WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

On 6/7/2018 at 12:06 PM, Unventor said:

For me wheellog seems very stable on my Samsung Note 8. The Inmotion app in the other hand can't get any connection whatsoever. 

It has come to a point where I am starting to look for a new phone in smaller form factor. Ideally between 4.5"-5" the preference towards 4.5". I have yet to decide what to do.

I were toying with the idea to get a Samsung smartwatche but have dropped this due to wrist guards have priority. 

IOS devices are however a no go for my part. I am no fan of Apple's customer value view.

@Marty Backe recently mentioned the Jelly Phone as a small lightweight phone to strap on your wrist guards (in case Pebble stops working). Uber small.

+1000 on Apple and IOS.

3 hours ago, kelec_947 said:

Hi All ! I search the IOS Last version of Wheellog, have you a link ? Big big thanks !

WheelLog is Android only. For IOS the best option is DarknessBot.

25 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

@Marty Backe recently mentioned the Jelly Phone as a small lightweight phone to strap on your wrist guards (in case Pebble stops working). Uber small.

+1000 on Apple and IOS.

WheelLog is Android only. For IOS the best option is DarknessBot.

Will WheelLog works on Android 5.1.1? I have the OG Samsung Gear S that I about to auctions away but if full android can be installed in this then I might keep it ?

Edited by Kens

7 hours ago, Kens said:

Will WheelLog works on Android 5.1.1? I have the OG Samsung Gear S

Just try it...  

I have tried to run it on the Galaxy Gear 1 (first generation Samsung watch SM-V700) and it does not work - maybe due to the 320x320pix resolution, (gear S has 320x480) but in fact - big screen app will never look good on so small square/round screen - and LCD display has very bad visibility in the sunlight -- so as long as pebble works - get one and use it - this is by far the best display for outdoor use around. (especially Pebble Time and Pebble steel as those are color screens) also - Pebble is water proof and battery life is many times better than on LCD watch. 

Edited by Lukasz
  • Upvote 1

As the Ninebot Z10 will soon get into real world in large quantities - I would like to ask WheelLog developers to have a second look on the possibility of implementation of Ninebot communication protocol. This would help grow the group of WheelLog users !

I will be missing pebble A LOT when riding Ninebot Z series.....     Pebble support is the KEY feature of WheelLog - and Pebble screen is MUCH better visible VS i-watch in the bright sunlight, and many times better than any OLED/LED type display from inexpensive Chinese watches.  I have prepared new movie about Pebble use..

Edited by Lukasz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Do you reckon we could get the first post in this thread updated to provide a link to the latest version.

I've had to download this app a couple of times and always have to hunt through this thread backwards to find it.

I believe the latest version is 2.0.8 which was mentioned back on page 10 but it would be a lot eaiser if the first post were updated with a link directly.

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Do you reckon we could get the first post in this thread updated to provide a link to the latest version.

I've had to download this app a couple of times and always have to hunt through this thread backwards to find it.

I believe the latest version is 2.0.8 which was mentioned back on page 10 but it would be a lot eaiser if the first post were updated with a link directly.

I strongly  second that.   I have  2.09, but I can't find the download link anymore.

Please edit the first post and put the download link there for the latest version.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Thanks.

Oh, I probably should have mentioned @palachzzz by name so he (I assume he) would get a notification ;)

Edited by Slartibartfast

1 minute ago, WARPed1701D said:

It would likely require a mod to make the change. It would be better if it were in the files section. 

I'm sure Palachzzz could change it himself without the need for a moderator, but yes, if he's no longer around a moderator will be required. However Palachzzz did make a posting in this thread just a couple of weeks ago (May 19th), so hopefully he'll be able to make an update ;)

1 minute ago, WARPed1701D said:

Eventually even the OP cannot edit their post once enough time has passed. I found this out when I wanted to update my helmet review and the mods kindly did it for me. 

Oh, your right. Just took a look at my first post and yeah, there does indeed seem to be a 'honey moon' period for edits. I had no idea.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Oh, your right. Just took a look at my first post and yeah, there does indeed seem to be a 'honey moon' period for edits. I had no idea.

The longer you have been around the longer you get to edit posts, but eventually all is locked. 

10 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I haven't read through all pages, but why do you need to sideload the Wheellog app? Can't it be on the Google Play Store?

The version on the play store is the old one from @JumpMaster - since then where many updates, but "just" as apk's... 

38 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

So someone else took over the project but doesn't have the key files to actually update the app on the Play Store?

Yes

On 6/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, PotatoInside said:

anyone else having the issue where the wheellog app doesnt work until you run the kingsong app before hand?

i have a KS16S with an S9+ and the wheellog app never connects on its own properly

im an idiot, for some reason i thought the one on the play store was up to date, i downloaded the latest version (2018 05/12) and everything is working normally

• Like 2

On 6/8/2018 at 7:18 PM, PotatoInside said:

anyone else having the issue where the wheellog app doesnt work until you run the kingsong app before hand?

i have a KS16S with an S9+ and the wheellog app never connects on its own properly

Yes, at least with the Google Play version.
I have a ks14s and firm 1.08. It never connects before one of the two official ks apps

I'll try soon with the 2.08 of this thread or the 2.09 if it appears soon.

EDIT: Just saw you replied yourself, my apologies. Will update my app soon then. Thanks!

Edited by Struck

On 6/10/2018 at 1:33 PM, HermanTheGerman said:

I strongly  second that.   I have  2.09, but I can't find the download link anymore.

Please edit the first post and put the download link there for the latest version.

Found it:

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8311-wheellog-android-app/?do=findComment&comment=161926

@MacPara @palachzzz Hi guys! Awesome job! You are doing great work taking over the development of WheelLog.

Can I have a request? I just got KS-18L and since the KS didn't go the Gotway way and is actually reporting the correct voltage for this 84V model the app shows much higher battery percentage than it actually is. Could you fix that? Maybe make it calculate the battery % the same way as for Inmotion?

Cheers!

Ondra

V 2.09 - 2018.05.15- tested - installs OK -   

Edited by Lukasz
file quota limit reached - attachment deleted
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

can anyone upload this to somewhere else plz i keep getting this and it won't download 

Screenshot_20180613-232301.jpg

I had the same error with my Galaxy S9 until I did the following:

DOWNLOAD the new version to your local android device (don't try to install from the link).

UNINSTALL the previous version.

INSTALL the new version.

• Upvote 1