WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hi, I have tried the old green KS app version 4.  I like it, but it kept disconnecting from the wheel and some parts of the screen image were missing/not visible. See photo

The older version of the Wheel Log 170992017 looks identical to the new version 12052018 which I tried which also doesn't have a horn button!

20180520_203907.jpg

1 minute ago, Juggler said:

Hi, I have tried the old green KS app version 4.  I like it, but it kept disconnecting from the wheel and some parts of the screen image were missing/not visible. See photo

The older version of the Wheel Log 170992017 looks identical to the new version 12052018 which I tried which also doesn't have a horn button!

20180520_203907.jpg

Must be a unique problem with your phone :(

The new WheelLog certainly has the Horn function - I use it all the time (when I need a horn sound).

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Must be a unique problem with your phone :(

The new WheelLog certainly has the Horn function - I use it all the time (when I need a horn sound).

Hi, could send a photo of the horn button on your WheelLog as there doesnt appear to be one on my app. one of the pages when you swipe left seems to be blank?

53 minutes ago, Juggler said:

Hi, could send a photo of the horn button on your WheelLog as there doesnt appear to be one on my app. one of the pages when you swipe left seems to be blank?

I'm sorry, I was referring to the Horn Function. I press my Pebble watch button to make the horn sound via WheelLog.

17 hours ago, Juggler said:

The latest version has an invisible horn button. When (and only when) the app is in focus you can press one of the volume keys (up or down) and the app will send a native beep command to the wheel. This should work for KS and GW wheels. This function can be triggered by the Pebble watch as well by pressing the Select key on the watch. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 5:35 PM, WARPed1701D said:

Paco Gorina had a GitHub project with the code in it a few months ago. You can probably grab the communication data from there. 

Despite what @palachzzz said about 9bot changing the protocols frequently, I shall take a look at Paco's code and see if we can at least support some more benign things for 9bot's, i.e. the Pebble beep and such things. Thanks for that hint!

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm sorry, I was referring to the Horn Function. I press my Pebble watch button to make the horn sound via WheelLog.

What model Pebble watch do you use and is it possible to charge the horn sound to something else?

3 minutes ago, Juggler said:

What model Pebble watch do you use and is it possible to charge the horn sound to something else?

My equipment list (and links) is in the Description section of my YouTube videos.

No, it's not possible to change the horn sound.

1 hour ago, MacPara said:

The latest version has an invisible horn button. When (and only when) the app is in focus you can press one of the volume keys (up or down) and the app will send a native beep command to the wheel. This should work for KS and GW wheels. This function can be triggered by the Pebble watch as well by pressing the Select key on the watch. 

Thanks for the info but how did you find out?

Why would the developer not put a visible button on the app? Does a native beep comand sound the horn or just beep?

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My equipment list (and links) is in the Description section of my YouTube videos.

No, it's not possible to change the horn sound.

It would be a lot easier just to tell me the model instead of making me trawl through youtube videos of which I have no links to !!

7 minutes ago, Juggler said:

It would be a lot easier just to tell me the model instead of making me trawl through youtube videos of which I have no links to !!

You don't realize how many people ask me for model numbers, links, etc. So I post everything on my YouTube videos which saves me a lot of typing, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/ElectricUnicycles

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You don't realize how many people ask me for model numbers, links, etc. So I post everything on my YouTube videos which saves me a lot of typing, etc.

So you just typed 29 words instead one one (the model of the pebble you use!) Not even a link to any of you videos where I could find out the informatio you say is posted?

15 minutes ago, Juggler said:

So you just typed 29 words instead one one (the model of the pebble you use!) Not even a link to any of you videos where I could find out the informatio you say is posted?

I'm a speed typist. 29 words takes nothing to type. Looking up the model number or other such item takes a lot more time.

I edited my previous response and included a link to my channel.

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm a speed typist. 29 words takes nothing to type. Looking up the model number or other such item takes a lot more time.

I edited my previous response and included a link to my channel.

Ok thanks for the link to all your youtube videos, now which one has the information I am seeking?

Just now, Juggler said:

Ok thanks for the link to all your youtube videos, now which one has the information I am seeking?

Just pick any video from the last X months. View the Description. Every video has the same information.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Just pick any video from the last X months. View the Description. Every video has the same information.

Thanks Marty, got it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juggler said:

Thanks for the info but how did you find out?

Why would the developer not put a visible button on the app? Does a native beep comand sound the horn or just beep?

Because I put it in. 

I do not think it made a lot of sense to put a button on the app to trigger a horn because by the time you unlock your sleep screen honking is likely a moot point. If you would take the time to read back a bit in this very thread you'll find the reason why we tried the volume buttons. 

The reason why I call it a "native" beep is that the wheel is responsible for making the horn sound. If it's playing a sampled horn sound or just creating a digital beep sound depends on the very implementation in the wheel. The app just triggers it, but it does not influence what sound it plays. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MacPara said:

Because I put it in. 

I do not think it made a lot of sense to put a button on the app to trigger a horn because by the time you unlock your sleep screen honking is likely a moot point. If you would take the time to read back a bit in this very thread you'll find the reason why we tried the volume buttons. 

The reason why I call it a "native" beep is that the wheel is responsible for making the horn sound. If it's playing a sampled horn sound or just creating a digital beep sound depends on the very implementation in the wheel. The app just triggers it, but it does not influence what sound it plays. 

Thanks @MacPara . Sorry but I just dived into the forum when I saw the title as I was having so many problems with my apps. I have read this forum now from the begining and have seen all your input and @palachzzzs to the design of this great app. Pity Kingsong don't use your services to sort out their app!!  Looks like I will be looking for a Pebble watch now.

On 5/16/2018 at 4:34 AM, MacPara said:

WheelLogAndroid V2.0.9

When the app is in focus, pressing the volume up or down keys will trigger the native wheel beep (KingSong and Gotway)

Pressing the Select button on a connected Pebble watch will trigger the native wheel beep (KingSong and Gotway), if enabled in preferences

Iv'e just installed the WheelLog V2.0.9 and tried the up down buttons for the horn. Unfortunately instead of the horn sound i got a popping sound?  Any idea why?

1 hour ago, Juggler said:

Iv'e just installed the WheelLog V2.0.9 and tried the up down buttons for the horn. Unfortunately instead of the horn sound i got a popping sound?  Any idea why?

Which Kingsong wheel do you have? I'll check again with my KS when I get home.

4 hours ago, Juggler said:

Thanks @MacPara . Sorry but I just dived into the forum when I saw the title as I was having so many problems with my apps. I have read this forum now from the begining and have seen all your input and @palachzzzs to the design of this great app. Pity Kingsong don't use your services to sort out their app!!  Looks like I will be looking for a Pebble watch now.

If you want to get a Pebble you should act quickly. I believe the app store will get shut down some time in June and I don't know how else you could get the companion app installed if not through that store.... The actual Pebble model is irrelevant, they all run the same OS. I have a Pebble Time Steel and a Pebble Steel. One has color the other one is monochrome and both work fine with Wheellog.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Juggler said:

I don’t know if it’s the same on your wheel, but both of my King Song wheels have to be put in the voice mode for speed warnings for the horn to sound, if you have it set for beeps in the settings instead of voice warnings it will only sound a beep when either using the KS app to sound horn or the button on a Pebble watch.

1 minute ago, Juggler said:

It's the KS 14d

I have the 16S and 18S, but it would be my assumption it would be the same on yours, you have choice in the app for voice prompts/warnings or beep prompts/warnings........it has to be set on voice to get the horn sound, otherwise it will just beep when you activate the horn. Only downside is if you have it set for voice and you get a speed warning you’ll hear a kind of annoying voice saying: “Please Decelerate” ? ?