THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

6 hours ago, Yunicycle said:

With his weight and almost no drag from his tiny body, I would venture to guess 55-65 miles, easy!!

not to mention hill climbing ability. He was able to get up a steep hill using the MTen3 that I had to dismount because of the amperage alarm!

3 hours ago, Kuji Rolls said:

I got challenged by Meline Moultipass (French youtuber) who started the #PENDWHEEL challenge. Ive challenged Kevin of @Alien Rides, Manman of Beijing, and @Jason McNeil (eWheels). Lets bring all our communities together with this challenge. 

Idling on a wall.....I need to practice more :facepalm:

Awesome display of skills Kuji :cheers:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Flying W said:

Idling on a wall.....I need to practice more :facepalm:

Awesome display of skills Kuji :cheers:

i would argue that idling on a wall should not be the reason you need to practice more. 

1 hour ago, Kuji Rolls said:

i would argue that idling on a wall should not be the reason you need to practice more. 

Haha, good point. 

Do you have any plans to do a 16x-nicola comparison like you did with the MSX and the XL? That was (still is) the best comparison on YouTube!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Today's riding lesson:
Transporting home groceries after shopping.

Looks like she's a convert. Is she really enjoying the EUC experience (it's no longer an experiment)?

BTW, is Monica also non-native to Sweden? I only ask because her English is so good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like she's a convert. Is she really enjoying the EUC experience (it's no longer an experiment)?

BTW, is Monica also non-native to Sweden? I only ask because her English is so good.

Yes she is definitely enjoying it and it's no longer an experiment. She prefers it to the Onewheel and feels that it's easier/safer.
Today we did some riding on roads, amongst bike traffic and more densely populated areas to see if she could handle the stress. It went fine. She didn't have to bail at any time but just stopped if she was unsure. She said that she would really like to be able to ride properly and feel 100% in control and safe so that we can go on long cruises together and explore.

She is Polish but spent most of her life in Sweden. Most swedes are quite good at english. She also teaches in other countries and english will usually be the default language. And last but not least she's married to me.

The next test will be to see if she can carry my MSX down the two flights of stairs. And up. If she can do that then I won't be restricted in my next choice of wheel.
She tried the MSX and amazingly had zero complaints about pedal angle, side pads and so on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yes she is definitely enjoying it and it's no longer an experiment. She prefers it to the Onewheel and feels that it's easier/safer.
Today we did some riding on roads, amongst bike traffic and more densely populated areas to see if she could handle the stress. It went fine. She didn't have to bail at any time but just stopped if she was unsure. She said that she would really like to be able to ride properly and feel 100% in control and safe so that we can go on long cruises together and explore.

She is Polish but spent most of her life in Sweden. Most swedes are quite good at english. She also teaches in other countries and english will usually be the default language. And last but not least she's married to me.

The next test will be to see if she can carry my MSX down the two flights of stairs. And up. If she can do that then I won't be restricted in my next choice of wheel.
She tried the MSX and amazingly had zero complaints about pedal angle, side pads and so on.

Well, she's really a rank beginner at this point, so I'm sure you've told her that she'll be a pro in a few months. It just gets better and better.

It's just that I don't even detect a Swedish accent (or Polish for that matter). I'm not sure yet if being married to you is a plus ;) That singing ....

Will be interesting to see which wheel you get :popcorn:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Well, she's really a rank beginner at this point, so I'm sure you've told her that she'll be a pro in a few months. It just gets better and better.

It's just that I don't even detect a Swedish accent (or Polish for that matter). I'm not sure yet if being married to you is a plus ;) That singing ....

Will be interesting to see which wheel you get :popcorn:

Hahaha. I am definitely not the artistically talented one in the relationship. :lol:

Yes she will definitely be a pro as long as she continues to ride. Today I had a really hard time on the Onewheel. The first 5 miles were hell so I could really sympathise with her and her dislike of it. It wanted to go everywhere it shouldn't. Sloping street, check. Bumpy asphalt, check. Small curb, check. The last 5 miles were great though.

We had a discussion regarding traffic flow and bicycles and bike lanes. Even though the legal speed limit for electric vehicles is 20 km/h I would never ride that slow on a bike path unless there were special circumstances. It would just make everybody else's lives hell and disrupt traffic flow, force people to ride around me and so on. And still we allow people on bicycles to do 40 and people on mopeds to do 30 on those same paths. I'm not the one riding a 100kg death machine (moped) on a bike path amongst children while spewing out gas fumes. :facepalm:

So long story long:
Kingsong 18XL (although I will meet up with my friend to check out the noise)
Nikola
KS16X

Provided she can lift them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Hahaha. I am definitely not the artistically talented one in the relationship. :lol:

Yes she will definitely be a pro as long as she continues to ride. Today I had a really hard time on the Onewheel. The first 5 miles were hell so I could really sympathise with her and her dislike of it. It wanted to go everywhere it shouldn't. Sloping street, check. Bumpy asphalt, check. Small curb, check. The last 5 miles were great though.

We had a discussion regarding traffic flow and bicycles and bike lanes. Even though the legal speed limit for electric vehicles is 20 km/h I would never ride that slow on a bike path unless there were special circumstances. It would just make everybody else's lives hell and disrupt traffic flow, force people to ride around me and so on. And still we allow people on bicycles to do 40 and people on mopeds to do 30 on those same paths. I'm not the one riding a 100kg death machine (moped) on a bike path amongst children while spewing out gas fumes. :facepalm:

So long story long:
Nikola
KS16X

I can't yet address the 16X, but I really favor the Nikola over the XL. I think the difference mostly comes down to the much better Nikola tire.

Relative to your MSX, the XL will cause your ears to bleed :)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

So long story long:
Nikola
KS16X

Well I know you like as much range as possible but if weight is a big issue might want to consider KS18L or KS16X with smaller battery. In the end it is all about compromise and balance.

IMHO, KS noise is pure bs to moan about. Especially if you are riding in city traffic. Yes I know some moad about this a lot. (But again IMHO it is like people claiming to be allergic to electricity and yes want Wi-Fi to work on their printer. Sorry how do you think a computer, printer and Internet works without electricity).

Wheel sound is there, it isn't noticed if you ride 20kmh as you have rubber/tyre sound/singing and the wind in your ears too. And of course you can always start singing yourself too :whistling:

Should you choose to accept the mission your are welcome in Göteborg for a test ride. 😁Unfortunately my KS16X seems to be late delivery, mid August or ultimo August. 😣 Just missing my holiday it seems. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, pico said:

GF's training session.

Slowly but surely getting there...

Nicely done. 

Since my KS16X will not arrive until after my holiday, I have not a target to learn ambidextrous step up (must fix this) and start reverse practice (secondary target). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well I know you like as much range as possible but if weight is a big issue might want to consider KS18L or KS16X with smaller battery. In the end it is all about compromise and balance.

IMHO, KS noise is pure bs to moan about. Especially if you are riding in city traffic. Yes I know some moad about this a lot. (But again IMHO it is like people claiming to be allergic to electricity and yes want Wi-Fi to work on their printer. Sorry how do you think a computer, printer and Internet works without electricity).

Wheel sound is there, it isn't noticed if you ride 20kmh as you have rubber/tyre sound/singing and the wind in your ears too. And of course you can always start singing yourself too :whistling:

Should you choose to accept the mission your are welcome in Göteborg for a test ride. 😁Unfortunately my KS16X seems to be late delivery, mid August or ultimo August. 😣 Just missing my holiday it seems. 

Thanks. I was also looking at the 18L but was a bit wary regarding the throttling at 50%. Does it still do that or did they change it in a firmware update?
Still... I would find it hard to get an 18L and feeling the pain of one of us having lower range. She will simply have to lift more weights!
The noise might have it's merits. That way I can hear her on it.. or she can hear me. Today when we were riding she was way too close to me a couple of times. Ninja riders. :ph34r:

Yes I will definitely consider coming to Göteborg! I haven't been there for 19 years now!

Heard about the KS16X delay but i'm sure you will survive. :) And also hopefully get a perfect wheel as they seem to really be doing their best.

21 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Thanks. I was also looking at the 18L but was a bit wary regarding the throttling at 50%. Does it still do that or did they change it in a firmware update?

To be honest I would probably never find out. I set top speed to 42kmh and at 40kmh the last warning. But I fing I rarely go over 35kmh after my shoulder incident. So I have to get down to 20% or so to really feel the throttling. My longest total ride yet is about 40km and then I had 59% battery left. It is only if I push it very hard lower than 50% battery I can force a tiltback and it happened only once at fw 1.12 on an uphill slope. The fw 1.13 made the wheel to react more easy. You don't have to push so hard anymore. Imo it act like a bat out of he'll if you want it to. Scary at first but very useful to push out of traffic in roundabout crossings.

I love the sensation a lot. 😎😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pico said:

GF's training session.

Slowly but surely getting there...

Very nice pico GF! :thumbup: Great work on the figure eights! How about a little contest on who can perform the tightest figure eight. :popcorn: @Hirsute does not qualify. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

You’ve probably seen the pics, here is the video of the Gotway MSX 100v PLUS. This is a Mod by EUCService.com

Wow, you went to Poland just to check this out? Awesome, thank you!:thumbup:

Looks like Gotway made an irregularly shaped 24s4p pack. The main part seems to be 48 cells plus 12 (same 60 cells as in the 84V pack, which fills out the designed battery space exactly, just like this), and the extra bit has the other 36 (12+24) cells, all connected to one BMS in the main part. Pretty clever solution, and fits the space exactly. No extra cramped conditions on the board side, everything standard there.  Correction The board side pack is also bigger than normal (I confused it with the 84V one) so I guess it's two 24s3p packs and the extra unit has 24 cells, 12 on one BMS and 12 on the BMS of the opposite side (board side) pack, and each pack in the designed space has the other 12 cells extra. Makes more sense and explains the cable going through the trolley handle, presumably to the other side of the wheel.

Btw higher voltages aren't more efficient, I believe that only applies to power lines e.g. where you have resistance losses with lower voltage. Not a problem in wheels.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1