18l presale specs

outcast00096

Quelle Disappoint.

I can't buy an 18L knowing a possibly superior version is coming soon™. I'll have to see what the larger battery version offers before laying down the cash for an 18L.

I'm definitely a "largest battery you can afford" convert. I'll save and put it off a little longer for that extra battery. 

Even if I get a new KS18 model, I'll always keep my 18s because I really do love that seat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Well..... I didn’t say all that ha!

I selfishly want them to keep doing the tall design but upgrade it (handle motor disengage, integrated trolley, compartment for shopping(!)), with a possible redesign to possibly convert haters like you! :D

Riding seated on a low EUC is miserable.

I know I know) you are one of the unique ones who likes the tall top on it) I want to be tall when seated also, but hate the unnecessary bulkiness in general and when standing up

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I know I know) you are one of the unique ones who likes the tall top on it) I want to be tall when seated also, but hate the unnecessary bulkiness in general and when standing up

I'm not sure that there's as much wasted space in the 18s shell as people assume.  I guess there is on the sides, but the design choice to put the batteries where they are (vertically) seems to be an underrated aspect of the KS18's appeal once you actually ride it.  

• Upvote 1

I don't see why they can't design a low shell but incorporate a handle/seat/trolley that telescopes up out of the shell and locks into place.   That way you have the best of both worlds without all the extra bulk of plastic. 

One other idea is to join the pedal supports up and over wheel to make it a strong support bracket onto which the chassis and seat/trolley assembly can be mounted/bolted to. 

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Yup, looks like the early pre-production KS18L's are rolling out, as they've maintained they are on target for an April launch.

Alex, the owner of EcoDrift visited KS last week, the sample he tried was still the 67v board. I really hope KS call pull off the 18L on time, this time, especially in context that the V10F's release & first shipments taking place in just two days.

KS also have to do something about the state of affairs with their App; three months after pushing out the half-baked release, there's still no workable/stable version for IOS. We're still advising Customers to use the 2 year old version which can at least unlock the Wheel in a predictable way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jason McNeil said:

KS also have to do something about the state of affairs with their App; three months after pushing out the half-baked release, there's still no workable/stable version for IOS. We're still advising Customers to use the 2 year old version which can at least unlock the Wheel in a predictable way.

Couldn’t agree more . The iOS app is pure rubbish . Can’t get it to unlock my new wheel. No matter how many times I’ve tried ...it just won’t . I contacted @Flora Yuan yesterday and she told me they are still working to remedy the iOS issues . So in the meantime I bought a cheap android phone in ordered to be able to download the older version of the app. It’s frustrating to say the least . Great wheels . Shit app. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Alex, the owner of EcoDrift visited KS last week, the sample he tried was still the 67v board. I really hope KS call pull off the 18L on time, this time, especially in context that the V10F's release & first shipments taking place in just two days.

It’s Chris.  LOL

38 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I don't see why they can't design a low shell but incorporate a handle/seat/trolley that telescopes up out of the shell and locks into place.   That way you have the best of both worlds without all the extra bulk of plastic. 

One other idea is to join the pedal supports up and over wheel to make it a strong support bracket onto which the chassis and seat/trolley assembly can be mounted/bolted to. 

I don’t think it is possible to make a stable enough telescoping seat that can support 200+lbs

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Yes exactly. Actually both designs were implemented in unicycles about 3 years ago. They didn’t take off then, but perhaps they were ahead of their time. Doesn’t mean this can’t work in the future designs

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Where there's a will there's a way. This telescoping ladder supports 330 pounds?   Bicycle seats have quick release clamps. 

https://m.sears.com/search=20 aluminum telescoping ladder

I stand corrected...  I own a brompton too... LOL

• Like 1

I'm no engineer, but I do know the Chinese are quite smart.  I bet they can come up with something.  Just give it some time I think.  I just like to think outside of the box, and I don't mind trying to redesign the box in the process!  :lol:

Or how about this - just make a mounting point on the wheel so one can attach a small extendable seat like the monopod seat but smaller?   People can then bring their seat or not.  That might make things even simpler.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Cloud said:

I was thinking the same thing...

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love  I think I finally figured out why I wasn’t helping that tortoise...

:blink:  Hold the Voigt-Kampff machine for just one moment!  Just had an idea... how about this...

SELF-BALANCING TELESCOPIC SEAT AND POGO STICK!  :w00t2:

It can't be knocked over... :blink:  Gyros... need to install some gyros and flywheels!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Hold the Voigt-Kampff machine for just one moment!  Just had an idea... how about this...

SELF-BALANCING TELESCOPIC SEAT AND POGO STICK!  :w00t2:

It can't be knocked over... :blink:  Gyros... need to install some gyros and flywheels!

Hah! I wonder how big the flywheels would have to be to say, keep you sitting upright on a one-legged chair. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kael said:

Hah! I wonder how big the flywheels would have to be to say, keep you sitting upright on a one-legged chair. 

Let's just assume that it won't be "pocket sized" any more...

• 2 weeks later...