18l presale specs

outcast00096

We've had the discussion before, but this just shows that a circular shell does not really work for wheels with more than 16 inches. Look how the 18L has a mudflap because the shell no longer works as dirt protection like on the 16S. It would have to be an even bigger circle to work as mud proteection like on the ACM or 16S. That would look even more strange.

The msuper V3/Monster style "tire + box" and its evolution like on the Ninebot One Z seem the way to go.

It looks like both the ankle and knee side pads are out of proportion on the KS18L. They need to be made larger. Also there is lot of dead empty space in the middle, but I guess people can and should customize with graphics.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

We've had the discussion before, but this just shows that a circular shell does not really work for wheels with more than 16 inches. Look how the 18L has a mudflap because the shell no longer works as dirt protection like on the 16S. It would have to be an even bigger circle to work as mud proteection like on the ACM or 16S. That would look even more strange.

The msuper V3/Monster style "tire + box" and its evolution like on the Ninebot One Z seem the way to go.

I'm a big fan of the perfectly circular shell but I agree the 18L doesn't seem to be functioning quite right as a shell.

--Can't you just resize the shell bigger so it does cover the wheel? My MSV3's exposed wheel is pretty bad at shooting dirt at me.

--Why are the leg pads so tiny? I mean, big flat leg pads seem to have no side effects.

--How high should the foot pads be? Really high seems to give more structure but I suspect at the cost of control.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

This is new (for King Song anyway), wheel lift cut-off...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingsong/permalink/1544527115623323/

Nice. About time KingSong got in on this QoL feature. Facebook comments suggest this is a touch sensor in the handle. I also saw the comment that this is not a backwards compatible change (fairly obvious) but it would likely be seen on the L model of other sizes! I wasn't aware there would be a 16L or 14L.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 12:15 PM, KingSong69 said:

I would guess that speedwise its the same as the 18S....40kmh from start, 50kmh locked.

Perhaps you can work/talk to them that they get rid of this stupid 1000km/620miles lock for the 50kmh. This should be -at least- lowered to a 100km lock.....

Amen.

15 minutes ago, Smoother said:

The difference seems to great for a 16" to 18".  Might that be a 14d? 

This is where I got the photos from...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kingsong/permalink/1544065202336181/

Here's an interesting video demonstrating a feature that I had not heard about yet: an anti-spin feature for when you have to pick up the wheel. Looks like there's no button involved.

19 hours ago, Adel said:

It looks like both the ankle and knee side pads are out of proportion on the KS18L. They need to be made larger. Also there is lot of dead empty space in the middle, but I guess people can and should customize with graphics.

AFAIK from the French seller there will be a 1600wh Version (a bit) later. This will for sure then look like the 16s with a wider sidepad.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Here's an interesting video demonstrating a feature that I had not heard about yet: an anti-spin feature for when you have to pick up the wheel. Looks like there's no button involved.

It's a fail safe sensor under the handle. No mechanical button.

Fail safe means, sensor doesnt stop the wheel when/while it is wheeling and also dont stop the wheel if for example the wiring of the sensor is defect.

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

The difference seems to great for a 16" to 18".  Might that be a 14d? 

Definitly a KS16. You can see that on the side cushion. only the 16 has a "rounded" side cushion on the top. On the 14s it is more rectangular, on the 14d much, much smaller. And even easier: Only the KS16 has that "old" style thin LED Ring....

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

AFAIK from the French seller there will be a 1600wh Version (a bit) later. This will for sure then look like the 16s with a wider sidepad.

It's a fail safe sensor under the handle. No mechanical button.

Fail safe means, sensor doesnt stop the wheel when/while it is wheeling and also dont stop the wheel if for example the wiring of the sensor is defect.

Definitly a KS16. You can see that on the side cushion. only the 16 has a "rounded" side cushion on the top. On the 14s it is more rectangular, on the 14d much, much smaller. And even easier: Only the KS16 has that "old" style thin LED Ring....

If a 1600wh version is true (which WILL come out one day), I'm def. sold!

Edited by Rudy Sijnke

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I see. Thanks.  Then that 18L sure looks huge when they are side by side, but when ridden in the trade show video, it had a nice presence. 

4 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

What? a bit? like in a byte?
The obvious question is of course is how much is a bit worth in time?:dribble:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob Valley said:

What? a bit? like in a byte?
The obvious question is of course is how much is a bit worth in time?:dribble:

A „little bit“ might be optimistics. The words have been „...later....in the planning...but no date announced“....

For the 14d to 14s upgrade they have needed about 4-6months :-(

Edited by KingSong69

8 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

A „little bit“ might be optimistics. The words have been „...later....in the planning...but no date announced“....

For the 14d to 14s upgrade they have needed about 4-6months :-(

So sometime in 2019 :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

So sometime in 2019 :lol:

Yeah, will certainly take some time..... :-)

You know, they bring their models to market, without the plastic sidepads cutting the motor wire ;-)

:whistling:

Edited by KingSong69
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yeah, will certainly take some time..... :-)

You know, they bring their models to market, without the plastic sidepads cutting the motor wire ;-)

:whistling:

That's why KingSong wheels are so boring sometimes. Gotway is all about excitement, mystery, risk, the great unknowns ;)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yip, The great excitement....and the great unkown mystery!

....what has or will fail as next :w00t2:

You got me! I am an old whimp...i couldnt stand that thrill anymore...so i had to sell all my GW‘s..and must stay with the so much boring KS18S :crying: A wheel without any excitement....easy to drive from everybody...getting up even the overheat hills! I am so depressed now!

:facepalm: :D

:laughbounce2:

• Like 1

via hkwheels FB group:

27173425_533976733624571_499202345231771

Google Translating, seems:

• like stated previously somewhere on these forums, first KS18L batch will be in limited quantities. 
  • dual charge ports... nice~
  • "embedded lever" which I'm assuming describes the new KS18L handle disengage, which seems to have to be triggered, per the below video where you can clearly hear a trigger engage sound, reminiscent of the "whoomp" sound you hear when triggering the InMotion V5/V8 handle disengage button.

• Like 2