18l presale specs

outcast00096

1 hour ago, nrvfromcnr said:

I received mine the 18th, and I find it quite soft: whatever I do, I can’t get an instant power bigger than 1.6kW ... Which is a soft behavior.

Compared to previous KS, this one has to wait until 200 km to allow the 50 km/h max speed. Do you know if the power available is also unlocked once this 200 km line crossed? Does that look like previous KS limitations?

I experienced this behavior with both 1.03 and 1.06 KS18L Firmwares.

Thanks for your feedbacks!

All these negative reports about the ks18l are starting to make me feel like I should have gotten the msuper x instead. Range, power and trolly issues lead me to believe the ks18l isn't living up to expectations 

2 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Lol! Looks like it doesnt quite fit anyway! Do you want two thin stripes of water up your back or one large one?

Put the trolley handle on the V10!. It weighs nothing and is fantastic to dismount while picking up the handle at stops or stores. Handle Tip- cut a strip of velcroe using the hook side that will fit on the front end of the handle while it is down. When you lift up the handle the velcroe fills the gap underneath and lessens the wobbles that fragile people are harping about. The handle is way better than any other fitted or added handle on the market imho.

yeah my V10F came with the trolley handle on it and i thought i would take it off because i just carry the wheels out here, but i just left it on for demostration purposes.

i should have a mtg this coming week with the architect of this giant medical office campus they are looking at my ranch property for and the prez of the economic council of my county. after the mtg. i’m gonna introduce them to the future of transportation for live, work, play developments. i’m gonna bring one of my little shiny cute s1’s and the big mercedes benz of euc’s the V10F.

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EZhel said:

Aside from beta-testing the new lift sensor (as it was predicted by about everyone), KS18L is the top class EUC and excellent in sum of all qualities, ppl are riding it and enjoying it very much. It is the workhorse and the standard for all future EUCs.

Without having seen any of the new wheels in real life, this is my conclusion as well. Besides build quality Kingsong seams to have the best quality control for there hardware as well. The app is the weak part, but this is something all EUC companies have in common with Ninebot being the exception I think.

• Like 1

i never use my trolley handle on my 16s and i doubt if i’ll ever use the one on the 18L. i’ve had too many suitcases, coolers etc with those hidden retractable trolley handles screw up on me and under 50 pounds i’m good to carry (although my 18s is 50 but is bulky as hell to carry). would be nice if the lift to deactivate works. really like that with the V10F because i turn it on and use it like a floodlight at night and the 18L looks like the light is pretty good. be nice to have two wheels safe to use at night.

@Marty Backe is right. it is an exciting time for euc’s. i’ve only been paying attention since last august and seeing these improvements in safety and performance in such a short time is really great. i hope we as a forum can go years before another wheel caused accident.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, EZhel said:

Aside from beta-testing the new lift sensor (as it was predicted by about everyone), KS18L is the top class EUC and excellent in sum of all qualities, ppl are riding it and enjoying it very much. It is the workhorse and the standard for all future EUCs.

I had a chance to ride one this past weekend and it's a great wheel although I wouldn't call it the standard that future wheels refer too lol. That's a bit dramatic, but it is indeed good and only made me want one more. It might not be living up to everyone's expectations but after a near 2hr ride it definitely lived up to mine. 

Edited by Adumb
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Adumb said:

I had a chance to ride one this past weekend and it's a great wheel although I wouldn't call it the standard that future wheels refer too lol. That's a bit dramatic, but it is indeed good and only made me want one more. It might not be living up to everyone's expectations but after a near 2hr ride it definitely lived up to mine. 

That's good news! I saw in another thread that you were planning on getting the MSuper X instead. So riding the KS18L changed your mind?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, joku said:

That's good news! I saw in another thread that you were planning on getting the MSuper X instead. So riding the KS18L changed your mind?

21 minutes ago, joku said:

Yes it did, was a bit worried I wouldn't like how it felt due to the design but after riding it I know I'm going to get it. Still want an MCM5 though, once I can convince my wife that I need 3 wheels but as for the MSuperX, I can't justify buying it over the 18L. 

Edited by Adumb
Siri!!
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The official specs from Kingsong say the 18L shell is 180mm wide...

The 16S uses packs with cells stacked in layers which causes a bulge in its shell (and it's listed at 196mm).

39796833042_1ee3f202e0_b.jpg18L / 16S

Looking at the picture above, I have a hard time believing the KS16S shell is fatter than the 18L.  ?

Edited by RayRay
How bulky are those pads?
  • Like 1

Ok, so after getting mine yesterday, having to update the KS app to update the FW, recharge battery, set tire pressure, I finally got to ride it today.

After 6km, my speed is still locked at 20kph, and i cannot log into app, get a verification code to reset my pad, or change speed. Riding so slow feels like a safety issue. 

Edit: used another email address to register and set speed. Should be good now. App could be better. Not good I cant use my own email address anymore.

Edited by Circuitmage

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I could not create an valid account in my KingSong app...

registration code it's not sent so I could not continue to register via email or SMS

registration of new account via SMS it's a totally failure ....because no single SMS has been sent to my phone and I know exactly that is my international phone number.

can I use DarkessBot to unlock after I rode 200km on my XL wheel ?

or do I need use ONLY KingSong crappy app to unlock ?

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, Meserias said:

registration code it's not sent so I could not continue to register via email or SMS

registration of new account via SMS it's a totally failure ....because no single SMS has been sent to my phone and I know exactly that is my international phone number.

Paging @US69... @US69 please assit the customer waiting in Bucharest... :)

On 6/9/2019 at 10:46 AM, Meserias said:

Belongs to the firmware you have on your wheel....

If its the newest v1.12....Sorry, you have to use the KS app...as Darknessbot speed settings then wont work anymore.

I dont know why the registration process doesnt work....do you have a gmail account? Some E mail services because of Chinese government dont work...gmail should....

Please try registering process ...... in general it really should work! 

If you still have no success...please contact support@szkingsong.com.  

I'm confirming that on afternoon of 11 jun I was able to create an valid account with my KingSong app...using email verification.

This time everything went well.

the version it's 3.1.1