18l presale specs

outcast00096

6 hours ago, Fabio Cannavaro said:

Are you sure?

I know how to go backwards, I developed the skill on a KS18a which is considered a difficult wheel. 18L will be easy, I go backwards more than I go forwards, it is a nice feeling.

Send me this KS18L and I will show you ?

19 hours ago, nte said:

I have also been wondering about the 16S vs 18S length.

The widest part of the 18L shell is about the same width as the outer diameter of the 18" tire.

The 16S shell sits lower and covers the widest part of of the 16" tire.

16S - Original image source: eWheels

Hide contents

ks16s2.thumb.png.45d59afd8a84feed7fd4002729e0af4e.png

18L - Original image source: ecodrift

Hide contents

18l.thumb.png.0293634eb4283be2482b30a7b634852e.png

Ok, that did not make sense to me until I looked at the pictures. It does look like they slimmed down on the relative shell length compared to the wheel, from the 16S. I may actually be able to get this on the train after all. Interesting. It will definitely be a tight fit if I'm sitting down.

How I wish it could fit a 3” tire, atleast with a relatively simple mod like the 2.5” in a 16S.

I crashed today when the wet coarse gravel next to a construction site sank my 16” x 2.5” wheel. I’ve ridden the spot numerous times when dry, but the small wet pebbles behaved like a puddle of golf balls. This is why I’ve been wanting an even wider tire, I might not have crashed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

I swear I see more videos of people trolleying this wheel around than I do of them riding it. The early wheel owners should be making long videos!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kael said:

I swear I see more videos of people trolleying this wheel around than I do of them riding it.

This exact video was made by request from telegram chat, ppl wondered if ks18l can go up the stairs by itself.

p.s. this is a preproduction unit, light is narrow and blinds people in front, handle isn't locking anymore, lift sensor isn't working and the wheel sounds like a bucket with bolts on bumps after multiple disassemblies, so they don't do long videos with this one.

Edited by EZhel
  • Like 2

@Jason McNeilhow does the speed restriction work on the ks 18s and new 18L?

i’m over the 200km mark on my 18s and it seems i have to be logged in to change the speed settings. what happens if i sold the wheel to somebody else, do they have to rack up 200km before speed restriction is lifted?

if experience is what kingsong is looking for, why would it require me to rack up 200km on a 18L when by my registration kingsong knows i’ve already racked up 201km of riding experience with another one of their 18” wheels, if it does?

Edited by novazeus

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

@Jason McNeilhow does the speed restriction work on the ks 18s and new 18L?

i’m over the 200km mark on my 18s and it seems i have to be logged in to change the speed settings. what happens if i sold the wheel to somebody else, do they have to rack up 200km before speed restriction is lifted?

if experience is what kingsong is looking for, why would it require me to rack up 200km on a 18L when by my registration kingsong knows i’ve already racked up 201km of riding experience with another one of their 18” wheels, if it does?

This has been a loooong standing complaint about KingSong wheels. You can have 10 KS wheels but you'll still have to log miles on your 11th wheel.

I've actually seen people here somehow try and justify this ongoing nonsense. Madness I tell you.

• Like 2

this new app you do NOT Need to type in a code!!! version 1.47 

You just have to register yourself under Settings ->ME-> More....and type in your gender, Age etc....

As soon as you did this Completly...the Speed is unlocked!

Edited by stephen

1 minute ago, stephen said:

this new app you do NOT Need to type in a code!!!

You just have to register yourself under Settings ->ME-> More....and type in your gender, Age etc....

As soon as you did this Completly...the Speed is unlocked!

so ur able to set the speed on ur 18s or 18L at 50kph without logging 201km?

6 minutes ago, novazeus said:

so ur able to set the speed on ur 18s or 18L at 50kph without logging 201km?

I've got a kingsong ks16s but the apps the same and it's still a kingsong.. just try it

Edited by stephen

9 minutes ago, stephen said:

I've got a kingsong ks16s but the apps the same and it's still a kingsong.. just try it

the 16s is different. i own one of those too. it doesn't have the 200km speed restriction. i think it might be a different app too.

What is the version of the KingSong App (on Android) to be compatible with the new KS18L ?

We find it directly on the Google Play Store?

Unless things changed, you have to use the website to download the app(s)... you also need to allow the app through the settings... the old version is necessary to initially unlock the speed, then you can download the new version. All this is if things have not changed with this new wheel...

I saved the original instructions @Jason McNeil sent me when I bought my first wheel... If you send me a PM with your email address I can forward it to you

• Like 1