THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:59 AM, Flyboy10 said:

Well, it's been a year... Just want to say thanks for everyone's support here on the forum. All of you make this hobby fun and possible for anyone who invests a little time and eventually a lot of $$$ ;). Specifically want to thank @Marty Backe @Duf and @colton (Chooch?) for your hours of footage and reviews. Thanks. 

P. S. Sorry for my boring monotone voice. That's what the footage is for! 

Stats at the time of posting:

556 reputation points, 404 posts, owned 3 wheels and have traveled 3500 miles on an EUC.

Another fledgling leaving the nest...

Having been around for a bit longer than that, I can say it is always great to see someone who joins the ranks and then excels to become an EUC ambassador (and just loves riding too)!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I died of a heart attack during the first 3 seconds. Then I came back to life just to continue having a heart attack. Damn man. Pure fear. Maybe it's the angle.
Died again at 1:34. Nice dance moves at 2:30 also. :roflmao:

Perhaps you should overlay the audio track below onto your video.

• Like 1

So....when I made my sort of darkly lit and uninspiring GoPro Fusion night video through Marblehead

https://youtu.be/LOkEtrTXytA

I passed through (a few days before) a previously cordoned off area (@ 01:42-01:52 in my movie) where a live NIGHT photo shoot for a Netflix movie had resulted in police redirecting me away from the scene of an upcoming movie (Hubie Halloween) by Adam Sandler.

https://www.boston.com/culture/entertainment/2019/07/21/photos-hubie-halloween-adam-sandler-north-shore

"It’s only July, but Halloween has already arrived on the North Shore thanks to Adam Sandler and Netflix.The longtime New Hampshire resident began filming Netflix’s “Hubie Halloween” on the North Shore earlier this month, bringing plenty of festive decorations to Danvers, Marblehead, and Salem."

I'd been redirected away from the movie production in all three locations on various occasions this summer. The Revere photo shoot was along the beach and heavy traffic had been directed away from the road along the beach.

All locations used huge overhead light panels hung from portable construction cranes. I'd noticed the positioning of the light cranes along the Marblehead street several days before but was surprised at 10 pm one night to find the whole center of Old Marblehead cordoned off for a night photo shoot Adam Sandler movie 'Hubie Halloween'

Screenshot_20190823-094320-01

Edited by Bob Eisenman

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I died of a heart attack during the first 3 seconds. Then I came back to life just to continue having a heart attack. Damn man. Pure fear. Maybe it's the angle.
Died again at 1:34. Nice dance moves at 2:30 also. :roflmao:

Perhaps you should overlay the audio track below onto your video.

So funny :lol:. I've only seen one guy ( @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer") loose his wheel (at that 2:30 spot) over the side. So mostly it's a safe trail ;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So funny :lol:. I've only seen one guy ( @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer") loose his wheel (at that 2:30 spot) over the side. So mostly it's a safe trail ;)

Haha really? So on top of everything you've even seen someone loose their wheel there. :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:41 AM, Marty Backe said:

You look like you're having blast :thumbup: Isn't the Mten3 effortless for this kind of playful fun? And nice, you extended the side pads. I can see that being very useful when it comes to any one legged riding.

Every time I try one legged riding on the Mten3 I get horrible scraping noises from the shell.

17 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Every time I try one legged riding on the Mten3 I get horrible scraping noises from the shell.

Interesting. I've never noticed any off-center sounds from my Mten3

29 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Both sides or just one? Either way, I'm only about 130-140 and I sometimes noticed this on my V5F but not the V8 or Monster. I assume it's easier to flex the smaller wheels body then the bigger. Not sure really. Does the tire look centered?

On 8/21/2019 at 2:11 AM, maltocs said:

Here's some very Brandon-centric video from the group ride we did at CicLAvia Los Angeles Hollywood and Griffith Park.

What speed is he going?

I limit my kid's EUC to 12mph. I don't feel comfortable having an 8 year old plowing down the road at 20mph.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

The Mten3 has a bias for one side. When I stand both legs on one pedal(Sideways!) The left side does not react the same way as the right side.

I am at 175lbs. It could be the bell of the brushless motor touching the inner portion   ----[l----

5 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

Ninebot Z10 - After After pendulum, Z10 was broken

:o  I did pendulums on the Z10 for about 10-minutes, to force the wheel to overheat (which it did). There's no way that should have destroyed the control board.

The Z10 is a real mixed-bag. You love it and hate it at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

:o  I did pendulums on the Z10 for about 10-minutes, to force the wheel to overheat (which it did). There's no way that should have destroyed the control board.

The Z10 is a real mixed-bag. You love it and hate it at the same time.

The last two pendulums I made were very sharp very short

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

The last two pendulums I made were very sharp very short

@RoberAce Added to that, you have given that Z10 hell for over 11,000kms including running the overspeed firmware hack!!!  Still gutted to see that the control board has finally given up on you though.  Will you get a New control board from China for it?

Edited by fbhb

6 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@RoberAce Added to that, you have given that Z10 hell for over 11,000kms including running the overspeed firmware hack!!!  Still gutted to see that the control board has finally given up on you though.  Will you get a New control board from China for it?

Probably yes, although it may be only one mosfet or several burned and can be replaced in the original controller

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoberAce said:

Probably yes, although it may be only one mosfet or several burned and can be replaced in the original controller

Right now I just bought from China, the “MOS aluminum substrate” and motherboard controller at very good price 130$ both

• Like 3