24 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You're right, and I know what you mean, but technically:

41051.jpg

41052.jpg

No problems with Winter! :wub::wub::wub:

Real question, why so late if they announced it now and it seems to be done!

I have yet to have a Winter experience.

Aside from bundling up and going slower, I can expect a similar ride.

Sidewalks are cleared often in the city, although ice conditions are a concern.

Why later? Must be production.

Just now, meepmeepmayer said:

Only thing I'm worried about in Winter is road salt (and hard ice, of course). Riding on snow is wonderfully easy, snow has a lot of grip.

Wonder why production takes so long to ramp up, if they already have production lines fo the Mini variants.

I think they have a hit with the Z series, given the brand, the enhancements, the choices, and pricing.

Competition would be hampered or diminished.

Also an emerging market will increase sales.

It also helps to build up anticipation.

It's a strategy that's worked well for Apple and Samsung.

The Z future looks promising and exciting.

26 minutes ago, xebeche said:

It does seem that he managed to found a serious hole in that grass, one that even that huge wheel could not compensate for :)

The Monster would have rolled right over it ;). Probably ^_^

On 8/25/2017 at 11:51 PM, Slaughthammer said:

Can you please share, how that went for you? Is there that much clearance in the shell that the bigger tire just fits in, or did you have to modify the shell?

(2.5" wheel in a KS-16S)

No, not enough room. Had to both hacksaw the shell for width, and bolt the shell higher at the motor arms for height.

I'm writing reviews on this and other mods, I'm just taking my time...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rocky Romero said:

Not feeling confident or drooling with these tests.

I disagree. The first video was fantastic and show the the Z wheel has some respectable speed. The second video looked like total rider error, like his feet slid off the pedals.

It's cool that somebody is posting these "behind the scenes" videos, if that's what they are.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

That is one problem with riding in grass, there are plenty of holes, ridges, and troughs that get covered.  The guy rushing over in the last video, I think the wheel may have had a problem, but that was definitely rider error or just accident on the stairs.  

If we have to wait so long to see a real one tested in the real world by a real customer, I'm glad they are releasing the behind the scenes footage.  

I thought the guy rushing over might have been an engineer checking the wheel for damage.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, houseofjob said:

More Ninebot One Z testing / drool material: 

18 hours ago, steve454 said:

I thought the guy purposely let it fall in the second video, to test durability.  The wheel looked fine after it was picked up.

19 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I disagree. The first video was fantastic and show the the Z wheel has some respectable speed. The second video looked like total rider error, like his feet slid off the pedals.

It's cool that somebody is posting these "behind the scenes" videos, if that's what they are.

@Marty Backe is correct. The speed test video seems like their first attempt reaching 40 km/h already, which made they kinda a little bit surprised since the rider didn't put much effort. Second attempt trying to get to 45 km/h but failed. Could be because of the distance or those pedestrians around the path.

The field test video was totally about the rider getting bumped down from the wheel unintentionally.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

i said it before and again:

this tire wont give you much fun in the "wild" , as it is much to bumpy and wide...the second video shows that perfect...my guess

Maybe, maybe not. The whole second clip was clumsy and not very useful, other than as a blooper or outtake. Some of the bounciness could be reduced by increasing tyre pressure and better technique. Besides, I'm hoping for a field test by @Marty Backe and crew into Chino Hills and the San Gabriel Mountains before passing judgment on real off-road performance. :D

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 2