THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

19 hours ago, RoberAce said:

Ninebot Z10 - After pendulum, Z10 was broken

It’s possible that the windings in the motor overheated and caused a short. The short can also damage the driver board.

Can you test the motor if the windings are ok? You will need a milliohm meter or put a known voltage and current in one of the phases and measure the voltage drop. You have to do this to all three phases. 

7 hours ago, Rotciv said:

It’s possible that the windings in the motor overheated and caused a short. The short can also damage the driver board.

Can you test the motor if the windings are ok? You will need a milliohm meter or put a known voltage and current in one of the phases and measure the voltage drop. You have to do this to all three phases. 

Wow, so sad for you to loose a wheel like that (doing what didn't seem to much stress).  Please update us what happened to it (inside).  God bless your repairs!  As for me learning to pendulum, I will definately only do it on my old/cheaper wheel.  Thanks for sharing!

On 8/23/2019 at 11:57 AM, ir_fuel said:

What speed is he going?

I limit my kid's EUC to 12mph. I don't feel comfortable having an 8 year old plowing down the road at 20mph.

A star is born!  Like speech, skills learned at that age become amazing by the time of teens!

On 8/23/2019 at 9:02 AM, Mike Sacristan said:

My friend Kevin has a Vlog about his van life. We met up the other day for a cruise.
Here is his clip. Hope you enjoy!

8:57 For me e-skateboards are not as practical because their small wheels limit where they can go. EUCs have a huge wheel in comparison, allowing them to easily roll over rocks, cracks, broken concrete, grass, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

8:57 For me e-skateboards are not as practical because their small wheels limit where they can go. EUCs have a huge wheel in comparison, allowing them to easily roll over rocks, cracks, broken concrete, grass, etc.

Also, like I read somewhere else, the fact that it has multiple wheels means you bounce on the same obstacle several times.

4 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

Wow, so sad for you to loose a wheel like that (doing what didn't seem to much stress). 

Don't underestimate the stress put on a wheel doing agressive pendulums.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaxLinux said:

This is correct for PU wheels. His board lets you change the wheels to AT wheels. Others are AT only. Others are hybrid.
These hybrid type boards are becoming more common now.

6 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Also, like I read somewhere else, the fact that it has multiple wheels means you bounce on the same obstacle several times.

I have done a lot of riding with a friend of mine who rides a Lacroix. He has no problem riding on cobblestone, bumps, etc where I had to slow down.

I think this comparison makes more sense if we compare boards in the same price class or same level as our EUC.
If we do the comparison backwards then we can say that EUC don't have much range and have weak motors (as we are now comparing a Kaly NYC with a Ninebot C).

Compare the low end boards with the low end wheels. The high end boards with the high ends wheel. Then it starts turning into a matter of preference and specific use.
As this is an electric unicycle forum I am sure that not all of us are familiar with Lacroix, Kaly, Evolve, Ownboard, Meepo, WowGo, etc. Just as people are still asking me everyday... WHAT IS THAT?

1 minute ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Compare the low end boards with the low end wheels. The high end boards with the high ends wheel. Then it starts turning into a matter of preference and specific use.
As this is an electric unicycle forum I am sure that not all of us are familiar with Lacroix, Kaly, Evolve, Ownboard, Meepo, WowGo, etc. Just as people are still asking me everyday... WHAT IS THAT?

Take an "all terrain" skateboard on mountainbike trails and see how long before they need to dismount. It's just not possible to do the same tracks as with an EUC. Even with AT wheels, compare the ground clearance of your pedals with how far the axles of the skateboard are from the ground. Get some diagonal tree roots and you hit them. Also an EUC can turn a lot shorter so you can avoid big rocks and stones. With the AT skate you can't as easily get around them.

Those things are great on wider tracks, but once it gets narrow and very bumpy they are out.

BTW you should try a Onewheel. Crazy how that absorbs obstacles. It's a lot more comfortable than an euc on semi-bad terrain because of the fat tire with huge sidewalls. I was pretty surprised I must say (and now I am hooked ...).

9 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Take an "all terrain" skateboard on mountainbike trails and see how long before they need to dismount. It's just not possible to do the same tracks as with an EUC. Even with AT wheels, compare the ground clearance of your pedals with how far the axles of the skateboard are from the ground. Get some diagonal tree roots and you hit them. Also an EUC can turn a lot shorter so you can avoid big rocks and stones. With the AT skate you can't as easily get around them.

Those things are great on wider tracks, but once it gets narrow and very bumpy they are out.

BTW you should try a Onewheel. Crazy how that absorbs obstacles. It's a lot more comfortable than an euc on semi-bad terrain because of the fat tire with huge sidewalls. I was pretty surprised I must say (and now I am hooked ...).

This is true. Especially for extremely crappy paths with roots and rocks.

I had 1500km on my Onewheel+ XR before I sold it. Bought in September last year. Amazing PEV. I bought it for my wife. It never really clicked for her so it just became an extra PEV to me. And I prefer the freedom of range from the EUC. Sold it and one of my cheap electric longboards and bought a 16X instead. A trade in my favour and especially in favour of my range anxiety. I could have kept them all but I really prefer to have as less stuff as possible.

Check this out.

• Like 1

It's all for different purposes indeed. If I want to go far and fast, I take the EUC without a doubt. For me the Onewheel is a bit like the Mten3. You're not going to take it as a real transportation device, it's more for goofing around. Not to do an 8 hour trip :D 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, n2eus said:

Third episode in a series of four episodes.  Fifteen Southern California electric unicycle riders toured through Newport Beach and Huntington Beach, California.  This fun group ride was organized by @Freewheeler.

Nice :thumbup:

• Like 1

@n2eus Oh man, talk about putting a smile on my face seeing the little guy riding along with you :D

@Jean (nhut)Dude, I have watched so many videos on YouTube of guys on skateboards, BMX's, doing parkour, that I thought I was difficult to impress these days. But man I'm impressed....I think what you are doing is amazing, and as I'm still learning, would have thought in my head was impossible! :) 

Edited by Retrovertigo
  • Like 2

For something a little different, we had a presence at a downtown street event where they closed the main drag of our city to vehicles and gave it to pedestrians, cyclists, scooters, and anything else except car, motorcycles etc..You can see our booth (white canopy, a red wagon, cones and such at various points, and they got a nice wheel closeup of me slaloming through some cones as a bit of b-roll (37 secs in). At about the 27 second point where they say people 'scooted' they are actually showing one of our members giving a test ride to a kid.  We gave out nearly 100 demo rides today, and turned many people away because the line up was too long or we ran out of time at the end of the day. We used KS14D wheels for the demo rides.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1764216

Edited by winterwheel
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

@n2eus Oh man, talk about putting a smile on my face seeing the little guy riding along with you :D

@Jean (nhut)Dude, I have watched so many videos on YouTube of guys on skateboards, BMX's, doing parkour, that I thought I was difficult to impress these days. But man I'm impressed....I think what you are doing is amazing, and as I'm still learning, would have thought in my head was impossible! :) 

Thank you so much. And it gives me even more desire to progress but it is not so complicated, you just have to try and defied persevered, there is no secret. Good luck and the motivation is with you ;) 

Edited by Jean (nhut)
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

Official Kingsong 16X Review

At the beginning you said it'll get 90-miles which I immediately thought was BS. I'll glad at the end you clarified that it's really more like a 40-mile wheel. I only wish this wasn't a paid video because then you could have been a bit more honest and actually mention other real wheels by name. That's the big downside to sponsored videos - they feel a bit too much like advertisements.

But I love the video and the abuse that you put the wheel through :thumbup: You're an insane rider :cheers:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Had a fun afternoon with @Rama Douglas exploring some new to us trails at one of my favorite riding spots.

I like Marty's gold ACM2! I think the EUC companies could get easy extra money by offering more colors! Offer plain black or white the cheapest, and charge more for other colors. Or offer interchangeable panels like the 16X was speculated to have. It's definitely cool though, when people do their own customizing!

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Like 1