WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

I might be blind but how does one check what version of Wheellog is installed on one's phone? I don't recall seeing a version number anywhere in the app. Am I missing something?

10 minutes ago, MacPara said:

I don't recall seeing a version number anywhere in the app. Am I missing somet

1 minute ago, Herbas said:

Android settings -> Apps -> Wheellog -> at the bottom there will be app version.

Or by a long click on the app icon in the "app details", or in the app itself under me/more/about

52 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Or by a long click on the app icon in the "app details", or in the app itself under me/more/about

I was looking for an "About" or similar and never found that in the app. The App manager look up works.

Edited by MacPara

4 hours ago, Herbas said:

I also have issues with Android 8.1 :(

For Inmotion app you need to open the app, go back to home, kill the app from "recent apps" window, then open the app again. It connects on the 2nd-4th time.

No luck with Wheellog whatsoever, when previously had no issues...

Well I can't add my V8 to Inmotion App ver 6.7.4. But I will give you suggestion a shoot. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Well I can't add my V8 to Inmotion App ver 6.7.4. But I will give you suggestion a shoot. Thanks for the info.

Despite my Wheellog woes I've had no issues at all with the Inmotion app. Like Wheellog I reinstalled it on Oreo 8.0 and the V8 connected fine. Still connects fine since moving to 8.1 but I haven't (and won't) try reinstalling the app from fresh on 8.1 as that would cause it to search for the wheel again (wheellog's current downfall).

I don't get the Inmotion App 6.7.4 working at all meaning it will not see my v8. As for wheellog I never got this to work. In the process testing different things cause me accidently to remove the Inmotion App and now I can't reverse the "damage" hench can't see my v8 as a BT device at all.

Oddly Inmotion and my dealer are dead quite about this despite reaching out to @Bobwheel and emailing Inmotion service and their app contact and @Justina 's webshop (my dealer).

Hm, this might have been answered before but I can't seem to find it, so apologies if this is redundant!

I have Wheellog V2.0.5 and a Gotway ACM2 84V. I configured the wheel as having the 20S battery, I power cycled the wheel, restarted the app and all but it still shows 67V. What do I need to do for the 84V setting to take effect?

Edit: So I reread the thread since 2.0.5 was released with the 27092017.apk and all I could find was bug reports that the 84V option with the Gotway wheels that have the 20S battery is not working for people and @palachzzz said he'd investigate. No word from him since on anything. I hope he's ok!

Edited by MacPara

Thanks to plachzzz (and everyone else that contributed) for a great app! Works great with the MCM5 (except for the 20S option) ?

Do anyone know of there is a way to sound the beeper from the app (like a horn)?

BTW, it would be awesome if we coud use the volume buttons on the phone to sound the alarm. 

BUT I am a developer too and know how it is when everyone starts asking for changes and new functionality... 

@Override
    public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) {
        if ((keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_VOLUME_DOWN)){
            // Add code to sound the alarm here...
        }
        return true;
    }
Edited by Lorents

57 minutes ago, Lorents said:

Thanks to plachzzz (and everyone else that contributed) for a great app! Works great with the MCM5 (except for the 20S option) ?

Do anyone know of there is a way to sound the beeper from the app (like a horn)?

The horn works when you have Wheellog connected to your Android phone and linked to a Pebble Smartwatch. You then use a button on the Pebble to sound the horn (rings a bell sound, like you would hear from a bicycle) I have started using a Pebble Steel recently (thanks to @Marty Backe), due to the added functionality of being able to see your Speed, Battery, Temperature & the time all on the screen at once. It really think it is an essential addition to the Wheellog app, especially as the Pebble can also be set to vibrate as a warning at your pre-determined speed settings.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Lorents said:

If you type a "@" and the first letters of the members name and then choose the name from the appearing drop down list he gets notified of you mentioning him.

46 minutes ago, Lorents said:

Not from the phone, but if one couples a pepple watch to the phone running wheellog there is a horn function implemented.

40 minutes ago, Lorents said:

BTW, it would be awesome if we coud use the volume buttons on the phone to sound the alarm. 

BUT I am a developer too and know how it is when everyone starts asking for changes and new functionality... 

@Override
    public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) {
        if ((keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_VOLUME_DOWN)){
            // Add code to sound the alarm here...
        }
        return true;
    }

The (hopefully) latest version of wheellog adapted from @palachzzz is on github https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid

Feel free to contribute :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Chriull said:

If you type a "@" and the first letters of the members name and then choose the name from the appearing drop down list he gets notified of you mentioning him.

I know, but I figured he is tired of all the notifications :)

58 minutes ago, Chriull said:

The (hopefully) latest version of wheellog adapted from @palachzzz is on github https://github.com/palachzzz/WheelLogAndroid

Feel free to contribute :)

Thanks, if I get time I will check it out. Last commit is sept 27th, does that sound right?

45 minutes ago, Lorents said:

Thanks, if I get time I will check it out. Last commit is sept 27th, does that sound right?

Yes - could be. As it seems there is a new fork of palachzzz's fork from a new github member. Had no time to look into his changes - maybe it's a good idea to cooperate? Or this is anyhow possible with github?

palachzzz is fine. I sent him a PM about a month ago about the InMotion issue. He said he was OK but it was too cold in Russia to ride and he was in the process of a battery rebuild winter project that is denying him a testing device for work on the app. I'm a developer but not had time myself to look at the problem yet although I did find a number of potentially breaking changes in the release notes for Android Oreo's Bluetooth stack that gave a good place to start looking.

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Lorents said:

Yes, the last apk released here was September 27th and that matches the code base (V2.0.5). 

I think I found the issue why the Gotway_84V fix doesn't work. I have a 2.0.6 running on my phone right now but I am away from my wheel and won't be able to check it out until tonight. If it works, I'll release the fixed version. I'll look into the volume keys triggering the beep (or horn) on the wheel. I'm just afraid they might not get sent to the app as an event when the sleep screen is up. We'll see. 

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

Yes - could be. As it seems there is a new fork of palachzzz's fork from a new github member. Had no time to look into his changes - maybe it's a good idea to cooperate? Or this is anyhow possible with github?

I hadn't seen the fork yet but as long as I'll just add some fixes to the code I'll probably just try to push it to the main line.

Awesome @MacPara!

Is it OK if I download your version from github?

There is a version of Wheel Log out in play store all ready. Ideally all the changes that you and @palachzzz have done should be merged back to this verision and then push an update to play store - but that is easier said than done I guess...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorents said:

Awesome @MacPara!

Is it OK if I download your version from github?

There is a version of Wheel Log out in play store all ready. Ideally all the changes that you and @palachzzz have done should be merged back to this verision and then push an update to play store - but that is easier said than done I guess...

Sure, it's public on github. That's why I put it there.

Yeah, that'd be the best option to just consolidate the existing Wheellog in the Play Store. I'll try that but my hopes are low that we can get that done. Still, I'd like to try at least.

Hi Guys, 

Finally I upgraded my V8, it looks working ) Will try it tomorrow.

Thanks @MacPara for changes! I've added it. 

I will take Samsung S8 and try to find a problem with Oreo next week (I hope)

21 hours ago, MacPara said:

BTW, I do not like this APK direct install stuff. I would really like to submit this to the Google Play store but with all these copyrights we'd have to get approval from all the guys that touched this thing and I don't even know how long that list might be but I'll try to work this out in the coming months. 

We can't submit it "as is" to Google Play without @JumpMaster. At least we need to rename it and change icons

• Like 3

There is a small bug with the 84v option left. If you restart the app it seems to not remember that you have an 84v Gotway wheel. Work around until I have a chance to fix it is to go into settings, disable 84v option and reenable it. Done. I'll send a fixed version in a couple of hours. That's what I get for releasing in haste ....

Edited by MacPara
  • Like 1