THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

4 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You can get free software that are very easy to "correct" colours and light settings. 

DaVincy Resolve is very easy to change colour settings. There are a lot of guides on this. But once you get the idea you can really make your video pop or create actual different feel it that's your aim.

You missed the joke? Editing out vehicles was a punn on the lack of them in my hood. One could also move camera angles to avoid seeing vehicles. I use Power Director and i like it pretty well. I played with a little filtering and color and transitions and cluts, but i really dont muck with it much. Im hoping to find a color preferance for my gopro max and just leave it at that. It kind of hurts my eyes when i see heavily filtered video for long. Blue seems to really whip my ass. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep working on it, as im VERY new to all of it.

Just now, ShanesPlanet said:

You missed the joke? Editing out vehicles was a punn on the lack of them in my hood. One could also move camera angles to avoid seeing vehicles. I use Power Director and i like it pretty well. I played with a little filtering and color and transitions and cluts, but i really dont muck with it much. Im hoping to find a color preferance for my gopro max and just leave it at that. It kind of hurts my eyes when i see heavily filtered video for long. Blue seems to really whip my ass. Thanks for the advice, I'll keep working on it, as im VERY new to all of it.

:facepalm: sorry my bad.

5 minutes ago, n2eus said:

This is the sixth episode of our 77 mile EUC ride through beach and inland cities.

You take some GREAT footage, but theres something about the coloring that makes it difficult for me to watch. probably just me, but something is really messing with my head in ALL of this series. Yours are the only ones that do this to me, probably a personal problem of my own.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

yumm, zepplin! Now thats a knobby tire! Some serious dedication you got there, thanks for the share!

Thanks.  I think my dog Loki has the best life.  I'm sure he will make it to heaven! Here is the wheel log of the ride (the Wheelog app has an error, its mph not km/h).  Top speed was 11.7 mph. 

Screenshot_20200323-163250_WheelLog.thumb.jpg.fc0a3e1815e1fa87c543a5540653f299.jpg

Screenshot_20200323-165012_WheelLog.thumb.jpg.c717efe5c7f6f46fd7a64ada33c8ad89.jpg

Screenshot_20200323-165022_WheelLog.jpg

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+ pic

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You take some GREAT footage, but theres something about the coloring that makes it difficult for me to watch. probably just me, but something is really messing with my head in ALL of this series. Yours are the only ones that do this to me, probably a personal problem of my own.

Some of us love extra saturation for some video content (and for some footage it doesn't work well at all).  But yeah someone has definitely pumped up the saturation levels here, lol.  The term is that the colors are bleeding off the screen ...

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 1

https://youtu.be/yRqfRXl_U_8

Just a video of a quick ride at lunch time with some nice curves.

p.s. Is anyone able to tell me why my videos turn out so chunky? 
I took this video on my iPhone at 1080p 30fps and it looks ok in the phone, but when I upload it to YouTube it turns crap... 

I read somewhere that YouTube don’t give new/low viewing channels good quality.. 

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Keaten

• Like 2

Watch him flail dance after 2:25 lol.  Bent rim 3:44.  That camera location at 7:32.  Don't miss the fly-by jump at 11:32.

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

Second picture is just great!!!! @Bob Eisenman

In D. Resolve, once you make a color adjustment in a certain way you can export the adjustment as a LUT (look up table) and then use LUT in one step (using a node adjustment) with other similar clips.😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

picture is just great

I think LUTs (many available) are fun but it's easy to go overboard without noticing what other changes you make. I like minimal adjusting when shooting and correcting with my new camera (Auto adjust and not much more). A forum I joined gave me a flatering award for a Narcissus! I'm learning that some pictures I take have little audience interest.🙁

by Bob Eisenman
https://www.viewbug.com/photo/88586447

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 2

Bob you can see in the second how there is better contrast.  It's easier for brains to view contrast.  High sat low contrast is described as muddy.  Well it all depends on the goal of course, content, background, etc.

Edited by xorbe