WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

I really really appreciate this app! :wub:

When I turn off my wheel for a minute (e.g., for walking stairs) the app doesn't reconnect itself with the wheel once I turn on it again. I think it was able to do that before (in 1.8 version)?

Another question - would any Pebble watch version work with this app? Also, can the app show power usage instead of speed in Pebble? Basically just to see if I'm not too close to overtaxing my wheel.

Edited by Herbas

3 hours ago, Herbas said:

When I turn off my wheel for a minute (e.g., for walking stairs) the app doesn't reconnect itself with the wheel once I turn on it again. I think it was able to do that before (in 1.8 version)?

Another question - would any Pebble watch version work with this app? Also, can the app show power usage instead of speed in Pebble? Basically just to see if I'm not too close to overtaxing my wheel.

I have tried two Pebbles with the app (older and newer) and both worked fine. I wouldn't rely too much on the precise power values shown in Wheellog. No fault of the app but apparently the wheels themselves do not provide values that are reliable due to how and where they measure the consumption values.

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbas said:

I assume you have an old Version,  where this was really a problem. With the latest Version it works fine again (see download link somewhere above).

On 9/23/2017 at 7:10 PM, WARPed1701D said:

I have tried two Pebbles with the app (older and newer) and both worked fine. I wouldn't rely too much on the precise power values shown in Wheellog. No fault of the app but apparently the wheels themselves do not provide values that are reliable due to how and where they measure the consumption values.

Thanks!

In regards to power, I understand your point, but wouldn't a screen with power/voltage/battery/ampers give a pretty close reflection of actual wheel load?

On 9/23/2017 at 10:10 PM, Asylsteirer said:

I assume you have an old Version,  where this was really a problem. With the latest Version it works fine again (see download link somewhere above).

OK, will try the very latest one. I think I have a version from the second page of this thread or something like that.

3 hours ago, Herbas said:

In regards to power, I understand your point, but wouldn't a screen with power/voltage/battery/ampers give a pretty close reflection of actual wheel load?

The problem, as I understand it, is to do with motor consumption being very different to power as calculated in the wheel which is from battery draw and voltage. If you search through the older posts you will find it being explained by people who understand it better than I.

The problem looks different on different wheels - e.g. Gotway - you can see how fluctuates voltage and battery percent depending from current in picture below, but Inmotion gives average voltage for 10 sec, so it gives more adequate battery percent (battery percent it is function from voltage)

qmqrgj.jpeg

Edited by palachzzz
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Can this app generate graphs?

You get speed and power graphs on the second screen but otherwise just copy the log file to a pc with Excel, select the column on interest and hit the line graph button. It is how I have made mine

metrics.png.3350dd99913899676c579f39fa35

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 1

When using wheel settings on Kingsong, why doesn't the app read the values that are set from the wheel? It does it for the riding mode as can be seen from the screen with all the info but discards that info in the setting so each says different thing. (btw it would be nice to unify the riding modes names across the app) Same with speed and others. If for example invalid speed is set (i.e. 31 for my KS14C) , it doesn't check and stays on the value that one wanted to set even though in reality the wheel reset to 25.

Also it seems like turning the wheel off and on again messes up the avg riding as seen in the screenshot.

You are getting darn close to making a perfect unicycle app (already by far the best for android)! Great skills! Thanks for the effort!

Screenshot_20170926-191102.png

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, andress said:

When using wheel settings on Kingsong, why doesn't the app read the values that are set from the wheel? It does it for the riding mode as can be seen from the screen with all the info but discards that info in the setting so each says different thing. (btw it would be nice to unify the riding modes names across the app) Same with speed and others. If for example invalid speed is set (i.e. 31 for my KS14C) , it doesn't check and stays on the value that one wanted to set even though in reality the wheel reset to 25

KingSong doesn't tell anything about his current settings, but it send something when you try to set unsupported option (max speed, or led if it not present), but I haven't enough statistics to understand it.

11 hours ago, palachzzz said:

KingSong doesn't tell anything about his current settings, but it send something when you try to set unsupported option (max speed, or led if it not present), but I haven't enough statistics to understand it.

I'm positive that it does. Look at this video I made to prove it. First I set it to 14 kmph on the tablet and once I turn on the app on the phone you can see it there too. Then I change it to 7 kmph and go back to tablet where it also changed. I turned the Bluetooth off when not connected to be sure the app doesn't get the updated value by listening in on the connection from the other device...

• Like 1

On 26.9.2017 at 10:36 PM, WARPed1701D said:

You get speed and power graphs on the second screen but otherwise just copy the log file to a pc with Excel, select the column on interest and hit the line graph button. It is how I have made mine

An imho nicer and easier way to generate graphs is by using gnuplot (see my new topic http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8468-graph-for-wheellog-data/ to not dillute/disturb this thread). 

• Upvote 1

I will test the new version tomorrow (with KS16S) 

I confirm that previous version 17092017 seems to be very fine for me - reconnects after switch off-on well and works with Pebble well.

I start to be worried that WheelLog will not work with new Ninebot One Z...   which I plan to buy the moment it gets available...

As there is still a few months probably - Kind request -  Palachzzz - maybe You can figure out how to read Ninebot BT communcation data... 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Version 2.0.5

Added:
-Gotway 84v correction (from menu)

Reveal hidden contents

Actualy Gotway's controller multiply real voltage value to 0.8, to make it compatible with Gotway official App, that calculate battery percent from reference 67.2V battery. This option in WheelLog just multiply Voltage value to 1.25 (back to real).

Fixed:
-Inmotion zero-speed if drive to another direction for some wheels (like V3Pro and others).
-reset parameters when Gotway MCM option is applyed (like on the picture above)

WheelLog_27092017.apk

Btw, @palachzzz- i just discovered that one can upload a file to the http://forum.electricunicycle.org/files/ section which supports as it seems a nice (?simple?) versioning!

• Like 1

@Hansolo, thank you for bugreport, will check it.

@andress, interesting news for me, I will inspect again KingSong communication sample that I have.

@Lukasz, I have communication samples from Ninebot S2 and Ninebot Mini, and I can say, that Ninebot has complicated communication protocol, that is mostly different for different devices. Generally I don't have much desire and time to investigate it, besides Nibebot One Z may have new different protocol, such it was with Ninebot S2 after Ninebot P/E+. 

@Chriull, Thanks a lot for the tip-off!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Feature Suggestion.

Some people want to do partial charges for battery longevity but do not own a Charge Doctor to make it easy. To ensure a partial charge to a certain voltage (say 4.05v per cell) you'd have to watch the app for the battery voltage to reach the desired level and then pull the plug. Assuming other wheels can output wheel data via bluetooth during charging (such as Inmotino do) it would be cool to be able to set an alarm for when a set voltage is reached during charging. If the wheel doesn't indicate a charging state then a simple slider to activate the alarm when the voltage is passed would do.

I have and use a charge doctor but until I had the chance to read the instructions and set it up I was limiting charge by keeping wheellog open during charging and manually terminating when I noticed my target voltage. Having an alarm would have been helpful.

• Upvote 2