WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

5 hours ago, MacPara said:

There is a small bug with the 84v option left. If you restart the app it seems to not remember that you have an 84v Gotway wheel. Work around until I have a chance to fix it is to go into settings, disable 84v option and reenable it. Done. I'll send a fixed version in a couple of hours. That's what I get for releasing in haste ....

So that problem appears to be fixed in the APK I was testing today but I had a weird issue with the ACM being set back to 25km/h tilt back as is the default in Wheellog. No matter what I did in Wheellog it appeared to have no effect on the wheel and the tiltback remained in place. Very annoying! I finally used the Gotway app to clear the alarms and eliminated the tiltback and then went back to Wheellog and everything seemed to work again. So there might still be a problem with the latest app that I want to look into a bit closer before releasing somethig buggy again. I'll be on business travel until next Thursday but I'll do some testing again when I am back. 

Anybody else seen such a weird behavior with Wheellog before?

On 5/3/2018 at 4:01 AM, Lorents said:

BTW, it would be awesome if we coud use the volume buttons on the phone to sound the alarm. 

BUT I am a developer too and know how it is when everyone starts asking for changes and new functionality... 

@Override
    public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) {
        if ((keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_VOLUME_DOWN)){
            // Add code to sound the alarm here...
        }
        return true;
    }

And I added some code around this, just to see if would work. Well, yes and no. I implemented it so the Volume Up and Down keys would cause the wheel to beep and that does work and is indeed helpful. However, as soon as the phone goes into locked mode, and the app loses the focus, these key events are not getting sent to the app anymore. And so this idea of blasting down a sidewalk and just pressing the keys while the phone is on your belt or something does unfortunately not work. I do have a Pebble on order just for riding and I believe it has a feature like this that will be much easier to use. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, palachzzz said:

I will take Samsung S8 and try to find a problem with Oreo next week (I hope)

We can't submit it "as is" to Google Play without @JumpMaster. At least we need to rename it and change icons

I'll contact him and see if he'd pass it on to us or if he'd be willing to submit it in the future. Anyway, at least I'll try to talk with him about it....

And thanks for looking into these Oreo issues. This seems to be giving a lot of people issues.

Edited by MacPara
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, MacPara said:

So that problem appears to be fixed in the APK I was testing today but I had a weird issue with the ACM being set back to 25km/h tilt back as is the default in Wheellog. No matter what I did in Wheellog it appeared to have no effect on the wheel and the tiltback remained in place. Very annoying! I finally used the Gotway app to clear the alarms and eliminated the tiltback and then went back to Wheellog and everything seemed to work again. So there might still be a problem with the latest app that I want to look into a bit closer before releasing somethig buggy again. I'll be on business travel until next Thursday but I'll do some testing again when I am back. 

Anybody else seen such a weird behavior with Wheellog before?

And I added some code around this, just to see if would work. Well, yes and no. I implemented it so the Volume Up and Down keys would cause the wheel to beep and that does work and is indeed helpful. However, as soon as the phone goes into locked mode, and the app loses the focus, these key events are not getting sent to the app anymore. And so this idea of blasting down a sidewalk and just pressing the keys while the phone is on your belt or something does unfortunately not work. I do have a Pebble on order just for riding and I believe it has a feature like this that will be much easier to use. 

Wheellog does have a horn feature (pressing the middle button on the watch) but it only works with KingSong wheels. That would be cool if you could make it sound the Gotway beeper too :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Marty Backe said:

Wheellog does have a horn feature (pressing the middle button on the watch) but it only works with KingSong wheels. That would be cool if you could make it sound the Gotway beeper too :thumbup:

That should be easy. I connected the Volume keys to beep on the GW as well as on my KS. I just have yet to find out how to beep on an Inmotion and Ninebot and this should all come together ? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

@Marty Backe As you know, I got a Pebble recently on your recommendation and the middle button does sound the horn with Wheellog and my Tesla. I'm pretty sure my version of Wheellog is 2.0.5, as I originally used the forked version you posted here, but then upgraded to what I believed was the latest version a month or two back. The horn sound it emits is like you would hear from a bicycle bell.

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, fbhb said:

@Marty Backe As you know, I got a Pebble recently on your recommendation and the middle button does sound the horn with Wheellog and my Tesla. I'm pretty sure my version of Wheellog is 2.0.5, as I originally used the forked version you posted here, but then upgraded to what I believed was the latest version a month or two back. The horn sound it emits is like you would hear from a bicycle bell.

I believe that's impossible. When you press the middle button, isn't the bell sound that you're hearing coming from your phone? The Tesla doesn't have any speakers, only a piezoelectric buzzer, so it can't possibly play any sounds.

On KingSong wheels you actually hear a horn (I think it's a horn) sound coming from the KingSong speakers. Sounds great :D

I'm pretty sure (although I don't have the very lastest WheelLog) you can't make the Gotway buzzer 'beep' by pressing the Pebble watch button.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I believe that's impossible. When you press the middle button, isn't the bell sound that you're hearing coming from your phone? The Tesla doesn't have any speakers, only a piezoelectric buzzer, so it can't possibly play any sounds.

On KingSong wheels you actually hear a horn (I think it's a horn) sound coming from the KingSong speakers. Sounds great :D

I'm pretty sure (although I don't have the very lastest WheelLog) you can't make the Gotway buzzer 'beep' by pressing the Pebble watch button.

Ahh OK, a bit of confusion going on. I did not realise you were referring to the wheels actual buzzer, My bad!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MacPara said:

So that problem appears to be fixed in the APK I was testing today but I had a weird issue with the ACM being set back to 25km/h tilt back as is the default in Wheellog. No matter what I did in Wheellog it appeared to have no effect on the wheel and the tiltback remained in place. Very annoying!

This issue was before. Occurs only the first time the application is started, you need to set right values from Wheel Settings menu after first run.

18 hours ago, palachzzz said:

This issue was before. Occurs only the first time the application is started, you need to set right values from Wheel Settings menu after first run.

Yes, that's what I tried to do. Settings changed in the app but it didn't change the wheels behavior which made me try to do it again a few times but it didn't succeed until I set it through the GW app and then it worked ok. It's the first time this happened and I will have to try this again.

Today then I rode my KS14S and I noticed that the app would somehow freeze on updates. It looked like it was connected and I could swipe to different screens but no data updates were coming from the wheel. Stop and restart of app reconnected everything but, of course, the trip related data was then gone. It happened a few times during our 5 hour ride and I have not yet seen anything like this with my GW ACM2. But I didn't ride for that long on the ACM yet. I'll collect some more data point when I'm back next Thursday. 

On 5/5/2018 at 4:37 AM, MacPara said:

And I added some code around this, just to see if would work. Well, yes and no. I implemented it so the Volume Up and Down keys would cause the wheel to beep and that does work and is indeed helpful. However, as soon as the phone goes into locked mode, and the app loses the focus, these key events are not getting sent to the app anymore. And so this idea of blasting down a sidewalk and just pressing the keys while the phone is on your belt or something does unfortunately not work. I do have a Pebble on order just for riding and I believe it has a feature like this that will be much easier to use

I see, thanks for trying it out!

I guess the app would either have to set a wake lock or run a service to achieve this. Maybe its possible to emulate a media player or something like that... If I get some time I'll see if I can get it to work.

15 hours ago, Lorents said:

I see, thanks for trying it out!

I guess the app would either have to set a wake lock or run a service to achieve this. Maybe its possible to emulate a media player or something like that... If I get some time I'll see if I can get it to work.

that might work but possibly for the price that it drains the battery as the phone cannot get to sleep anymore. Let me know if you find out how to keep it awake. I'll try it out and we can always make this optional....

screwing around with this app and on speed setting for tiltback, no matter where i set it, it always reverts to 25kph. in the kingsong app i have it set at 40kph. 

is this normal?

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

screwing around with this app and on speed setting for tiltback, no matter where i set it, it always reverts to 25kph. in the kingsong app i have it set at 40kph. 

is this normal?

Well, this is what I had seen with my GW ACM. It said it accepted the setting in the app for 45 kph or whatever I set it to but in fact it tilted back at 25 kph until I once removed the tiltback with the manufacturer's app. Very odd as I don't recall that issue from the first time I used Wheellog. So, with your KS did it reset it to 25 in the settings field or did it just behave like the tiltback was still at 25 like it did with my GW wheel?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Well, this is what I had seen with my GW ACM. It said it accepted the setting in the app for 45 kph or whatever I set it to but in fact it tilted back at 25 kph until I once removed the tiltback with the manufacturer's app. Very odd as I don't recall that issue from the first time I used Wheellog. So, with your KS did it reset it to 25 in the settings field or did it just behave like the tiltback was still at 25 like it did with my GW wheel?

no man, it overrode kingsongs app and set it to 25kph. that in itself is frustrating because i set it to mph instead of kph. but yeah tiltback started at 17 mph. i closed wheellog, re opened kingsong, it had been lowered to 25 kph i guess by wheellog and i reset it to 40kph, which is the max because of kingsongs stupid 200 km requirement, which is better than their brain dead 1000km threshold. once i did that tiltback and alarms worked normally. 

yup the wheellog app is fubar.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

no man, it overrode kingsongs app and set it to 25kph. that in itself is frustrating because i set it to mph instead of kph. but yeah tiltback started at 17 mph. i closed wheellog, re opened kingsong, it had been lowered to 25 kph i guess by wheellog and i reset it to 40kph, which is the max because of kingsongs stupid 200 km requirement, which is better than their brain dead 1000km threshold. once i did that tiltback and alarms worked normally. 

yup the wheellog app is fubar.

Yes, it would do that when it is freshly installed and sees a wheel for the first time since install. It's something about the way the preferences are handled and I think we need to teach it some manners to not just push settings but to read the current settings first and use these settings instead of some static defaults as it is at the moment. It should only happen the first time it sees a wheel but still... this is somewhat rude to just overwrite existing settings. So, I'll have some more work to do on this puppy and fix this stuff. Might take a bit but it's just time, right? ;-) 

You used which version? V2.0.6?

4 minutes ago, MacPara said:

Yes, it would do that when it is freshly installed and sees a wheel for the first time since install. It's something about the way the preferences are handled and I think we need to teach it some manners to not just push settings but to read the current settings first and use these settings instead of some static defaults as it is at the moment. It should only happen the first time it sees a wheel but still... this is somewhat rude to just overwrite existing settings. So, I'll have some more work to do on this puppy and fix this stuff. Might take a bit but it's just time, right? ;-) 

You used which version? V2.0.6?

it does it all the time, not just the first time it sees a wheel.

the version on my samsung 9+ and s7 edge is 2.0.1.

like if i open speed settings in wheelog it has it locked at 25kph, no matter if u ask for more. open the ks app, change the speed to 40kph and now go back to wheellog, it’s at 25kph, go back to ks app, it says 25kph. 

i’m about sick of apps.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:24 PM, Unventor said:

I don't get the Inmotion App 6.7.4 working at all meaning it will not see my v8. As for wheellog I never got this to work. In the process testing different things cause me accidently to remove the Inmotion App and now I can't reverse the "damage" hench can't see my v8 as a BT device at all.

Oddly Inmotion and my dealer are dead quite about this despite reaching out to @Bobwheel and emailing Inmotion service and their app contact and @Justina 's webshop (my dealer).

I've checked your ticket status and I can see the problem is solved.

Please contact us if you encounter any problems.

Edited by Justina

18 minutes ago, Justina said:

I've checked your ticket status and I can see the problem is solved.

Please contact us if you encounter any problems.

Well solved is not how I would put it. I still can't communicat with my phone and my V8. Only by using a co-workers phone with iOS I were able to communicate with the wheel.

For now I am waiting for new app or some way to add a new firmware fix so I can see the V8 again.

The bluetooth hardware works fine in your V8. The problem is caused by bluetooth drivers on some phones. Problems with bluetooth connectivity after Android updates are all over the web, unfortunately. Popular solutions are to remove all paired devices from the bluetooth manager, or even make a factory reset of the phone.

We've shared the problem details (phone model and system version) with INMOTION. They will see what they can do to improve the connectivity (make the app / firmware compatible with more drivers), but it's possible you would need to wait for a proper system update from your phone manufacturer, or you may just sideload a previous version of the system (before the bluetooth update).

There are simply too many Android phone manufacturers, system and driver versions, to support all variants all the time. Remember a mobile app for electric unicycle has to use much more bluetooth profiles than for example - bluetooth headphones. This makes the implementation more complex. 

INMOTION is doing what they can to test all popular phone models and also add backward-compatibility for older phones with older bluetooth implementations.

If you don't want / don't have time to reset your phone or make a potential downgrade, please wait for the new INMOTION app and use another phone in the meantime to set your speed limit and upgrade the V8 firmware (if available).

If you need any assistance, please contact our support.

Edited by Justina
  • Like 3

On 5/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, novazeus said:

it does it all the time, not just the first time it sees a wheel.

the version on my samsung 9+ and s7 edge is 2.0.1.

like if i open speed settings in wheelog it has it locked at 25kph, no matter if u ask for more. open the ks app, change the speed to 40kph and now go back to wheellog, it’s at 25kph, go back to ks app, it says 25kph. 

i’m about sick of apps.

I can't tell you what was broken in 2.0.1 or was fixed since then but that's possibly a moot point in a later version. I am surprised you'd even use an older version and complain about its shortcomings without first trying the latest one and checking if the problem still exists in there. If it does, then I'll put it on the list of issues to be worked on. 

In case you missed the link for V2.0.6 which is the latest version published: here it is again. It has known issue that have been discussed here. I'll try to fix these as I have time, next to work and cycling. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MacPara said:

I can't tell you what was broken in 2.0.1 or was fixed since then but that's possibly a moot point in a later version. I am surprised you'd even use an older version and complain about its shortcomings without first trying the latest one and checking if the problem still exists in there. If it does, then I'll put it on the list of issues to be worked on. 

In case you missed the link for V2.0.6 which is the latest version published: here it is again. It has known issue that have been discussed here. I'll try to fix these as I have time, next to work and cycling. 

how am i suppose to know there are newer versions? i found one that worked for awhile and thought i was done.