WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

On 6/25/2018 at 2:52 PM, palachzzz said:

It is realy impossible to calculate accumulated consumed Wh. Because it is needed to measure current at least hundreds times per second, because EUCs have very rapid changing current and power (this was the reason to remove power from main screen, text representing is not good for such changing value), and mistake of such calculation will be really significant (it could work with electric scooters and bicycles, but not with EUCs) Also, it is possible to pull values from inmotion about 8-10 times per second, but for KingSong and Gotwat it is possible only once at second.

Well, that did not stop me to make an estimate :D

So I did 22km with a ks14s, not flat at all, on dirt a great part of it, infinite microjumpings, across a forest. My battery has 840Wh rated capacity, and the battery level went from 71% to 33%.

This is the accum Wh, and I put an "efficiency" of 80% when the flow of energy was going backwards.
The result:

1984664939_whwheiil.PNG.1887d9954eb6a6a5920153225dde488e.PNG

It might be inaccurate, but 273*100/(71-33)=718Wh

Well, it is not THAT bad, and that was with a incredibly dirty terrain

Cheers!

(Question, the location distance is like using the latitude, longitude difference, using pitagoras and the earth radius?, do you take into account the altitude? Do you have access to that? I think it would be great to include the altitude when high accuracy is requested on the logs)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Struck said:

Well, that did not stop me to make an estimate :D

So I did 22km with a ks14s, not flat at all, on dirt a great part of it, infinite microjumpings, across a forest. My battery has 840Wh rated capacity, and the battery level went from 71% to 33%.

This is the accum Wh, and I put an "efficiency" of 80% when the flow of energy was going backwards.
The result:

It might be inaccurate, but 273*100/(71-33)=718Wh

Well, it is not THAT bad, and that was with a incredibly dirty terrain

Cheers!

Besides the by @palachzzzmentioned slow sample rate there are some other "problems" (which seem to have compensated themselves in your example). The wheel reports the motor current and not the battery current. Also just the battery voltage and not the motor voltage. Multiplying this battery voltage and motor current gives some number where the unit watt can be put behind, but it's quite meaningless. Also the reported motor currents (at least for KS and GW) seems to be off by quite some factor..

9 minutes ago, Struck said:

(Question, the location distance is like using the latitude, longitude difference, using pitagoras and the earth radius?, do you take into account the altitude? Do you have access to that? I think it would be great to include the altitude when high accuracy is requested on the logs)

That would be some great extension. Maybe also the internal measured heigt of the smartphone/watch (if they have some barometer) :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Also the reported motor currents (at least for KS and GW) seems to be off by quite some factor..

Well, that IS disappointing!!
I can live with the rest. just let's some 85 - 90% efficiency here and there.

Next step is to record the consumed AC energy for charging from 30 to 80% battery.
Also will do more tests with the ridiculously low sample rate, when I have the chance to make a long, flat  trip.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Maybe the Amazfit Stratos can be one of the solutions which offers good visibility of the screen? Maybe it has enough power to run the app directly on the watch for a few hours?

Edited by Lukasz

My Samsung galaxy s9 plus will not connect with (only Bluetooth issue I have with s9). App sees wheel but will not connect regardless of what I do. I know s9 support bt5 but should b be compatible so I guess crapsung added some restrictions (GOD I wished I bought a Nokia 8 instead...gf had it and no problem with anything...and for half the price..insane). Anyway, what does not work.....

1. Wheellog forked with alarm settings (ask for password which should be none, doesn't matter if I push ok or cancel)

2. official wheellog (same)

3. official gotway

My old Huawei P8 on the other hand connect with all of above. No problem with anything. Well except calibrate in wheellog forked but that's expected.

Anyone else experienced this and/or found a solution?

Cheers

Boogie

@Struck, please note, that KingSong EUCs have very inaccurate battery indicator, when it shows about 30%- it is about 10% in real. Also please take into account, that nominal battery capacity calculated in case discharging to 2,5 Volt per cell, but KingSong's zero value is 3.125 V per cell, ks18l-3.0V per cell, Inmo - 3.4 V per cell, Gotway - 3.3V per cell. So real used battery capacity is far away from nominal. 

So the mistake of your estimation could be -/+50%, try to repeat your estimation after another riding.

@Chriull, why you so sure about that it is motor current? Actually we don't know which current is shown. Inmo v8 has 4 current sensors - battery and on each phase.

Also I have a lot of  KS-16s logs, and it nothing shows that it is motor current.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2018 at 1:09 PM, Struck said:

Question, the location distance is like using the latitude, longitude difference, using pitagoras and the earth radius?, do you take into account the altitude? Do you have access to that? I think it would be great to include the altitude when high accuracy is requested on the logs

WheelLog use android method DistanceTo for calculations, but it seems that Altitude are ignored by this method:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38149168/what-distance-does-distanceto-returns

On 7/4/2018 at 1:49 PM, EUC GUY said:

Could the app be updated to 100v? 

Yes, it is easy.

• Like 2

BTW, i had to revert from version 2.0.9 back to 2.0.4 (I didn't have any of the intervening versions) because the 2.0.9 version was always reporting the wrong speed, usually by 3 to 4 mph. So if I was actually traveling at ~21-mph, WheelLog would report ~17-mph.

I think @MacPara released that version.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, i had to revert from version 2.0.9 back to 2.0.4 (I didn't have any of the intervening versions) because the 2.0.9 version was always reporting the wrong speed, usually by 3 to 4 mph. So if I was actually traveling at ~21-mph, WheelLog would report ~17-mph.

I think @MacPara released that version.

Thanks for the post, was this wrong speed consistent with all wheels or just some of them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

Thanks for the post, was this wrong speed consistent with all wheels or just some of them.

Yes, the speeds were wrong on all of my wheels (not sure about KingSong though). I kept thinking, "I know I'm going faster than ~17mph", and I finally did some tests yesterday to confirm.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, the speeds were wrong on all of my wheels (not sure about KingSong though). I kept thinking, "I know I'm going faster than ~17mph", and I finally did some tests yesterday to confirm.

As it happens my KS14S was tilting me back at ~15mph on pebble watch and couldn't figure out why.  Your post explains it all.

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

@Marty Backe how can you tell which version I have on my phone?  Can you please post the link to version 2.0.4  Thank you so much.

Open Settings on your phone, than Apps. Scroll to WheelLog and click it. This will bring up information about the app including the version number.

If you go to my YouTube channel, view a recent video, and look at the Description, you will find a link to the WheelLog version that I'm using.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Sounds like another Gotway issue to me......Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fryman said:

Sounds like another Gotway issue to me......Lol

I hope your post is a joke - but in case it isn't (for newbies who might read this), this is a problem with the WheelLog app which has nothing to do with any wheel manufacturer. And as @Mark Lee just stated, it's not working properly for KingSong.

Yeah, I'm a little sensitive about unnecessary Gotway bashing :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I hope your post is a joke - but in case it isn't (for newbies who might read this), this is a problem with the WheelLog app which has nothing to do with any wheel manufacturer. And as @Mark Lee just stated, it's not working properly for KingSong.

Yeah, I'm a little sensitive about unnecessary Gotway bashing :)

Ok, I was joking and I will never do it again. Well never is kind of strong word.  WheelLog has been working for me ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fryman said:

Ok, I was joking and I will never do it again. Well never is kind of strong word.  WheelLog has been working for me ?

Fortunately you have one of the older versions. Just don't upgrade unless you've heard that the speed issue has been addressed.

I'm sure you'll do it again, someday :lol:

• Like 1

@Marty Backe, It seems you checked Gotway MCM checkbox in Wheel Settings. This option decrease all speeds and distances by 7/8, because Gotway uses controller for 16" wheel in 14" models. I don't remember in which exact version this option was added, but not in 2.0.9.

It can't affect KS and Inmo

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

@Marty Backe, It seems you checked Gotway MCM checkbox in Wheel Settings. This option decrease all speeds and distances by 7/8, because Gotway uses controller for 16" wheel in 14" models. I don't remember in which exact version this option was added, but not in 2.0.9.

@palachzzz my version is 2.0.4 without the MCM5 checkbox checked seems to read ~3-4 miles/hour lower on my KS14S.  Thanks

43 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

I'll try it again. Pretty sure that I had not checked that, but I certainly could be wrong. @Mark Lee seemed to indicated that his KingSong was off too.

8 hours ago, Mark Lee said:

@palachzzz my version is 2.0.4 without the MCM5 checkbox checked seems to read ~3-4 miles/hour lower on my KS14S.  Thanks

WheelLog shows those values of speed that the wheel transmits, without any transformations, except km to miles transformation (all wheels transmits values in metric system). 

How much battery percent was when you got 15 miles/h tiltback?

Also it may be connected to another WheelLog bug - it may set 25 km/h (~15 mi/h) tiltback speed at first run. Just check it in wheel settings, and adjust it if needed.

Edited by palachzzz
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

WheelLog shows those values of speed that the wheel transmits, without any transformations, except km to miles transformation (all wheels transmits values in metric system). 

How much battery percent was when you got 15 miles/h tiltback?

Also it could be connected to another WheelLog bug - it may set 25 km/h (~15 mi/h) tiltback speed at first run. Just check it in wheel settings, and adjust it if needed.

Thanks for the response, my tiltback setting is 40kmh.  Battery percent was 95-72%, sure feels faster than 15mph.  This version 2.0.4 is update from my original WheelLog.  When I first used it on my KS14S, with the original version, which I don't know the number for it.  It was accurate, tilting back around 18mph.  I need to check against the gps speedometer which I have not done yet.  Thanks again for your efforts, greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Mark Lee

1 hour ago, Mark Lee said:

my tiltback setting is 40kmh

Ks14 doesn't allow such speed setting - only 30km/h. I haven't implemented verification for KingSong yet.You need to set 30km/h tiltback speed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Ks14 doesn't allow such speed setting - only 30km/h. I haven't implemented verification for KingSong yet.You need to set 30km/h tiltback speed

Understood, since KS14S has builtin tiltback it's more for my Gotways.  Does it make difference if it's set above 30km/h?  Will try that thank you.

p.s.  If you visit Utah you will have a wheel to ride during your visit.

Edited by Mark Lee
  • Like 1