THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

16 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

@Tobbe84 and I went for a cruise yesterday.
I hit 59.5 kmh on his Nikola. And passed 50 kmh quite a few times.
We discuss the differences and the feel of the wheels.
No music in this clip, just the sounds of wind and electric motors.

It looks like you had the GoPro upside down when you lost GPS. It's obvious why you would want the camera upside down in that situation, but you're more likely to lose GPS in that orientation, as the GPS antenna is on the top of the camera to give it an unobstructed view of the sky in most situations.

When upside down, the components in the camera partly shield the GPS antenna, meaning that in weak reception situations, your chance of losing satellite lock increases.

Edited by Jon Stern
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Great minds think alike. I too had an 8” Celestron Cassegrain permanently mounted onto a concrete pillar housed inside a shed with a flat roof that rolled back. 

Back to The Video Thread———>:)

Wow. Envious. We in the know, understand the benefits you had from the concrete pillar mount.

When I'm retired I may reactive this hobby.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, n2eus said:

Fifteen Southern California electric unicycle riders toured through Newport Beach and Huntington Beach, California. This fun group ride was organized by @Freewheeler.

0:06 I like this young guy! I hope we start to see more young wheelers!

Edited by MaxLinux
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Still have my equipment, 

I worked with 'Christine' at two locations in Boston from about 1998-2006. She told me her husband, an instructor at a technical school, has a nice telescope with all the bells and whistles (gps probably).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisbriggslinkedinprofile&ved=2ahUKEwjKgcrIoY3kAhVBuVkKHcGBCboQjjgwAHoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw18aYK-xM1t3hy3tEPrv9pv

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

It looks like you had the GoPro upside down when you lost GPS. It's obvious why you would want the camera upside down in that situation, but you're more likely to lose GPS in that orientation, as the GPS antenna is on the top of the camera to give it an unobstructed view of the sky in most situations.

When upside down, the components in the camera partly shield the GPS antenna, meaning that in weak reception situations, your chance of losing satellite lock increases.

Thanks for the advice and info! I'll keep that in mind! :thumbup:

14 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Sorry, but that's no good. :) 

What you want, @Mike Sacristan,  is one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TireTek-Flexi-Pro-Pressure-Gauge-Motorbike/dp/B015FMBAA6

Just overinflate the tire by quite a bit  (0.5bar at least, maybe even 1bar) with your pump. Remove it and measure with this one, and while you keep it on the valve, just push the button on the side to deflate air until you see the right pressure on the dial. Super easy to get the exact pressure and no need to mess around with couplings that can deflate your tire more when removing, or removing the gauge 10 times to deflate a bit with some other tool and putting it back to measure how much is left.

Thank you both @ir_fuel and @stephen!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

@Tobbe84 and I went for a cruise yesterday.
I hit 59.5 kmh on his Nikola. And passed 50 kmh quite a few times.
We discuss the differences and the feel of the wheels.
No music in this clip, just the sounds of wind and electric motors.

Good stuff! Your videos crack me up!  Whenever possible I like to watch them with my morning coffee. Keep them coming. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Graniteone said:

Good stuff! Your videos crack me up!  Whenever possible I like to watch them with my morning coffee. Keep them coming. 

Wow thanks man I really appreciate that!  :cheers:

Just posted this in the mega 16X thread from hell.

Today I met up with @Azze80 for some skill practice.
We practiced slow carving, twisting, backwards riding, some high speed riding and braking.
His 16X was at 180km. We changed the tilt back to 50kmh and the alarm to 48kmh.
My riding weight was 66kg. I took it up to 43kmh quickly and it tilted me back two degrees for less than a second.
I took it up slowly to 45 and it did fine.
I took it up to 47 quickly and it oscillated 3 times quickly. As soon as I felt the oscillation I backed off the speed.
I took it up to 50 slowly and it did fine and I could hold 50 for a few seconds before I ran out of track.

I also did some riding on asphalt and as my calves/legs/ankles don't touch the side pads when riding I felt that all potholes, bumps, cracks, etc were amplified.
Sometimes I try to get my legs off the MSX pads and move my feet out but that is no easy task. On the 16X it's the opposite and becomes the default stance.
Gripping the wheel slightly made it much easier to handle imperfections. I see this is a skill issue though and it can also be worked around by using 2cm pads per side.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, stephen said:

Didn’t you order a KS16X? I have been waiting you to make some sweet videos like you always do. 

17 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Wow thanks man I really appreciate that!  :cheers:

Just posted this in the mega 16X thread from hell.

Today I met up with @Azze80 for some skill practice.
We practiced slow carving, twisting, backwards riding, some high speed riding and braking.
His 16X was at 180km. We changed the tilt back to 50kmh and the alarm to 48kmh.
My riding weight was 66kg. I took it up to 43kmh quickly and it tilted me back two degrees for less than a second.
I took it up slowly to 45 and it did fine.
I took it up to 47 quickly and it oscillated 3 times quickly. As soon as I felt the oscillation I backed off the speed.
I took it up to 50 slowly and it did fine and I could hold 50 for a few seconds before I ran out of track.

I also did some riding on asphalt and as my calves/legs/ankles don't touch the side pads when riding I felt that all potholes, bumps, cracks, etc were amplified.
Sometimes I try to get my legs off the MSX pads and move my feet out but that is no easy task. On the 16X it's the opposite and becomes the default stance.
Gripping the wheel slightly made it much easier to handle imperfections. I see this is a skill issue though and it can also be worked around by using 2cm pads per side.

You bloody bastards... <_<

You prefercturly well I am depressed due to my one wheel KS18L is out og commission right now. And my KS16X is stuck in custom handling and probably not due at my place until late next week. 😭

Bahh all fun and games. As it is right now I will have 2 amazing wheels with me when I visit you in Stockholm.

Estimated time mid September. And I promise something that will be jaw dropping, in looks and feel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

You bloody bastards... <_<

You prefercturly well I am depressed due to my one wheel KS18L is out og commission right now. And my KS16X is stuck in custom handling and probably not due at my place until late next week. 😭

Bahh all fun and games. As it is right now I will have 2 amazing wheels with me when I visit you in Stockholm.

Estimated time mid September. And I promise something that will be jaw dropping, in looks and feel. 

:efee612b4b:

We did it to cheer you up! I thought that maybe some 16X TV would help you feel better.

Looking forward to finally meeting you. One day won't be enough you and me are going to be talking non stop!

@pico Have you ever counted how many Mten3 reverse spins you’ve accomplish before getting so dizzy you loose your balance?  If your game we can have a little competition. :)