other way around? A family that rides together is one happy family :)  Cool.

The other way around, but with a "twist": I stumbled upon a youtube video accidentally and immediately knew that this is "my thing", however, due to travel plans, I could only buy it for myself in 3-4 months, so... I made a birthday present to my son: the Airwheel X8 with delivery to Portland :) He learned it first - and then I borrowed his wheel for a few days to try it out. When I got back home - I bought another one, already in NJ. I learned it first, then put my wife on it, then my older son got bitten by the same bug (and we bought another wheel for him), then a few friends got this too :) The strange and funny thing is that my younger son (from Portland) is the least enthusiastic about it - he can ride and has his own wheel, but uses it infrequently, mostly to entertain friends and to ride with us for a company. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, trya said:

The other way around, but with a "twist": I stumbled upon a youtube video accidentally and immediately knew that this is "my thing", however, due to travel plans, I could only buy it for myself in 3-4 months, so... I made a birthday present to my son: the Airwheel X8 with delivery to Portland :) He learned it first - and then I borrowed his wheel for a few days to try it out. When I got back home - I bought another one, already in NJ. I learned it first, then put my wife on it, then my older son got bitten by the same bug (and we bought another wheel for him), then a few friends got this too :) The strange and funny thing is that my younger son (from Portland) is the least enthusiastic about it - he can ride and has his own wheel, but uses it infrequently, mostly to entertain friends and to ride with us for a company. 

That's a great story. Thanks for telling it. You may get the prize for growing the largest local EUC community.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

9 degrees outside so moved inside. A few workshop hazards.

Man, all you guys suffering from the lousy weather. Only a few more months ;-)   That anvil looks like a great place to fall off the wheel - good skull piercing action

• Upvote 2

today was a lot better, although still quite slippery - the cleaned parts of the road are mostly covered with ice. .... and the temperature 15F with the wind 20+ mph makes it quite a ride :)

Edited by trya
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hansolo said:

French meet up from Saint Quentin en Yvelines to Levallois Perret (near Paris)

Thanks for the video. Looks like great riding - if only I were a little closer I'd join you guys :-)

• Upvote 1

4.1.2017 EUC Extreme snow trails

My snow ride a few days ago: The streets were plowed, but most of the surfaces had some snow or ice. Pavement was visible only in small areas. I rode with great difficulty down one street, the wheel lost grip and fell. Got back on the wheel, rode down a street, around the corner, struggling the whole time, ran into probably 1 inch of snow, the wheel bogged down but at least it did not fall. I went back inside!

• Upvote 3