New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This is what was on my hood driving to work today.   :rolleyes:  We in the snow zone are somewhat limited in our choices.  :crying: I was thinking - do people in California even know what a snow scraper for their car is?  We had freezing rain yesterday, and I had to scrape my car this morning to free it from snow/sleet/ice to be able to see.  I was too lazy to clear my hood.  :whistling:  I should have made a little snowman on the front there to see if he would make it all the way...

k550gj.jpg

You are a hardcore EUC lover.  Why the heck do you live there!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I'm telling ya Marty, as your agent, you're missing a golden opportunity here and should be negotiating for a complimentary sample wheel in exchange for your video review efforts.  Think about all the collateral sales you will be inspiring while the wheel corporations benefit from your hard work.  I know, I know, ethics smethics blah blah non-affiliation morality blah blah tainted biased  reviews blah blah.   :furious:  Why take the moral high ground when you can bathe in the ooze of preferential and free benefits!!!  :w00t2:

Well maybe you can compromise and offer dealers and wheel makers a "free" video review service in exchange for a month's usage of a wheel that you return at the end.  That way you can keep taking the moral high ground while sampling wheels for freeeee.  For free, Marty!  FahREEEEE!!!!  :w00t2: Think of it as a "lease to review" system.  Other people get paid and get a sample wheel to review it.  Does this Authentech Guy buy all the items he reviews?  BTW I wonder if anyone would laugh at  @TremF riding this bad boy...

:laughbounce2:  I really need to hire you as my PR guy :)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This is what was on my hood driving to work today.   :rolleyes:  We in the snow zone are somewhat limited in our choices.  :crying: I was thinking - do people in California even know what a snow scraper for their car is?  We had freezing rain yesterday, and I had to scrape my car this morning to free it from snow/sleet/ice to be able to see.  I was too lazy to clear my hood.  :whistling:  I should have made a little snowman on the front there to see if he would make it all the way...

k550gj.jpg

That is depressing. I'm going for a ride in the mountains tomorrow and the forecast is for mid-80's. I really do forget sometimes that people actually have winter.

But having snow like that on April 13th - real bummer :crying:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Hey, I'm only getting to ride it for a few days. There are a bunch of people who will own one in a few weeks. Then I can be envious.

Congratulations! Be sure to drop and bounce the V10F around just like in their commercial. It’s a loaner! Nothing ever gets returned in prestine condition.  :laughbounce2:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Congratulations! Be sure to drop and bounce the V10F around just like in their commercial. It’s a loaner! Nothing ever gets returned in prestine condition.  :laughbounce2:

I'm wondering if they would mind if I rode it in the ocean surf. What do you think :confused1:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm wondering if they would mind if I rode it in the ocean surf. What do you think :confused1:

A great selling point! Just Do It!!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If you end up falling in love with the wheel and want to force them to sell you that one, you know what to do. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thefork said:

Wow, that looks absolutely dreadful! In Stockholm we will have around 57 degrees and sun tomorrow.

Maybe I'll take my wheel for a spin! :efee6b18f3:

Our eternal winter feels so much shorter when others rub it in.  :rolleyes:  Thanks for that.  We got 5-10 more centimetres of snow coming for Monday.  At least it'll be about 9°C this weekend!  :w00t2:

6 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

You are a hardcore EUC lover.  Why the heck do you live there!

Why the heck wouldn't I live here?  It's Canada!  :efefae4566:  We got free healthcare, a pretty good standard of living, decent education, fairly low crime rate, all the snow you could ever want to shovel and maple syrup.  :efeeec645d:  Soon we will have legalized marijuana. :eff02be2d7: :rolleyes:  Yeah maybe it's time to move.  Southern California looks pretty good right about now.  :efefe00999:

Whoops, sorry about derailing the V10 thread!  Mods please feel free to move...

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Our eternal winter feels so much shorter when others rub it in.  :rolleyes:  Thanks for that.  We got 5-10 more centimetres of snow coming for Monday.  At least it'll be about 9°C this weekend!  :w00t2:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be obnoxious (ok, maybe just a little... :P).

In all actuality this was the first week with ok weather for many, many months in my area; I would definitely prefer your winters with a lot of snow over the constant hovering around freezing we get over here. I'm glad it's starting to turn around in Canada as well, let's hope the snow melts quickly now!

Ok, let's get back on track... ?

@Michal That sounds fantastic, can't wait to try it out!

Edited by thefork
  • Like 1

@thefork come down south and a bit west aka Gothenburg. We have dealt with the snow now. Clear roads and it is about 15 degrees Celsius outside now.B):D

I have been looking out for the new Inmotion App but haven't been able to find a expected release date yet ^_^

@Michal do you have so info on that and how long beta period is expected to be. I guess new firmware to V8 is coming too due to new app features or am I wrong on that point?

3 hours ago, thefork said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be obnoxious (ok, maybe just a little... :P).

In all actuality this was the first week with ok weather for many, many months in my area; I would definitely prefer your winters with a lot of snow over the constant hovering around freezing we get over here. I'm glad it's starting to turn around in Canada as well, let's hope the snow melts quickly now!

Ok, let's get back on track... ?

@Michal That sounds fantastic, can't wait to try it out!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@thefork come down south and a bit west aka Gothenburg. We have dealt with the snow now. Clear roads and it is about 15 degrees Celsius outside now.B):D

I have been looking out for the new Inmotion App but haven't been able to find a expected release date yet ^_^

@Michal do you have so info on that and how long beta period is expected to be. I guess new firmware to V8 is coming too due to new app features or am I wrong on that point?

I believe all of the metrics reported in the new app are already transmitted by the wheel via Bluetooth (hence WheelLog can capture them). I doubt a firmware update is needed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Why the heck wouldn't I live here?  It's Canada!  :efefae4566:  We got free healthcare, a pretty good standard of living, decent education, fairly low crime rate, all the snow you could ever want to shovel and maple syrup.  :efeeec645d:  Soon we will have legalized marijuana. :eff02be2d7: :rolleyes:  Yeah maybe it's time to move.  Southern California looks pretty good right about now.  :efefe00999:

Whoops, sorry about derailing the V10 thread!  Mods please feel free to move...

Nothing is free!  My wife's cousin works for CAT and has a two year post there.  Unfortunately, the doctor found some tumor but first needed a MRI and the MRI center told her she had to wait 3 months.  If she actually waited 3 months she would have been dead.  Thank goodness she could  fly to the states where MRI and surgery was immediate.  But yes health care here is dang expensive.

Edited by CaptainKBLS
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, CaptainKBLS said:

Nothing is free!  My wife's cousin works for CAT and has a two year post there.  Unfortunately, the doctor found some tumor but first needed a MRI and the MRI center told her she had to wait 3 months.  If she actually waited 3 months she would have been dead.  Thank goodness she could  fly to the states where MRI and surgery was immediate.  But yes health care here is dang expensive.

3-months? :o  When I needed an MRI I got it the next day.

Your story is what scares me about nationalized health care.

• Like 1

I said free healthcare, not fast.  :innocent1:  I think there are some private clinics that people can pay for an MRI to get one earlier.  It's just we only have about six MRI machines  per million people up here.  They cost about three million for the machine itself plus the room costs several hundreds of thousands.  Our population of 39 million is about same as California to put things in perspective.

If they sold cheap Chinese MRI's on AliExpress I think we'd have one on every street corner :w00t2:, but then we'd likely have a bunch of other problems.  :whistling:. You would think though that more private companies would invest in MRI centres as they would corner the market.  I don't know the politics behind it all.

And how about that new V10 wheel hey?  So shiney!  I wish Gotway and King Song would put a little more money into app development or contract it out to someone good and competent at least.  It's time for an app revamp!

• Like 2