On 2/25/2018 at 4:36 AM, EUCMania said:

Latest info and photos

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5557820572?red_tag=2105501544

Said by Ninebot reseller to be available around March 20 in CHina. We shall see.

The pics are interesting.

What looks like a decent seal system between the case and the cover, proper brass tapped inserts for the screws instead of just tapping into crappy plastic, a second seal around the board compartment, cellular stiffening of the case moulding ... looks really nicely made. Cant see how they are going to deal with cooling of the MOSFETS though and getting at the tyre valve looks like it might be a pain in the butt. 

Got to say it looks huge against the girl in the last photo but as she is asian she might just be tiny. 

• Like 1

On 2018-03-02 at 6:12 PM, Electroman said:

Yes! :D

Although I'm not in the US, if this wheel will deliver...

If it delivers on the promises, it will be the first wheel that may cause infidelity between me and my GT16... ;) 

• Like 2

+13 Celsius today !! (a week ago it was -13) 

Ninebot insiders - let us know please the status/availability information for Z10 - when it arrives to Europe???

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lukasz said:

+13 Celsius today !! (a week ago it was -13) 

Ninebot insiders - let us know please the status/availability information for Z10 - when it arrives to Europe???

Desperate for some news, myself. Need to see those reviews! 

3 hours ago, Confusius15 said:

Translation : "Answer from Ninebot Belgium : Late 2018"

Why???????????? Soooooooo??????????? Lateeeeeee????????:facepalm:

Do they not trust their design and want Chinese beta testers first?

Do they not want to sell?

What's wrong with these people?

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Why???????????? Soooooooo??????????? Lateeeeeee????????:facepalm:

Do they not trust their design and want Chinese beta testers first?

Do they not want to sell?

What's wrong with these people?

I talked to Jason on Friday. He was telling me it looks like 2 to 3 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

I talked to Jason on Friday. He was telling me it looks like 2 to 3 months.

That would put it around may/June . Not too bad . But I’m sssuning the 18L should be out around that time too. So many good wheels this year ! It’s exciting!

• Like 1

I doubt if anyone has a test as useful as Marty's hill-of-doom that he's shown in reviews of his wheels.  That hill seems to reliably cause wheels to exceed their thermal threshold and therefore provides a good measuring stick.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Ninebot have tentatively promised to provide a pre-production Z10 sample next month, working with KS for a 18L sample, & Inmotion for the V10. The problem with Florida, is that there's no proper 'proving' grounds with the completely flat topography. Thinking about having all the new Wheels shipped directly to LA & doing a shoot-out at Griffith park with @Marty Backe, @abinder3  @JKLINE, @YoshiSkySun & anyone else in the area who might be interested ;) 

I'm certainly up for that. You can have the Z10 sent directly to me and I can pre-test it on my mountain proving grounds :)

If you really do come out here I can certainly setup a nice ride for all of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Ninebot have tentatively promised to provide a pre-production Z10 sample next month, working with KS for a 18L sample, & Inmotion for the V10. The problem with Florida, is that there's no proper 'proving' grounds with the completely flat topography. Thinking about having all the new Wheels shipped directly to LA & doing a shoot-out at Griffith park with @Marty Backe, @abinder3  @JKLINE, @YoshiSkySun & anyone else in the area who might be interested ;) 

BTW, if you really want to 'test' the wheel, we need to go to the real mountain proving grounds, near me. Not Griffith park. Of course we can also go to Griffith Park, but I would strongly suggest this other mountain range too. Steeper and longer hills, rough terrain, smooth terrain, highly technical switchbacks, etc. 15 to 20 miles worth.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm certainly up for that. You can have the Z10 sent directly to me and I can pre-test it on my mountain proving grounds :)

If you really do come out here I can certainly setup a nice ride for all of us.

Got anywhere with some decent mud? California is a bit dry, so that’s one aspect you might miss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kael said:

Got anywhere with some decent mud? California is a bit dry, so that’s one aspect you might miss. 

Very true. We have lots of mud right now (raining this weekend - my world is upside down :crying:). I've ridden a few times on muddy trails and now avoid it - challenging but not a lot of fun.

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very true. We have lots of mud right now (raining this weekend - my world is upside down :crying:). I've ridden a few times on muddy trails and now avoid it - challenging but not a lot of fun.

Yeah, it can be a right pain, but unless we’re at the height of summer in the UK, the ground is usually somewhere between “a bit damp” and “a bloody quagmire”, so I have been wondering how a 4” wide tyre might cope. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

with the completely flat topography

that’s why florida is the perfect market for wheels. think “the villages” del webb sun city center. these communities have been using electric transportation before u were born. called golf carts. special rules and laws for these. maybe even miami has these communities. with all the “ahem” seasoned humans on this forum, might be a big market for these and get some kind of laws that allow these. 

beazer homes which is uk based has been talking to me about a 4 story 55+ condo project but they are bottom feeders. they have a product in orlando, lake nona called the gatherings. i figure if i can learn to ride them without a scratch, 55 year old babies can.

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The wheels should all be shipped to New Zealand, so that I can try them for you on Baldwin Street...

Interesting that Ninebot team mentions this same street in their developer diary while testing their new Ninebot One and Ninebot Mini:

What is the concept of 20 degree slope? Let's come to science:

The steepest road in the world

Baldwin Street is a street in New Zealand's southern city of Dunedin and is known as the steepest street in the world. North East Valley)。 Located 3.5 kilometers northeast of the city center, it belongs to the North East Valley in Dunedin.

Baldwin Street is a short, straight street about 350 meters long.  It starts from the valley of Lindsey Creek and heads east along Signal Hill. The lower section of the surface is bituminous and has an average slope. However, the cul-de-sac higher section is much steeper, and the surface is concrete. There are two reasons to cover it with concrete: one is for ease of maintenance (in this slope warmer Asphalt will flow off the slope during the day.  The second is the safety during winter frosts.  The slope at the steepest point of Baldwin Street is about 1:2.86 (19° or 35%), ie, every 2.86 metres, the height rises by 1 meter.

154238bhzvok7ummrsk1xm.jpg

137253360646613099.jpg (252.12 KB, 下载次数: 39) 137253360646613099.jpg (252.12 KB, Downloads: 39)

下载附件 保存到相册 Download attachments saved to album

2016-3-10 15:42 上传 2016-3-10 15:42 Upload

154238nzp66r3j16afcocr.jpg

329540720821994071.jpg (206.62 KB, 下载次数: 40) 329540720821994071.jpg (206.62 KB, Download number: 40)

下载附件 保存到相册 Download attachments saved to album

2016-3-10 15:42 上传 2016-3-10 15:42 Upload

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Interesting that Ninebot team mentions this same street in their developer diary while testing their new Ninebot One and Ninebot Mini:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) Dunedin is on the South Island of New Zealand (and I live on the North Island). So it isn't that easy to pop down and try it out.

At some stage though I am sure there will be a road trip to the South Island (via ferry), which means wheels will be along for the ride. And then it is just a matter of having a crack (on video, of course). I don't hold out much hope though - particularly if it is after a Fat Unicyclist lunch, there might be a bit much weight on board to make it to the top.

And actually, I would be worried if it did, because coming back down would be probably the scariest thing to do on an EUC.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Man you guys have all of the fun. If you really want to test out the new wheels come to the old Dana auto proving grounds. I will even plant a couple of palm trees to make everyone feel at home.;) 

http://www.mitrp.com/vehicle-testing-courses.php

25866599437_645322afe5_b.jpg

38927206360_3163ce15a3_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i think it is a legal issue thing. the one z will be marketed as off road.

i started working at a golf course 50 plus years ago. there was one golf cart, pargo brand, it was numbered180, and it would do about 25 mph, nobody knew why. most of the carts went about 12 mph. u wouldn’t want golf carts doing 25mph. we never rented it, just kept it around for ranger type purposes. 

i was just at the outlet mall and some woman security guard was on some sort of three wheeled segway thing. in that environment with pedestrians, u don’t want speed. if that security guard runs into somebody, simon will get sued.

i just think segway has more skin in the game. u plug in ur king song or gotway and it burns ur house down and somebody dies or seriously injured. r u gonna sue kingsong ot gotway?

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 1