18l presale specs

outcast00096

On 1/15/2018 at 5:17 PM, Adel said:

There should be both 1036wh and 1600wh versions of the KS18L and then let the marketplace decide.

Ideally yes, they've gone with a mold configuration that doesn't have the capacity for 160cells. Maybe there will be an option in the future for a bulbous variant like on the 14S.

Edited by Jason McNeil

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Ideally yes, they've gone with a mold configuration that doesn't have the capacity for 160cells. Maybe there will be an option in the future for a bulbous variant like on the 14S.

120 would be enough for 1600wh ;-)

BUt yeah, hopefully they will do so....

4 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

With a release date of late April/early-May feel it's premature to be taking preorders. We usually do pre-orders when there's more certainty about shipping dates.

With the Z One and 18L becoming available around the same time your going to be extremely busy! Time to stock up on Monster drinks. 

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Its the same speed as the 18S....

KS doesnt play that „higher and higher“ speed game, the boss of KS just wants more reliability... than fast wheels.

You can see that also on the 50kmh restriction, which needs some drive experience to unlock it.

This is what i hoped, I cannot imagine wanting to ride faster than I can now on the 18s. Acceleration could be improved though so I hope it is with the additional power.

• Like 1

Had a question for the aggressive guys who’s owned GW and KS ,  I ride a Monster and am a pretty aggressive rider ..34ish mph carve hard stop hard accelerate hard always jumping stuff and even jumped/cleared 4 stairs ‘29inches’ at 31mph and ride out of it .. I think I have a couple months and around 850-875 miles on it my question is can I ride the KS the same way? Although I’m sure no EUC’s were actually meant to be ridden that way but am curious just the same thanks 

5 hours ago, Voodoo Circus said:

Had a question for the aggressive guys who’s owned GW and KS ,  I ride a Monster and am a pretty aggressive rider ..34ish mph carve hard stop hard accelerate hard always jumping stuff and even jumped/cleared 4 stairs ‘29inches’ at 31mph and ride out of it .. I think I have a couple months and around 850-875 miles on it my question is can I ride the KS the same way? Although I’m sure no EUC’s were actually meant to be ridden that way but am curious just the same thanks 

Aggressive as in constantly at the motor limit or aggressive as in "try a lot and crash a lot"?

The big powerful wheels don't crash very well while the smaller wheels aren't very powerful but crash well.

13 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Aggressive as in constantly at the motor limit or aggressive as in "try a lot and crash a lot"?

The big powerful wheels don't crash very well while the smaller wheels aren't very powerful but crash well.

No not as in crashes I’ve had seven crashes so far and not one of them has been over 10 mph most were at 1 or 2 miles an hour just messing around trying to negotiate super tight turns and for instants clipping a curb with your pedal which forces you to walk off the machine while it kind of falls over lol ... I think my worst wipe out was in a group ride where I jumped off of a curb into the street at I’m thinking maybe 10 miles an hour at the most and wasn’t looking and ran into one of my skater buddies  but definitely nothing cool like a 35 mile an hour wipe out or anything ha ..   basically I’m talking physical and mental stress on the wheel if you will lol.. i’m sure I put lots of stress on my internals BMS and what have you like I said I stop pretty hard I take off pretty hard carve around pretty hard and do lots of Jumping ..So in regards of I guess the wheel being able to take internal and extra no punishment for the “aggressive rider” Does the KS handle that type of abuse?  The 18 L does sound interesting especially with the higher watt motor for torque and the 50 km isn’t too bad Although a 1036wh blows I would definitely need to carry an extra battery in my backpack come in from the monster a 1036 is very small.. but yes the question is on the durability of the KS and can it handle “all day aggressive riding?”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Voodoo Circus said:

No not as in crashes I’ve had seven crashes so far and not one of them has been over 10 mph most were at 1 or 2 miles an hour just messing around trying to negotiate super tight turns and for instants clipping a curb with your pedal which forces you to walk off the machine while it kind of falls over lol ... I think my worst wipe out was in a group ride where I jumped off of a curb into the street at I’m thinking maybe 10 miles an hour at the most and wasn’t looking and ran into one of my skater buddies  but definitely nothing cool like a 35 mile an hour wipe out or anything ha ..   basically I’m talking physical and mental stress on the wheel if you will lol.. i’m sure I put lots of stress on my internals BMS and what have you like I said I stop pretty hard I take off pretty hard carve around pretty hard and do lots of Jumping ..So in regards of I guess the wheel being able to take internal and extra no punishment for the “aggressive rider” Does the KS handle that type of abuse?  The 18 L does sound interesting especially with the higher watt motor for torque and the 50 km isn’t too bad Although a 1036wh blows I would definitely need to carry an extra battery in my backpack come in from the monster a 1036 is very small.. but yes the question is on the durability of the KS and can it handle “all day aggressive riding?”

And this would be in regards to the 18L thanks

16 minutes ago, Voodoo Circus said:

And this would be in regards to the 18L thanks

No one, can speak for the 18L as its 3 months away from production...

I would call the shell, internals and boards from KS sturdy as hell, and they certainly go for agressive riding, acceleration and braking. What i dont know is to jump them half of a meter, as the newer types (S series (or L)) are that fast reactive, that when lifting up, that they immediatly start to rotate, if they are out of the horizontal.....

So Yes, KS boards, motors, and electrics hold the stress -at least- like GW do, the KS shells are even much better than GW, but for jumping i cant say that much, because of the mentioned effect.....

But....to be clear: the max speed of a KS is 50kmh/31mph....then you will get a tiltback, it can not be shut off!

Edited by KingSong69
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Voodoo Circus said:

...basically I’m talking physical and mental stress on the wheel if you will lol.. i’m sure I put lots of stress on my internals BMS and what have you like I said I stop pretty hard I take off pretty hard carve around pretty hard and do lots of ...

the monster a 1036 is very small.. but yes the question is on the durability of the KS and can it handle “all day aggressive riding?”

I can state "no" for that type of riding even though the 18L isn't yet in mass production.

I can state this because the battery isn't big enough for how you ride for much longer than half an hour. The opposite of all-day riding.

More specifically, I know first-hand sprinting like that can suck an MSuper's 1600's battery from 100% to below 50% within 20 minutes of riding to go a distance of 5 miles. Sprinting turns what would otherwise be a long-ranged wheel into something with less range than the Ninebot S1.

WheelLog is very clear about where high consumption occurs. Sprinting and high-speeds, as expected.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Voodoo Circus said:

but yes the question is on the durability of the KS and can it handle “all day aggressive riding?”

I ride my KS 18s up dirt trails and on the street over curbs, cobblestone, and potholes. It can handle it all. @Sidestreet Reny is a kingsong owner I think a 14S and he puts his through a daily beatin. 

On my KS18s coming down a very steep hill I got the wobbles halfway down which progressively got much worse until I dumped it at the bottom at around 10mph and the EUC went skidding and bouncing right up to a couple of feet of cars waiting to make a left hand turn. I put car protective trim around the top corners and sides and it came out of it with only a minor dent in one of the speaker screens.

i have found that the handles on most EUCs are a weak spot and should be taped like a bike handle bars if you want to do some off roading and jumps around rocks. They are a boulder magnet. I am not convinced that Murphy's law is the only attraction force working.

The older 800w KS14c of the singer sewing machine variety used to overheat if you did many hills, but they addressed this with heatsinks and now a fan that does a great job coolin the control board.  So yeah, Kingsongs can handle punishment electronically speaking, and they make extra shell covers you can buy on the cheap should you be so talented as to crack one.

Edited by Stan Onymous
Kingsong history

8 hours ago, Voodoo Circus said:

Thanks guys! for the input!

2 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Just saw this on Facebook... Some comparison photos between the 16S and 18L...

26992562_10155353159182877_4289426465534218245_n

Of particular interest to me is the (significantly) higher trolley handle... At last there may be a wheel I can "walk" with without stooping!

Though I am still looking for the removable battery panel, for swapping out the exchangeable battery...

Great pictures. Apparently KingSong only uses a single design now, and scales up or down. Let's hope they don't come out with a 22-inch wheel ;)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Great pictures. Apparently KingSong only uses a single design now, and scales up or down. Let's hope they don't come out with a 22-inch wheel ;)

Thanks, but photo credit should to go to @Vicky Huang.

And I have to say, I like the circular design (and the diagonal handle)... Much more than the 18S.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Thanks, but photo credit should to go to @Vicky Huang.

And I have to say, I like the circular design (and the diagonal handle)... Much more than the 18S.

I like the design too. I'm just saying that if they go bigger they are going to have to deviate from their current design aesthetic. Can you imagine a 22-inch version of the 18S :o 

56 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I like the design too. I'm just saying that if they go bigger they are going to have to deviate from their current design aesthetic. Can you imagine a 22-inch version of the 18S :o 

The theory though would be that the bigger the wheel, the more space there would be for batteries... So larger wheel diameters would actually be (relatively) smaller? 

1 minute ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The theory though would be that the bigger the wheel, the more space there would be for batteries... So larger wheel diameters would actually be (relatively) smaller? 

Sorry, but I'm totally confused now :confused1:  If you scale their 18S shell design to fit a 22-inch wheel it would be grossly out of proportion, imho.

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Sorry, but I'm totally confused now :confused1:  If you scale their 18S shell design to fit a 22-inch wheel it would be grossly out of proportion, imho.

Yes, it would be bigger... But an increase in wheel diameter of 25% would probably only need an increase in shell size of 20% (volumes and all that). 

4 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Yes, it would be bigger... But an increase in wheel diameter of 25% would probably only need an increase in shell size of 20% (volumes and all that). 

Basic geometry says that a 18-inch wheel shell scaled to 22-inches will be ~50-percent larger :confused1:

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Basic geometry says that a 18-inch wheel shell scaled to 22-inches will be ~50-percent larger :confused1:

l disagree... Though we may be talking at crossed purposes; 

The wheel diameter will increase by 25%, but the control board and battery cavity wouldn't change, so any increase in size could be more "snug" - making the size increase smaller. Yes? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

l disagree... Though we may be talking at crossed purposes; 

The wheel diameter will increase by 25%, but the control board and battery cavity wouldn't change, so any increase in size could be more "snug" - making the size increase smaller. Yes? 

I think we're no longer talking about the same thing. It's not important. I'm sure KingSong isn't planning on such a large wheel anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Well.. more of the same... No surprise... nothing new in design...

I like surprises... Z10 maybe will be a big surprise...!!

• Like 2