THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

14 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

:efee612b4b:

We did it to cheer you up! I thought that maybe some 16X TV would help you feel better.

Looking forward to finally meeting you. One day won't be enough you and me are going to be talking non stop!

He's actually not that hard to understand, even though he is a dane. ;) 

He invaded Gothenburg with his charm, rather than on a man o'war, thereby bypassing the forts of Älvsborg, Kronan and Lejonet... :D 

Edited by Scatcat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Got bit by a dog today....

Unlucky. I'm wary of dog walkers when I'm riding after several close calls. I'd rather idle along at walking pace for a city block behind a walker than buzz past them without them knowing I'm there and having control of their dog. Tough to avoid the head-on encounters though. Pit breeds and dachshund-types have been the worst in my experience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scatcat said:

He's actually not that hard to understand, even though he is a dane. ;) 

He invaded Gothenburg with his charm, rather than on a man o'war, thereby bypassing the forts of Älvsborg, Kronan and Lejonet... :D 

You say there is another Dane in Gothenburg riding EUCs? Why have I not met him yet @Scatcat

On 8/19/2019 at 5:00 PM, Rama Douglas said:

After GoPro's Quik app gets done with it, I edit anything else in an app called Power Director on my phone. It edits 4k on my phone. Pretty badass lil app. I pay $5/month for it to not have their logo in the edits...

Apart from allowing you to add your own logo, what does that $5/month provide you that GoPro Quik doesn't?

On 8/19/2019 at 9:46 AM, pico said:

Mten3 !

You look like you're having blast :thumbup: Isn't the Mten3 effortless for this kind of playful fun? And nice, you extended the side pads. I can see that being very useful when it comes to any one legged riding.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, pico said:

Yes, I am having a blast!

You have a sharp eye and perspicacity!

This is a great wheel, yes, BUT Gotway lost the occasion to make a SUPERB wheel!

Coming from a V5F, I know Gotway designers/testers are not Tricksters. The original pedals are wrong(except for for Brandon;)). I changed the pedals, took out the bottom side pads, extended the side pads.

Now I can single foot ride with more ease (without being a contortionist), stand on TOP of the wheel, and do a lot of other advanced maneuvers more easily.

I call this one R2D2!

R2D2b.jpg

Nice mod! I really like the custom contour of the pads. I take it you used a grinder.  

@Marty Backe want to join in the fun (or anyone else)? Pico and I are going to have a little fun competition on who can perform the most reverse turns on the Mten3 before our loosing balance or throwing up.:efef895ddd:

Pico are your ready yet?:popcorn:

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Nice mod! I really like the custom contour of the pads. I take it you used a grinder.  

@Marty Backe want to join in the fun (or anyone else)? Pico and I are going to have a little fun competition on who can perform the most reverse turns on the Mten3 before our loosing balance or throwing up.:efef895ddd:

Yep! Ready ! You start first!

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

A bit more complicated...

This would have been unnecessary and the wheel would have been lighter if Gotway had not extended  the pedal holder that far away and used right away bigger pedals.

The advantage would have been also the Nirvana for Curb Hoppers.

This would have also avoided the so-called "Gyro" effect a la Z10 which I think is quite strong on the Mten3 when you want to turn at high speed.

The reverse of the so called pedal dip effect of the V5F, which is IMHO is a more a Wheel geometry problem and has only a little to do with actual gyroscopic forces.

(-but hey, what do I know? I have not ridden the Z10... I am opening here a Big can of worms:roflmao:)  

pads-b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pico said:

Yep! Ready ! You start first!

Ok. Should we limit to how many 360 reverses can be completed in 1 minute? 

Edited by Rehab1

38 minutes ago, pico said:

A bit more complicated...

This would have been unnecessary and the wheel would have been lighter if Gotway had not extended  the pedal holder that far away and used right away bigger pedals.

The advantage would have been also the Nirvana for Curb Hoppers.

This would have also avoided the so-called "Gyro" effect a la Z10 which I think is quite strong on the Mten3 when you want to turn at high speed.

The reverse of the so called pedal dip effect of the V5F, which is IMHO is a more a Wheel geometry problem and has only a little to do with actual gyroscopic forces.

(-but hey, what do I know? I have not ridden the Z10... I am opening here a Big can of worms:roflmao:)  

pads-b.jpg

So you basically experimented using stacks of wood spacers until you found the exact comfort zone and then covered the foundation with neoprene foam? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

That sounds fun. And by "reverse turns" you specifically mean 360's?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

So you basically experimented using stacks of wood spacers until you found the exact comfort zone and then covered the foundation with neoprene foam? 

Yes, exactly. And my GF still curses me because I made the mods before she had the chance to try the wheel without them. We are built quite differently leg wise...

She still loves the wheel!

The Neoprene foam is the original pad.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That sounds fun. And by "reverse turns" you specifically mean 360's?

Yep continuous, one direction reverse 360s without stopping for 1 minute. Most completed rotations wins $1000 Monopoly money.

I practiced earlier and looked like a drunken sailor after I stopped. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Apart from allowing you to add your own logo, what does that $5/month provide you that GoPro Quik doesn't?

More editing features. I'm pretty new to all of this editing, so I'm not yet fully aware of what either app is fully capable of, though it seems that Quik is SUPER limited if you want to choose your edits. I had the Powerdirecter app before I acquired the GoPro. Try it out if you like. It's a free app, unless you want to pay to not have their logo on it...

Edited by Rama Douglas