18l presale specs

outcast00096

15 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

That KS18L looks sleek and streamlined. I am loving those dual USB ports as well. Hopefully that mudguard will not be standard because it kind of reminds me of Mr. Snuffleupagus. 

If That mud guard is made of plastic it will break in a week from being bent and rested on when the wheel is parked / placed under seat in subway ev.  Otherwise one will have to baby the wheel so as to never touch it. 

• Like 1

It looks like the headlamp reflector might be shaped to provides some kind of beam cutoff. I think I see a pattern on it. That would be good news. I get some angry shouts from others about my 800 lumen bike light on my V8 but I do see every dip and hole for probably 50 yards ahead.

• Like 1

Speedyfeet added the 18L to the site. The price of 1500 GBP seems quite good - for comparison:

18L: 1500
Tesla: 1500 (same price)
V10: 1300
V10F: 1700
ACM2 1300Wh: 1400

No idea what the msuper V3 cost, it's no longer listed. would have been a good comparison. But I believe the 1300Wh was 1700. So definitely cheaper than the smallest 84V ms3.

Should translate to ~$1400 (rough guess).

Maybe KS will fight a bit on price with this one?

• Like 2

On 1/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, US69 said:

KS has just announced specs on fb, they talk about 200km before the 50kmh gets unlocked! (40kmh from the start)

I wish the manufacturers and / or distributors kept a database of customers who bought a wheel in the past ( at the very least the same brand wheel) and this data could be submitted to manufacturer, so that these people can receive wheels that are already unlocked to full speed, as such riders already have the experience.  Distributors should push this procedure with the brands ( looking at you @Jason McNeil- if you there is one guy who can do it, it’s you! )

another unrelated idea is a reward program ( discounts) the manufacturer could launch to reward return customers which they could pass on thru their distributors ( again looking at you @Jason McNeil :) ). Distributors could potentially also amplify that by auditing their own reward points / discounts for loyalty return customers( this could maybe be co -sponsored by the brands) This would benefit everyone - create more business for the brands, distributors and provide relief for loyal customers. 

Edited by Cloud
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Cloud said:

another unrelated idea is a reward program ( discounts) the manufacturer could launch to reward return customers which they could pass on thru their distributors ( again looking at you @Jason McNeil :) ). Distributors could potentially also amplify that by auditing their own reward points / discounts for loyalty return customers( this could maybe be co -sponsored by the brands) This would benefit everyone - create more business for the brands, distributors and provide relief for loyal customers. 

How about: 'buy 5 ewheels and the 6th is 60% off'... (Could save a few people on this forum a bundle.) ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cloud said:

I wish the manufacturers and / or distributors kept a database of customers who bought a wheel in the past ( at the very least the same brand wheel) and this data could be submitted to manufacturer, so that these people can receive wheels that are already unlocked to full speed, as such riders already have the experience.  Distributors should push this procedure with the brands ( looking at you @Jason McNeil- if you there is one guy who can do it, it’s you! )

While i like the idea...i think on a 200km setting with 40,kmh from the Start and just a 10kmh to 50kmh, its not that worse...thats about 4 battery cycles.

before, the 1000km mark for the 18s was a bad joke, for sure. fortunatly there is firmware update ability...so that got changed to 200km in the last update, also!

On the MCM5 there is also a lock of 25kmh , unlocking to 40,kmh after 200km...thats  a bit of a wide gap in my opinion....

Edited by US69
  • Like 2

On 19.4.2018 at 6:00 PM, houseofjob said:

Interesting, seems like the KS18L will be adopting the reversible Lenovo style charging standard for their first 84V wheel, the same standard we saw on the InMotion V5, and 2 ports to boot, love it!

And might as well go dual USB ports as well! Dunno if that hack mudguard is gonna be standard, guess it's at least functional *smh

qPG2cYY.jpgLkbXgch.jpgVquAzK1.jpg

AFAIK the mudguard is flexible and can be added/clipped on ...no need to have it alltime on the wheel....so no breaking.

i know DEFINITLY it is included with the wheel, KS at least makes that progress and give it with the wheel....

Edited by US69
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, US69 said:

While i like the idea...i think on a 200km setting with 40,kmh from the Start and just a 10kmh to 50kmh, its not that worse...thats about 4 battery cycles.

Or, using a chronological scale... A weekend + 1 "sick day" off work, and everything is go!

On 20/04/2018 at 4:31 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Speedyfeet added the 18L to the site. The price of 1500 GBP seems quite good - for comparison:

18L: 1500
Tesla: 1500 (same price)
V10: 1300
V10F: 1700
ACM2 1300Wh: 1400

No idea what the msuper V3 cost, it's no longer listed. would have been a good comparison. But I believe the 1300Wh was 1700. So definitely cheaper than the smallest 84V ms3.

Should translate to ~$1400 (rough guess).

Maybe KS will fight a bit on price with this one?

Well f me sideways, that’s a surprise :o

I was sure Speedyfeet wasn’t going to sell the 18L, after the email last week. And the price is appealing, too. A lot more reasonable than the V10F. I might get one.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There are better V10(F) prices in other Euro countries than Speedfeet, though. An unusual situation, as Ians GW prices tend to be the best.

Yeah that is unusual. And I questioned him about the V10F price, but he wasn't budging. The handle and rubber pedals have put a damper on my feelings about the V10F, anyway. 

Do we know the 18L's pedal height?

On 4/20/2018 at 4:56 PM, US69 said:

AFAIK the mudguard is flexible and can be added/clipped on ...no need to have it alltime on the wheel....so no breaking.

i know DEFINITLY it is included with the wheel, KS at least makes that progress and give it with the wheel....

Mudguard looks awful.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

On paper it’s the same width , 2.5. But yeas the photos do make it looks a bit thin .

Dude! No-one rides on paper... I appreciate you need the drugs "post-surgery," but it might be time to ease back a bit.   :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

KS18L Ramp Test

Looks steep! Though it'd be nice if the ramp was twice the length. Barely on the thing before having to come back down. What's the angle? 

Edited by Kael

2 minutes ago, Kael said:

Looks steep! What's the angle?

Not totally sure, but they've had this ramp in several vids of the King Song factory. 

Eyeballing, it looks like the horizontal distance traveled is about twice the vertical rise, so I'm guessing that test assembly is about or under the calculated 26.6 degree slope or 50% grade.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 11:05 AM, Kael said:

Looks steep! Though it'd be nice if the ramp was twice the length. Barely on the thing before having to come back down. What's the angle? 

Doesn't really matter, ramps are used to make impressive climbing ability stats. 

Rumor I just read on the French forum:

I could not confirm the source (moquetto-wheel radio Nantes) but it seems that during the live demo of the KS18L, engineers have taken a handsome facepalm. 
This test has shown a weakness of the wheel in terms of design, there is a risk of a little delay in the time they correct the problem. 

again, it shows the seriousness of KS (the faceplams, they are reserved for them ^^)

News on the subject @Kingsong Europe ?

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/4473-gotway-mcm-5/&prev=search