1 hour ago, Mono said:

22kg is out of my league, I am saddened:crying:

Too much for me too...:crying:

I primary use EUC and Segway mini Pro  for commuting with bus and metro... and even if it will have the trolley like the most part of the latest EUC, will come the moment where you'll have to lift it in order to afford stairs or to get in a bus:rolleyes:

P.S. my actual 18" Solowheel Xtreme is 12,8Kg and Segway MiniPro is the same. ..B)

• Upvote 2

I am currently debating if I want to take my KS-16s to the gym and it weighs 17.4kg. I have to carry it up 4 stories of narrow stairs. This gym is one of the main reasons I have lighter wheels.

But outside these scenarios where you are forced to carry up a lot of stairs I think 22kg could be ok for me.

Edited by electricpen

56 minutes ago, electricpen said:

If you start lifting weights and doing steroids starting now you probably will be able to carry it around no problem by the time anyone outside china gets one :P

I know, though it's not so much that I can't carry 22kg, but that I don't want to. And, as significant, I don't want to have 22kg at any speed above zero between my legs, unless it's a motorbike. It's just me, and I don't like 250kg motorbikes so much either.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, electricpen said:

I am currently debating if I want to take my KS-16s to the gym and it weighs 17.4kg. I have to carry it up 4 stories of narrow stairs. This gym is one of the main reasons I have lighter wheels.

But outside these scenarios where you are forced to carry up a lot of stairs I think 22kg could be ok for me.

Wow, that sounds like a great warmup, not carrying the wheel, but just walking up 4 stories to get to the gym.  If you did carry the wheel up 4 stories, that would be a pretty good workout by itself, just change hands each flight of stairs.  It would be like a farmers carry, both up and down.:thumbup:  If I tried that, if I made it to the top, I would probably rest for a few minutes, turn around and go home.  Workout done!

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's weird - he's like not even pedaling... just timing it and rolling with momentum I think.  :blink:  Maybe the upward and forward bouncing are helping?  I'd like to see someone try that on the new Ninebot One Z!

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You don't need to go to the gym.  Just carry around your wheels!

maxresdefault.jpg

With the large tire and heavy duty trolley handle, I bet you could just roll it up stairs on it's own power.  Or maybe ride up the stairs... :blink:

Hey, that's one of the buff dudes, did you photoshop the left arm and shoulder to look smaller?  The smaller arm looks like mine:facepalm:  Either that or he injured himself somehow.

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tomek said:

some more pics, borrowed from here https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-unicycle-hoverboard-news/ninebot-one-z-models-and-ninebot-no-9-at-beijing-segway-store/

NINEBOT-ONE-Z10.jpg ninebotONE-Z.jpgNINEBOT-ONE-Z8.jpgNINEBOT-ONE-Z6.jpg

whether the fat tire's practical or not, time will show. but it looks badass. I want!

(on the second pic, btw. you can see that it has a "sharp" profile, perhaps especially made to make it as manoeuvrable as the regular EUC tires)

Great! - Thank You for the photos. 

I see following issues with this design:

• no side lights - when I approach the street crossing on my KS16S now - I do not need to worry that drivers will "unnotice" my red and blue (well known colors for drivers) side lights... especially in the afternoon/evening
  • I wonder how this nice handle will look after first tumble crash ....  also the mud flap... will it stay or fly away?
  • lower part of the handle "kickstand" may not look so good after a few too slow jumps down from higher curbs...
  • there is no easy way to open pedals by kicking them (something i really like in the Kingsong KS16S...)

What I would like to see as useful in this design:

• ability to climb higher curbs / pass through bigger holes
  • comfort of the ride on cobblestones etc
  • strong front light (nicely placed higher)
  • torque of the 1800W motor
  • speed (but this is secondary matter - I think that 35 km/h is already quite enough..) 

Anyway - I need to see it / ride it / review it ASAP - can You please Ninebot EU guys let us know if You are going to show Z series on IFA in Berlin please?

Edited by Lukasz
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Hey, that's one of the buff dudes, did you photoshop the left arm and shoulder to look smaller?  The smaller arm looks like mine:facepalm:  Either that or he injured himself somehow.

That's just a Google photo someone photoshopped.  The blur gives it away.  It does look like it's possible to ride up under power with a larger wheel.  Has anyone tried climbing stairs by timing their jumps just right?  @Sidestreet Reny @EUC Extreme @Jonathan Tolhurst @Hirsute

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Great! - Thank You for the photos. 

I see following issues with this design:

• no side lights - when I approach the street crossing on my KS16S now - I do not need to worry that drivers will "unnotice" my red and blue (well known colors for drivers) side lights... especially in the afternoon/evening
  • I wonder how this nice handle will look after first tumble crash ....  also the mud flap... will it stay or fly away?
  • lower part of the handle "kickstand" may not look so good after a few too slow jumps down from higher curbs...
  • there is no easy way to open pedals by kicking them (something i really like in the Kingsong KS16S...)

What I would like to see as useful in this design:

• ability to climb higher curbs / pass through bigger holes
  • comfort of the ride on cobblestones etc
  • strong front light (nicely placed higher)
  • torque of the 1800W motor
  • speed (but this is secondary matter - I think that 35 km/h is already quite enough..) 

Anyway - I need to see it / ride it / review it ASAP - can You please Ninebot EU guys let us know if You are going to show Z series on IFA in Berlin please?

I was wondering if the side panels are real carbon fibre, and whether Ninebot was inspired by @SuperSport who was [among?] the first to sport the aesthetic.

I think the handle looks very robust, but wish it were integrated and recessed into the chassis. However, I can understand why it is an option to save weight and bulk.

The side panels look easy enough to remove, and may allow user-level access to the battery packs. Win!

As for the 22kg weight, the booth babe below doesn't seem to mind. :D

NBZ.jpeg

Edited by litewave

52 minutes ago, litewave said:

I was wondering if the side panels are real carbon fibre, and whether Ninebot was inspired by @SuperSport who was [among?] the first to sport the aesthetic.

I think the handle looks very robust, but wish it were integrated and recessed into the chassis. However, I can understand why it is an option to save weight and bulk.

The side panels look easy enough to remove, and may allow user-level access to the battery packs. Win!

As for the 22kg weight, the booth babe below doesn't seem to mind. :D

NBZ.jpeg

The cute model holding the wheel must be very tiny or the wheel is very large. Just add a neck, some frets and strings and it would resemble a cello.....a very cool cello!

5 hours ago, steve454 said:

Wow, that sounds like a great warmup, not carrying the wheel, but just walking up 4 stories to get to the gym.  If you did carry the wheel up 4 stories, that would be a pretty good workout by itself, just change hands each flight of stairs.  It would be like a farmers carry, both up and down.:thumbup:  If I tried that, if I made it to the top, I would probably rest for a few minutes, turn around and go home.  Workout done!

I did, in fact, take my KS-16s to the gym and carried it up the stairs. Not too bad, I think I'm ready for the Z10! :lol:

If that's 22kg, it's a killer for me too.

I was really hoping they could do something lighter than ms3. I am already dying taking my 19kg ms3 up 3 floors.

I guess I am back to waiting for inmotion's 18 inches, provided Europe does not experience the US price hike.

9 minutes ago, Slaughthammer said:

The first one has a frequency of some 6 to 25kHz, depending on the manufacturer. The second one has a frequency of 0-500Hz, depending on the present speed. So what happens if you feed this to some coils?

I see. What are the relevant implications from this, we should be keeping in mind?

7 hours ago, em1barns said:

I was really hoping they could do something lighter than ms3. I am already dying taking my 19kg ms3 up 3 floors.

I guess I am back to waiting for inmotion's 18 inches, provided Europe does not experience the US price hike.

KS16S with 840Wh battery and 1200W motor, integrated handle, lights, loudpeakers and side lights is 17,2 kg...  it would be really bad design if the newest  most advanced design of the high budget company with 1000wh  battery would be 22kg...   this 18 inch size comes from the baloon type tire and wider rim, so wheel rim diameter is probably similar to 16 inch type. baloon type tire, 12-14 pcs of cells more and wider rim should not weight 5kg extra...

My guess is that 1000wh model should be below 20 kg if well designed....  in fact in 18-19 kg range without the handle... 

Anyway - NINEBOT EU guys - please be active and tell us if You will show Z series on IFA fairs in Berlin in two weeks.?

7 hours ago, em1barns said:

7 minutes ago, Lukasz said:

KS16S with 840Wh battery and 1200W motor, integrated handle, lights, loudpeakers and side lights is 17,2 kg...  it would be really bad design if the newest  most advanced design of the high budget company with 1000wh  battery would be 22kg...   this 18 inch size comes from the baloon type tire and wider rim, so wheel rim diameter is probably similar to 16 inch type. baloon type tire, 12-14 pcs of cells more and wider rim should not weight 5kg extra...

My guess is that 1000wh model should be below 20 kg if well designed....  in fact in 18-19 kg range without the handle... 

Anyway - NINEBOT EU guys - please be active and tell us if You will show Z series on IFA fairs in Berlin in two weeks.?

I would find 22kg very realistic...

My KS18S with 128cells 1680wh weights 23 kg, my Msuper V3 with 96 cells weights 20kg

A KS18 with 64cells 840wh weights 19,5kg

The Z10 with 80 cells and a much bigger rim and a much beefier ballon tire for sure Comes over 20kg...from Looks i would guess 25kg!

While i dont care if a wheel is 17 or 25kg, as Long as there is a trolley to push it around. Ok, if you are over 2.floor and no Elevator....you are screwed ;-)

When the video for this wheel popped up on Speedy Feet's Youtube channel it certainly gave me the wow factor.  I love my Ninebot One and here we have a new super wide-tired long range beast heading our way.  Then I quickly noticed the Segway branding and knew immediately that I would never buy this.  The products themselves are great, but with the support staff (at least in the USA) being so confused and factually incorrect about their products, ignorant, arrogant and badly organised I just won't buy anything with the Segway stamp on it again unless they sort their ____ out in the future.  I wish Ninebot hadn't bought Segway and inherited the Segway staff with the company.