(New) Gotway " Extreme Bull " Commander leaked datasheet

stephen

Back to topic:

Not expect anything form e-rides they "reviews" is joke mostly time. But i like this motor sound. Sad is CST knobby choice Wrongway(Adam) say is not good compare to kenda knobby because turn behavior because diferent center patern on CST knobby.(i talk about use on street/asphalt)

I hope in some incline or overheat test in near future and range test too.

Well say in this video no real reson buy C30 version over sherman but C38 have potencial fill market gap for riders like me who want torque sherman version.(I personaly not ride over 30Mph all season speed limit set to 43km/h on sheerman is enouch for me) 

14 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

I can confirm this, it was a HS/C30 type. Begode just received his machine back for evaluation, of course there was the immediate deflection response of 'it's just this one machine, here's a video showing 68MPH under no-load'...  

We told our shipping agent to hold sending 2x HSs out until BG have a satisfactory explanation. Marty has received a HT/C38, with caution about the earlier cut-out event on the HS.   

1064977100_BGCommanderCBRS.jpg.3f9a9088b71e8d8cb21c127edd5921b2.jpg

Did the control board actually fail or was it a cutout that allowed him to continue riding?

What is the legality if Kuji or one day another rider dies from a cut out?

Loss of control, fall under the wheels of a bus/truck, recorded by surveillance video..

Is the liability on the overseas Chinese manufacturer?

Is the importer deemed to be liable? 

Installing battery packs custom manufactured to specifications may be taking on the onus of product liability...

18 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Is the liability on the overseas Chinese manufacturer?

Haha good one!

18 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Installing battery packs custom manufactured to specifications may be taking on the onus of product liability...

But you do have a point with that one...especially if it is deemed the fault was to do with the packs... :ph34r:

On 10/10/2021 at 9:13 PM, mrelwood said:

EUC rumor generator addendum:

I was told that ______ (add simply any piece of fiction that reflects your hopes or fears, or for example something that you think might be harmful for anyone).

Elvis, Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie are living privately on a hacienda in the Amazon. The Brazilian Army shoots down any unknown aircraft in the region.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 9:56 AM, Jason McNeil said:

I can confirm this, it was a HS/C30 type. Begode just received his machine back for evaluation, of course there was the immediate deflection response of 'it's just this one machine, here's a video showing 68MPH under no-load'...  

We told our shipping agent to hold sending 2x HSs out until BG have a satisfactory explanation. Marty has received a HT/C38, with caution about the earlier cut-out event on the HS.   

1064977100_BGCommanderCBRS.jpg.3f9a9088b71e8d8cb21c127edd5921b2.jpg

My life and my personal well being are too important to trust the promises of a manufacturer with known quality issues. I don't need to go 5.3 KPH faster than my riding buddies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Hmm... Interesting to hear Marty's concern about the high temperature of the wheel. The same concern is hinted in this video (watch about 13:40) even before the ride:

Edited by That Guy
  • Like 1

Fan in ExBull is +- joke and here is my opinion:

I think fan si here becasue front lights.

That 2 powerfull LED light generate strong/big/extreme heat in "almost" closed space.

Sherman have  2 active Fans not make good job cooling control board anyway ,mutch more important is airflow when ride for sucesfully cooling my sherman V2.

V11 frontlight need cooling too.

Sherman light is realy hot after longer time ON ,and have unlimited airflow and case/box made like cooler.

• Like 1

I have similar thoughts to DjPanJan.

After looking at Marty's first ride with lights on and EUC Upgrade breakdown. It would appear the only air intake for the control board are some miniscule holes on the bottom outside edges of the headlight housing. There is your problem.

Kuji is a lightweight but he rides hard. Maybe an overheated control board caused his cut-off.

The headlight housing appears separate from the shell halves so maybe a fix is just a simple redesign of a small part where the headlight heat is vented and the air intake for the control board is separated from the air cooling the lights.

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 1

When the headlights are on, will the fan blow air heated by the LEDs onto the board?

The commander heatsink is beefy and should get plenty of airflow from the wheel well however when riding at speed.
You're right @div I recall the teardown and it doesn't get any airflow from anywhere, my bad.
Seems like an obvious design flaw. We know that Shermans which air duct gets obstructed overhead consistently: this is basically the Commander's design  :facepalm:

There's no doubt the controller will handle a  lot of amps to make this heavy wheel responsive.
It's concerning if the High Torque version would run hot.. then imagine the high speed one.

It's speculation for now tho, but this is clearly not promising.
What's pretty bad is the fan noise already. Sherman is a lot better here.

Edited by supercurio
Cross wrong statement regarding the heatsink & wheel well.

There would be people who don't read forums like this, and buy a Commander, unaware of such serious safety design flaws.

Do distributors have a duty of care to not stock or sell products that they know to very likely fail at a low threshold?

Self interest alone would be a good reason, to not have to deal with warranty claims, associated costs, extremely annoyed customers, etc.

Seems farcical that after so many years of manufacturing experience, such simple, obvious design flaws need to be discovered and pointed out by others.

Seems the new name badge Extreme Bull is an attempt to disassociate from the well deserved Gotway/Begode reputation of poor quality, poor safety.

Normal riding in countries with a warm climate might be enough for a cutout, let alone pushing a wheel to higher performance.

• Like 1

Hmm...tbf, any reasonable spill on a sherman is likely to damage/break the front/rear lights as well as the top cover/shell despite the roll bar being present (which also get mangled to boot). This exact scenario happened to a sherman I replaced the bms on recently. So its not like the roll bar really does much imo, it simply isnt strong enough to contain the weight of a tumbling sherman. It is however perfect for attaching a seat/accessories.

I do however agree with the concerns over the Commanders cooling. The inlet/outlet ports appear woefully small. Truth be told I would like to see larger ones even on the Sherman. That said, until further testing is done on the Commander I am not sure I can pass judgement.

One thing is for sure, cramming 3600Wh into a Sherman form factor peaks my interest. The Monster is just too big for riders like myself so the Commander has potential to be a winner on this front. And as has been said, having the torque option really does fill a gap for those who want Monster range, Sherman form factor and MSP HT torque.

I will also reserve judgement on the Commander buzzer, yes its in a daft place but the design itself could potentially be very loud, possibly even louder than a Sherman by the time it reaches the riders ears.

But in all, yes I can see some cooling mods being done on the Commander with the careful applications of Mr Dremel and Mrs Drill!

• Like 3

Despite ECU Upgrade emphasising replacing the headlights or speakers will require disassembling everything, the housings look like separate units that may be removable without splitting the shell halves. If not, drilling a hole between the lights towards the top of the light housing may be a simple fix for ventilation. In fact, if you look closely at an image posted here earlier it does seem to have an air vent there. Somewhere between design and production it was left out 5239453e8fa608b3f532545d884b9406.jpg

Edited by DavidB