WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

7 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

There is a Wheellog “companion app” that runs on the Pebble watch so you have to load that Wheellog companion app onto the Pebble......I found that app in, for lack of better term, in the Pebble App Store

Excuse my confusion but what is the actual name of the WheelLog "companion app" and is it available in the Play store? If it is available, how do you download it to the pebble watch (I havn't bought one yet)

There is an App in the Play Store for the Pebble that you load on your phone, then from within the Pebble app on your phone you can search for apps that you can load on the Pebble watch........the Pebble companion app is also called Wheellog with the same icon, created by Kevin Cooper, who wrote it.......

Here is a screen shot from my phone running the Pebble app and showing some apps that are on the watch......at the bottom is Wheel Log.....

8F845921-C91E-4AA2-A7DE-26514CB5F43A.png

I guess since Pebble is technically kaput at some point the app may not be available on the Play Store, but I don’t know the status of all that.

Edited by Master Blaster
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/23/2018 at 2:20 AM, Juggler said:

My wheel does say "please decelerate" near top speed. I looked everywhere in the WheelLog app but could not find the setting to change from beeps to prompts! With the new version V2.0.9, I now have a blank page to the right of the large speed readout when viewing in portrait mode but when i turn the phone round to landscape position the details page is displayed!! The previous version worked ok for that part.

I have the same issue; second screen is blank until I turn the phone to landscape.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:22 AM, fryman said:

I have the same issue; second screen is blank until I turn the phone to landscape.

What make of phone is it?. Mine is a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017

3 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I am using an S7 and don’t have that issue, so possibly a setting on the phone, maybe????

Thanks for the suggestion re settings. I went to the "Display" - "Screen zoom and font" settings and reduced the font size slightly and it cured the problem. Only thing now is I need straonger glasses to read everything else LOL. Oh to be young again!

2 hours ago, Juggler said:

Thanks for the suggestion re settings. I went to the "Display" - "Screen zoom and font" settings and reduced the font size slightly and it cured the problem. Only thing now is I need straonger glasses to read everything else LOL. Oh to be young again!

Great, I already need readers. I just got the pebble 2 and the screen is very legible in the sun light. 

57 minutes ago, fryman said:

Great, I already need readers. I just got the pebble 2 and the screen is very legible in the sun light. 

I ride with sunglasses that have 2.0 reader lenses built in the bottom of the lenses, can read the Pebble just fine, but can’t without them ? ?

3 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

I ride with sunglasses that have 2.0 reader lenses built in the bottom of the lenses, can read the Pebble just fine, but can’t without them ? ?

Well I can't read with ?or without ?glasses. Maybe it's because I am missing a Pebble ?

• Like 1

Idea suggestion: wheellog could have an option to set upper battery charge level and generate a notification once it's reached. This way I could set 80%, plug my EUC for charging and then disconnect it once I get a notification on my phone (and on pebble as well) that the battery charge reached 80%.

Would help to preserve the precious batteries without having to use extra stuff like chargedoctor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Herbas said:

Idea suggestion: wheellog could have an option to set upper battery charge level and generate a notification once it's reached. This way I could set 80%, plug my EUC for charging and then disconnect it once I get a notification on my phone (and on pebble as well) that the battery chargthat e reached 80%.

Would help to preserve the precious batteries without having to use extra stuff like chargedoctor.

that would be a great feature, however, you'd have to keep the wheel on during charging. Personally, i'd rather just pay the $55 for the charge doctor than leave it on while charging. You would always just buy one of those smart plugs from amazon for like twelve bucks that syncs to an app with a timer to auto off. Just do some test charge sessions to figure out what percentage charge you are getting per minute and set your timer accordingly.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Herbas said:

Idea suggestion: wheellog could have an option to set upper battery charge level and generate a notification once it's reached. This way I could set 80%, plug my EUC for charging and then disconnect it once I get a notification on my phone (and on pebble as well) that the battery charge reached 80%.

isn't the wheel need to be turned off while charging? If so the Bluetooth will not work. Even if you can charge it with the wheel on then you need to have your phone nearby in Bluetooth range. Am I right?

• Like 1

Yep, I think your wheel would have to remain turned on while charging for the BT module to stay powered up.  When my Tesla gets powered down the BT diconnects immediately.

I'd like to see some sort of mapping capability like Gyrometrics has.  If you allow it location services, it makes a little mini map on the speedometer which if you long press brings up a more detailed map trace of your trip.

24 minutes ago, Kens said:

isn't the wheel need to be turned off while charging? If so the Bluetooth will not work. Even if you can charge it with the wheel on then you need to have your phone nearby in Bluetooth range. Am I right?

I was able to connect to V8 which was off but charging.

Edit: although it might have helped that I connected from IM app before. Will test it more once I have time.

Edited by Herbas
  • Like 1

Inmotion V8 turnes on BT while plugged in with active charger. So while charging you can monitor battery levels in the App. How it works with other wheels I have no idea. I expect it to be same with V10 series to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Could it be that the app messed up the alarm settings of a gotway acm?

Or is it just coincidence that the alarm buzzer stopped working shortly after installing the latest version?

Edited by craio

38 minutes ago, craio said:

Could it be that the app messed up the alarm settings of a gotway acm?

Or is it just coincidence that the alarm buzzer stopped working shortly after installing the latest version?

Yea, I recently installed the latest version, and as soon as you enter the settings menu the wheels beeps aka some setting was changed. My speed beeps were gone, too (or changed). Seeing how it defaults tiltback to 25km/h, uninstalled instantly. I certainly don't want some bad surprises! Set the wheel to default in the GW app (alarms back to normal, tiltback), and now I'm back to the old Play Store version of Wheellog where you can't fuck up your settings accidentally.

I appreciate the effort and skills put into further development, but this is just plain too dangerous for my liking. Every settings change should have like 3 separate confirmations, not happen casually.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

45 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Yea, I recently installed the latest version, and as soon as you enter the settings menu the wheels beeps aka some setting was changed. My speed beeps were gone, too (or changed). Seeing how it defaults tiltback to 25km/h, uninstalled instantly. I certainly don't want some bad surprises! Set the wheel to default in the GW app (alarms back to normal, tiltback), and now I'm back to the old Play Store version of Wheellog where you can't fuck up your settings accidentally.

I appreciate the effort and skills put into further development, but this is just plain too dangerous for my liking. Every settings change should have like 3 separate confirmations, not happen casually.

I use the KS app for all my settings and use Wheellog (and Pebble) for my riding stats.

• Upvote 1

I noticed today that since the Wheellog/MAC address hack for Inmotion wheels on Oreo has been implemented the Bluetooth connection between Wheellog and the wheel is very unreliable only grabbing small snippets of data and oddly the wheel does not give it's signature beep when connection is first established (which it always did). The only way I'm able to keep a stable connection is if I run the Inmotion app in the background at the same time (this does give the connection beep from the wheel). All very odd. This Oreo/InMotion think is weird. Tagging @palachzzz for his information.

13 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

I noticed today that since the Wheellog/MAC address hack for Inmotion wheels on Oreo has been implemented the Bluetooth connection between Wheellog and the wheel is very unreliable only grabbing small snippets of data and oddly the wheel does not give it's signature beep when connection is first established (which it always did). The only way I'm able to keep a stable connection is if I run the Inmotion app in the background at the same time (this does give the connection beep from the wheel). All very odd. This Oreo/InMotion think is weird. Tagging @palachzzz for his information.

For me wheellog seems very stable on my Samsung Note 8. The Inmotion app in the other hand can't get any connection whatsoever. 

It has come to a point where I am starting to look for a new phone in smaller form factor. Ideally between 4.5"-5" the preference towards 4.5". I have yet to decide what to do.

I were toying with the idea to get a Samsung smartwatche but have dropped this due to wrist guards have priority. 

IOS devices are however a no go for my part. I am no fan of Apple's customer value view.