18l presale specs

outcast00096

8 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Given Jason's report of his Z10 experience and pricing I think the expected market for the 18L just tanked. 

You may be right. Given the choice I'm pretty sure I'll spend my $1500 on the Z10 vs the 18L.  Of course this could all fall apart once real riders get their hands on the Z10 and it doesn't live up to expectations.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Given Jason's report of his Z10 experience and pricing I think the expected market for the 18L just tanked. 

Remains to be seen.

I know NYC riders who are still leaning KS18L regardless.

Many here are drawn to the Ninebot spinning LED light form factor (E+, V8, KS14D/S, KS16, Zero).

FWIW, to most, the KS18L will be the first wheel available from King Song for those who want the combination of KS safety engineering rep + the performance stats of a Gotway + design (subjective).

Not to mention the ambidirectional nature of the KS18L still makes it more usable for tricks, even being an 18”.

I’m personally leaning on getting both, unless this upcoming InMotion V10/V8+ makes one or the other redundant for me.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As other people have pointed out, the KS18l next to the KS16s looks enormous. Since a small increase in volume results in a large increase in weight in the animal kingdom, I guess the KS18l is like double the weight of the KS16s.

Anyone have the (true) specs on the weight of the 18l?

@Circuitmage I wouldn't believe everything you've read, many of those voices are not the greatest of skill riders and/or have no real regular riding experience on a wider tire (either don't own or are just weekend warriors, not much riding mileage)

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

I found Jason's review of the Z. Interesting. 

So, one big stopper for me is the fact that I can squeeze in my KS16S between the seats on a train. I know I wont be able to easily do that with these newer units. If I get a newer unit, it will be for weekend riding only. That would have me leaning back toward the KS18L , as I don't want to suffer from too much muscle memory change on different units (??).

Has anyone compiled dimension comparisons yet for the new units ?

Ok, here's the length :) 

KS18L.jpg.2f86f17992140c80914f13a9c26a9700.jpg

Edited by Circuitmage
fixed measurement
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Yup, so doing the calculations for this, since the 16S fits perfectly (with front and back pads on) in my train seat, the 18L will be 11.72" diagonal across my seat. Guess that's not too bad, as I can put one leg in front and one leg in back of it, and still sit down.

Will need to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking more closely at the wheel, it doesn’t have the little make-shift rubber rain fender that was slapped onto the prototype wheel that I’ve seen in pictures and videos, so I suspect this may be a production model somewhere in Asia, most probably China.........just my guess with some “hopeful bias” interjected :)

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Now we're talking. The 18X will be my wheel (unless it's back to the tall shell). Just in time for Christmas :D

Don't think it's of the tall variety, as they're saying it's a "version" of the KS18L

51 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

The dude in that photo must literally be 5 feet tall and 100lbs.  

Yes, your typical tester of the wheels that we buy :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Baidu talk is mentioning development is now underway on a long-range KS18X with 2030Wh capacity.

Now we're talking!:dribble: Some seriously nice wheels coming up, and there's still the Gotway 20 incher to be unveiled.

Wondering what battery config 2030Wh would be...

3 hours ago, nute said:

2030wh...jeez that will be a seriously heavy wheel. Hope there are no weak bridges on @Marty Backe 's favourite wheel routes ....:D

I'm sure it'll still be a lot lighter than my 2400wh Monster :)

13 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Don't think it's of the tall variety, as they're saying it's a "version" of the KS18L

I agree, I don’t believe KS will be continuing to develop the “tall” design. I know some people like it, but it appears KS are realizing they’ve been missing out on the market for 18” lovers who also appreciate a wheel as compact as possible, and with more aesthetically pleasing shape. To me 18l has perfect proportions ( height / width) , almost an architectural “ golden mean” of proportions, and looks quite stylish. I had been telling KS for a year to get rid of the “ tall” design or make it modular so customers can choose / install the heavy too in case they want to ride seated. I’m glad someone there finally sobered up)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

I had been telling KS for a year to get rid of the “ tall” design or make it modular so customers can choose / install the heavy too in case they want to ride seated.

Well..... I didn’t say all that ha!

I selfishly want them to keep doing the tall design but upgrade it (handle motor disengage, integrated trolley, compartment for shopping(!)), with a possible redesign to possibly convert haters like you! :D

Riding seated on a low EUC is miserable.

• Like 2