WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

FeedBack to Version 2.0.12:

Great job @palachzzz - WheelLog connects reliably with my V10F. :thumbup:

However, even though the Inmotion app shows all the km and km/h figures correctly WheelLog is a bit askew: The current km/h and Top Speed are shown correctly. The rest is way too high (My Total is only between 1100 and 1200 km!) - looks a bit funny :wacko:
2nu1192.png
23jmm54.png
9zytqg.png

Edit:
OK - i tried to home in on the problem a little: Immediately after connection is established the Total is correct:
wbuvwh.png

Then I pushed the wheel about 1 meter forward and backward three times:
2nsxsuq.png

Edited by Gunthor
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@palachzzz as the ks official app is quite inaccurate in km range and prediction of left range I did a rough app that helps me on the left range based on  battery voltage

But I'm not an app developer, so I have to input data manually.

If you think people will be interested to have such info in your app I can give you the math or the source 

Screenshot_2018-07-26-23-06-38-823_it.enrico.EUCrange.EUCrange.png

Edited by EricGhost

@EricGhost, why not use WheelLog? As far as I can see from your data - your wheel is KS-18L, in the last version I changed the calculation of the remaining percent just for this wheel, and according to the testers' experience, it lies not more than 2-5%. The problem of calculating the remaining distance can not be solved in the expression of remaining kilometers. Because the remaining distance depends on the speed, style of driving, slope, etc., and they may vary significantly on different sections of the road.

Also just several tips to your data: KS-18L has 14 Ah Capacity (1008 Wh), not marketing 1036Wh.
But total capacity can't be used, because this calculation (14Ah) only for case discharging to 2.5V per cell, but EUC doesn't allow such voltage for battery.
Discharge min voltage in reality is about 64-66 Volt (~62V under load) for KS-18L

But I would like to see your calculation formulas.

Edited by palachzzz

7 hours ago, palachzzz said:

@EricGhost, why not use WheelLog? As far as I can see from your data - your wheel is KS-18L, in the last version I changed the calculation of the remaining percent just for this wheel, and according to the testers' experience, it lies not more than 2-5%. The problem of calculating the remaining distance can not be solved in the expression of remaining kilometers. Because the remaining distance depends on the speed, style of driving, slope, etc., and they may vary significantly on different sections of the road.

Also just several tips to your data: KS-18L has 14 Ah Capacity (1008 Wh), not marketing 1036Wh.
But total capacity can't be used, because this calculation (14Ah) only for case discharging to 2.5V per cell, but EUC doesn't allow such voltage for battery.
Discharge min voltage in reality is about 64-66 Volt (~62V under load) for KS-18L

But I would like to see your calculation formulas.

Ok I did not know of your changes nor that wheellog was working with ks18L, so I kindly ask you if it can be improved.

I think the remaining % does not give  an useful information as the residual km, I’m 60% so what?

However to know that I can ride more or less 10km (or whatever) at 100% wheel performance it’s a better info

that I have 20km before being n the range on a critical %battery is also a good info

It’s true that this residual km range can change but you have the recently done Wh/km or you can insert your Wh/h

In my opinion even a couple of km error are better than a %

You are in a better position to compute because you can monitoring the used current which impact on the cells usage

My calculations quite sure were brutal compare to yours, now I’ll try with a log of yours plus your infos to see 

Edited by EricGhost
  • Like 1

@EricGhostRead, yes, it make sense. I was going to add about the same calculation system, but I have not yet done it.

Also I would like to propose some changes in your formulas. Actually you don't need real battery capacity, use relative characteristics. Also, you need to take voltage at zero current, and take discharge graph for the lowest possible current - 0.2C will be OK. 

4 hours ago, EricGhost said:

I think the remaining % does not give  an useful information as the residual km, I’m 60% so what?

Hmm..  yes, it is true, because if you have only this info it is tell nothing. But WheelLog have UserDistance  which user can reset when he want. I doing that every time when I charged EUC to 100%. Yes, it is not perfect, but as I understood, you need to put all this info every time, so my case is more easy. So if you know rode distance and current percents you can estimate remaining distance easily. But you can't calculate remaining distance in km for all people in the world. For example, I know guy who will ride only about 35 km on ~750 Wh battery, and know another guy who will ride about 50 km on this EUC with ~750 Wh battery. So each man have his own riding style and his own weight :) so it will be absolutely different results in this cases on one EUC.

Also, I know that my EUC mileage on one charge is 60-70 km depending on PSI in the tire. So if I know remaining percents, I know everything I need )

• Like 3

@palachzzz you’re right I have to input but because I cannot access the wheel data. What I have to input is start voltage and km and then      End voltage and km. But if I can read wheel Volt and total distance, I would push a button at start to memorize the Vstart and Kmstart and then after a while let us say every 5 or 10 min you can evaluate and update the current Wh/km and make predictions which will differ by person, drive style, kind of path but the person is the driver,  the currently driving style is in progress and the path is the current one, mountain,flatland,hillside,seaside....., so yes I can estimate remaining distance for all riders in the world, they do for cars tank fuel why not for battery? Yes discharge current can be tricky but I’m working on it, 2.8Ah to 3.5Ah is 30% difference the same % that trigger KS degraded behaviour

You have V(t)*I(t)=W(t) power function in time and the area described by the W(t) is the energy Wh that you have used to make your km range so far. Unfortunately a strong current I(t) reduce battery capacity so you loose more energy than your used one, but I think it can be managed

All other params are almost a constant. Anyhow now that I have your log file I’ll try to do it by accessing your file data ?

Edited by EricGhost

On 7/23/2018 at 4:23 AM, palachzzz said:

@Gunthor, thank you for bug report. I know about this issue with 2.2.x firmware V10F (it is work fine with 1.1.x firmware). I'm still working on fixing this bug.

All who installed version 2.0.12, please update to 2.0.13 and delete Downloads/WheelLog Logs/*.htm file (I forgot to disable debug on 2.0.12).

Version 2.0.13:
- readjusted battery meter for KS-18L (more realistic)
- about box with version in menu
- some proccessing fixes for Inmotion

WheelLog_22072018_2.0.13.apk

All we Korean EUC players give thanks to you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

In latest update there is avarage riding speed 

But the speed is not correct.

I used 2 different speed meters 

Speedometer and komoot. 

When komoot and speedometer goes 33km/h wheellog says 24km/h

Also when I drive slower the avarage goes up. 

Can you look into this? 

On 7/27/2018 at 10:23 PM, palachzzz said:

@EricGhostRead, yes, it make sense. I was going to add about the same calculation system, but I have not yet done it.

Also I would like to propose some changes in your formulas. Actually you don't need real battery capacity, use relative characteristics. Also, you need to take voltage at zero current, and take discharge graph for the lowest possible current - 0.2C will be OK. 

Hmm..  yes, it is true, because if you have only this info it is tell nothing. But WheelLog have UserDistance  which user can reset when he want. I doing that every time when I charged EUC to 100%. Yes, it is not perfect, but as I understood, you need to put all this info every time, so my case is more easy. So if you know rode distance and current percents you can estimate remaining distance easily. But you can't calculate remaining distance in km for all people in the world. For example, I know guy who will ride only about 35 km on ~750 Wh battery, and know another guy who will ride about 50 km on this EUC with ~750 Wh battery. So each man have his own riding style and his own weight :) so it will be absolutely different results in this cases on one EUC.

Also, I know that my EUC mileage on one charge is 60-70 km depending on PSI in the tire. So if I know remaining percents, I know everything I need )

Done! one click on my "Use WheelLog" and from your log files I got everything I need, thanks!

Screenshot.EUCrange.thumb.png.559b41864f9a3699659c7689cc5ca0f6.png

18650chargeDischarge-web.jpg

Edited by EricGhost

3 hours ago, Lars Heeneman said:

In latest update there is avarage riding speed 

But the speed is not correct.

I used 2 different speed meters 

Speedometer and komoot. 

When komoot and speedometer goes 33km/h wheellog says 24km/h

Also when I drive slower the avarage goes up. 

Can you look into this? 

Which wheel do you use?

Does your wheel have a bug with random lost km in total mileage? (I know some wheels with such bug one MSuperX, one Rockwheel GT16, and several old KS, in this case almost everything connected to distanse won't work correctly)

If not, you can send me logs I will look. (Logs when speed wasn't correct)

18 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Which wheel do you use?

Does your wheel have a bug with random lost km in total mileage? (I know some wheels with such bug one MSuperX, one Rockwheel GT16, and several old KS, in this case almost everything connected to distanse won't work correctly)

If not, you can send me logs I will look. (Logs when speed wasn't correct)

I ride with a monster and a acm both gotway 

Will send when I created some logs. 

19 hours ago, EricGhost said:

Done! one click on my "Use WheelLog" and from your log files I got everything I need, thanks!

Screenshot.EUCrange.thumb.png.559b41864f9a3699659c7689cc5ca0f6.png

18650chargeDischarge-web.jpg

Do you have a download link for the Eucrange app looks really good to analyze 

@Lars Heeneman As I wrote my app is customized for my phone graphic as I’m not professional developer, and because I cannot invest time on such an issue. I just wanted to build a math battery discharge model to predict the range based in  historical data.

Now the model (see post) integrates the V*I*dt=dWh thanks to the wheelLog logs and if there are high currents the penalty on the discharge batteries is taken into account. Today I tested it successfully I was few hundreds from my home when the degraded mode kicked in.

I asked if it could be implemented in wheelLog (in the end the batteries are a constant), the app will not be useful unless your phone is a 6” with a 1080x2160 1:2, but I can give you the android studio project I just need big email b cause it is 6mb zipped file.

Edited by EricGhost
  • Upvote 1

New to wheellog here. Does anyone know if there is a setting I'm missing to make wheellog give AUDIBLE warnings ON THE PHONE. I see vibrate and notifications on pebble, but not audible alarms on the phone. I ride with a Bluetooth A2DP headset. I don't own a pebble and won't feel the phone vibrations on the phone. It would be nice to be able to set different warnings based on the type of alert. Even pick my own audio file. Thanks. 

• Like 3

How does one activate the horn with the pebble watch?

I am able to sound the horn on my KS16s using the Kingsong app but am unable to do so through WheelLog.

I have the WheelLog app on my phone connected to both the Wheel and my Pebble however the best I can achieve with the watch is a mild buzzing sensation on my wrist when I hold the middle button for an extended period. Exactly what settings should I use to enable the horn? I currently have both "Voice" and "Media" enabled through the KS app but is seems no combination of connected devices/active components will enable WheelLog to sound the horn itself. Am I missing something?

Edited by Slartibartfast

8 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

How does one activate the horn with the pebble watch?

I am able to sound the horn on my KS16s using the Kingsong app but am unable to do so through WheelLog.

I have the WheelLog app on my phone connected to both the Wheel and my Pebble however the best I can achieve with the watch is a mild buzzing sensation on my wrist when I hold the middle button for an extended period. Exactly what settings should I use to enable the horn? I currently have both "Voice" and "Media" enabled through the KS app but is seems no combination of connected devices/active components will enable WheelLog to sound the horn itself. Am I missing something?

if you go to the wheel log app (swipe right) there's a setting in there to use horn and you can select Bluetooth speaker or kingsong  it's in watch settings on the wheel log app ? 

How can a person tell what version of Wheellog they are running? I see no indication in the app on my phone. It looks to me like 2.0.13 is the latest, but if I remember right, I had to load a special forked version of it to get my Pebble watch to hook up. Does 2.0.13 hook up to a Pebble correctly?

Ahh...never mind about the version #, I found it in Application Manager of Android. I'm still wondering if 2.0.13 works with the Pebble, though. I have 2.0.12 loaded, or some forked version of it. Is 2.0.13 worth loading? I'm riding a V10F.

Edited by kjon12

2 hours ago, kjon12 said:

How can a person tell what version of Wheellog they are running? I see no indication in the app on my phone. It looks to me like 2.0.13 is the latest, but if I remember right, I had to load a special forked version of it to get my Pebble watch to hook up. Does 2.0.13 hook up to a Pebble correctly?

Ahh...never mind about the version #, I found it in Application Manager of Android. I'm still wondering if 2.0.13 works with the Pebble, though. I have 2.0.12 loaded, or some forked version of it. Is 2.0.13 worth loading? I'm riding a V10F.

have you got the 2.0.12 version what works with pebble please,, a link or upload please ???

this is my version but i think it might be too old for my 84v msx

Screenshot_20180804-223827.jpg

9 minutes ago, stephen said:

have you got a link to it because I'm downloading a 2017 apk when theres a later 2018 app later on in the thread.. which is the latest thx ?

Scroll upwards in this thread from here to a post by John Kim on July 27.