WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

I feel like this has been covered somewhere before, but I've been looking all over and trying unsuccessfully today to get Wheelog to read data from my Inmotion V10F and Glide 2 (V5F). I can get Wheelog to connect to both wheels, but it doesn't read any useful data. I've tried entering the default password of 000000, and using no password at all, but this doesn't seem to change the behavior. Does anyone have either of those two wheels talking to this app?

15 minutes ago, beast@tanagra said:

I feel like this has been covered somewhere before, but I've been looking all over and trying unsuccessfully today to get Wheelog to read data from my Inmotion V10F and Glide 2 (V5F). I can get Wheelog to connect to both wheels, but it doesn't read any useful data. I've tried entering the default password of 000000, and using no password at all, but this doesn't seem to change the behavior. Does anyone have either of those two wheels talking to this app?

Try using the Inmotion app to change the speaker volume of pedal angle... Anything really. This will calculate a new checksum and had been known to fix the connection issue with wheellog. 

Hello @palachzzz and @MacPara due to possible problems with Pebble  (as it is not in production any more) have closer look on the movie below -  

Can You consider simplified interface for WheeLog for round 320x320 pix (thor pro) or optionally 400x400 pix screen? - just to show basics similar as on Pebble - speed, temperature, battery, time. Also -  looking forward very much for Ninebot support due to the expected popularity of the Z model..

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

@ir_fuel  Could You be so kind and tell us which currently produced unicycle allows You to ride it constantly without charging for 10 hours?   (thanks for "positive" approach again btw). 

1 minute ago, Lukasz said:

@ir_fuel  Could You be so kind and tell us which currently produced unicycle allows You to ride it constantly without charging for 10 hours?   

I'm wondering who would buy a smart watch that even when not used will not last one working day. I used to have an Apple Watch 1st gen (had it for professional purposes). That thing lasted about 30h on one charge and I already found it annoying. Forget to charge it once and half into the next day you're without a watch. Let alone if it can't even manage half of that.

(thanks for "positive" approach again btw). 

Oh we can't point out flaws anymore. Ok..... 

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I'm wondering who would buy a smart watch that even when not used will not last one working day. I used to have an Apple Watch 1st gen (had it for professional purposes). That thing lasted about 30h on one charge and I already found it annoying. Forget to charge it once and half into the next day you're without a watch. Let alone if it can't even manage half of that.

Oh we can't point out flaws anymore. Ok..... 

The Pebble watch, when paired with WheelLog, will last me through 5+ hours of riding. Battery run time with the Pebble is highly dependent on the applications running on it. WheelLog has a very dynamic display that is updating with a high refresh rate. This eats through the battery.

But sometimes I forget to turn the watch off, and the battery will still be good after a few days because the Minute hand is only updating once per minute.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

But sometimes I forget to turn the watch off, and the battery will still be good after a few days because the Minute hand is only updating once per minute.

Pebble watch has extremely good battery life. That's why I used to wear one for a while .... before I lost it (no idea where I put it :D ).

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 6:32 PM, Marty Backe said:

The Pebble watch, when paired with WheelLog, will last me through 5+ hours of riding

Similar results here - for Pebble Time (150mAh, but it has much smaller power consumption than android watch) which is sufficient as 5 hours  is anyway more than the full wheel battery discharge time when riding. Battery life of the Android smartwatch - Thor Pro is listed as the 500mAh, which is quite big battery for the smartwatch (if true data given) so when used as the wheel display only - no sim, no other tasks/functions except display, WheelLog and BT - it shall allow  maybe similar 5-6 hours of use, which seems to be sufficient for the specialized use as the wheel display....

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 5:34 AM, MacPara said:

I've combined the recent enhancements that @palachzzz has done in his 2.0.8 release with the Pebble wheel beep stuff and I added a Version tag in the preferences menu, so it's easer to find out which version of Wheellog you are running. At the rate we are releasing new versions, that's probably helpful. So here is V2.0.9. We developed in parallel without knowing what the other guy was doing, so sorry for this rapid release cycle. We'll learn as we go on....

WheelLogAndroid V2.0.9

Updated Gradle configuration to compile with Gradle 4.4

Inmotion V10 support

Manual BLE MAC address edit

When the app is in focus, pressing the volume up or down keys will trigger the native wheel beep (KingSong and Gotway)

Pressing the Select button on a connected Pebble watch will trigger the native wheel beep (KingSong and Gotway), if enabled in preferences This feature might work with a Tizen watch as well, please provide feedback as I don't have access to one

Where could I find the git repo or sources for this 2.0.9 version ?
thank you

On 6/7/2018 at 5:20 AM, WARPed1701D said:

I noticed today that since the Wheellog/MAC address hack for Inmotion wheels on Oreo has been implemented the Bluetooth connection between Wheellog and the wheel is very unreliable only grabbing small snippets of data and oddly the wheel does not give it's signature beep when connection is first established (which it always did). The only way I'm able to keep a stable connection is if I run the Inmotion app in the background at the same time (this does give the connection beep from the wheel). All very odd. This Oreo/InMotion think is weird. Tagging @palachzzz for his information.

Hi, 

This problem is not related to MAC-hack, it appears and disappears on different wheels at different times. If the wheel does not beep during the connection - definitely the problem with the password (I have such issue on my old phone with Android 4.4, I investigated logs, and found nothing that can help to fix problem).
Try to erase the cache and data in the application settings and try everything again (including manual input of the MAC). 

• Like 1

I'd like to make a suggestion for the app.
There are 6 values showing on the screen, I think it'd be great to configure those. For example i'd rather see the instant power instead of the total mileage.

It could be done by pressing or long pressing one of the six boxes, a menu would appear with the available choices (e.g. power, current)

I know almost everything is already there, but power is not, and it used to be on the play store version (everyone has different preferences!)
I would also add the accumulated Wh consumed, so we could check the aging of our batteries and the correspondence with the manufacturer's capacity claim. (Always making the disclaimer that with just 5 "pictures per second" the measurement might be very inaccurate).

And one question, the "tilt" and "roll" is not available on a kingsong wheel, right? Because it doesn't show up on my logs.

Thanks again to the developers!!

11 hours ago, Jens Muysoms said:

man am I glad to read this, you just made my day! let me know if you need testers for that, I have a huawei watch 2.

Me too, I have a LG urbane 2. I also hope we can have a stand-alone wear os app that can stream the realtime data from wheels directly. I have Inmotion, Kingsong and Gotway wheels, can help test and debug app. I am also learning Android programming(have Windows coding experience in c,c++,c# but no java kowledge?)

Companion or linked app for android wear would be interesting, however kind request to all developers - if You can consider adding communication to WheelLog with Ninebot (having in mind expected popularity of Z10) based on the existing communication developed by Paco Gorina  for 9B Metrics  and Ilya for DarknessBot - would be really great.

I still have Ninebot ONE E+  available, rooted android 6 phone and I am expecting Z10 to arrive soon, so I will have all equpment needed for beta tests if somebody would be so kind to send me test version of WheelLog with Ninebot communication support 

Edited by Lukasz

On 6/25/2018 at 8:15 AM, palachzzz said:

Hi, 

This problem is not related to MAC-hack, it appears and disappears on different wheels at different times. If the wheel does not beep during the connection - definitely the problem with the password (I have such issue on my old phone with Android 4.4, I investigated logs, and found nothing that can help to fix problem).
Try to erase the cache and data in the application settings and try everything again (including manual input of the MAC). 

I just wanted to follow up on this. The problem was indeed the Bluetooth password. It must have been reset internally when I recently unplugged the battery during routine inspection of the wheel mainboard and to try to resolve the Androrid Oreo connection issues. It is odd that even though Wheellog retained the old password and the wheel was reset to default there was still some brief sporadic spurts of connectivity between the two. Clearing the cache didn't work as I unknowingly re-entered the old password into Wheellog's MAC Hack screen. It was only when I reinstalled the old version of the Inmotion app (due to battery drainage issues) that I found the Bluetooth password had changed. After I set everything correctly Wheellog now seems fine. I'm just baffled it was able to grab snippets of data with the wrong password cached and also that it when incorrectly configured it could piggy back data from the stable connection from the official Inmotion app (this was my workaround up to this point but the battery drain was immense).

On 6/16/2018 at 5:32 PM, Marty Backe said:

The Pebble watch, when paired with WheelLog, will last me through 5+ hours of riding. Battery run time with the Pebble is highly dependent on the applications running on it. WheelLog has a very dynamic display that is updating with a high refresh rate. This eats through the battery.

My pebble lasts a week per charge

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cannings said:

My pebble lasts a week per charge

My marbles lasting a lifetime...??

(Sorry in advance, I just couldn't help myself)

• Like 2