(New) Gotway " Extreme Bull " Commander leaked datasheet

@Jason McNeilBegode and Extreme Bull seem to be different companies, with EB being a Begode outgrowth and now offering the Commander as their first own wheel. Can you tell more about that? Is your EB and BG contact the same? How much are these two companies separate or the same? I was wondering, as you call it the Begode Commander on ewheels.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

On 8/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm getting the impression Gotway have to rename their company a lot, first Begode, now Extreme Bull? I wonder what's going on there.

Known QC issues. This won't help in the least.

If BeGode-Gotway are spinning off a new line, please focus on quality and durability.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:07 PM, GothamMike said:

So many QC issues at Begode. 

Too true ... I see quite a few of their wheels that I really like but I wont even take them into consideration because of their past quality and safety issues. I charge my wheel both at home and at work, if it caused a fire in either place the consequences would be absolutely catastrophic. They will need  to have a track record of documented improvements and three years without any major incidents before I would consider buying a Gotway/Begode.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 10:10 AM, mhpr262 said:

"Extreme Bull", dear god they couldnt manage to come up with a more unfortunate name, could they? This will make everyone complete the name as "extreme bullshit" in their heads.

I'm just amazed it took a page and a half of comments before I got to this one. I thought this wheel was satire to start with!

• Like 3

Ewheels might possibly be exposing itself directly for product/public liability if a BG still manages to self ignite, burns down a house or kills sleeping occupants.

The Portland, Oregon incident of BG self ignition, after three days dormant, at night with occupants asleep.....was it ever determined what was the cause?

BG fire in shipping container, BG fire in car trunk (Poland?), unknown brand fire destroying Euco warehouse.

Taking on onus of QC from BG because BG are not trustworthy....not sure if that is reassuring or the opposite....

Looks like the handle openings (sorry for the rusty english) in the back and front are a bit too narrow. You are supposed to lift the commander sherman-style by putting your hands through those openings under the handles. Looks like they are too narrow for a comfortable all-fingers grip. This could be a painful design blunder.

• Like 1

Good weight for those massive batteries, seems like a pretty decent wheel, also very cool if it's really 65kmh on the HT model. I'm wondering about waterproof it is, the charge cover on top doesn't look great I could see it coming loose which would really suck if it's raining.

Much more attractive than the Abrams IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

There are two models? HT and HS?

Yes check out the EUCO preorder page.

https://www.euco.us/products/begode-commander-electric-unicycle

commander.png

• Like 1

This is a poor Sherman clone. I’m going to poo-poo this wheel off the line…

The lift handles don’t look at all comfortable. Those edges are going to dig into your hands carrying something this heavy at 80 lbs. And not to mention durability issues as there is a seam running down the centre of the handles. No lift button like Sherman.

Seals around the charge port need to be close tight otherwise the the ports will be submerged in their own little swimming pool when it rains. Makes more sense for the ports to be in the rear, and have the speakers facing upwards, at the very least with sound directed towards the buttocks and up to your ears than behind it.

The headlights aren’t adjustable and modular. The rear lights aren’t even proper rear lights.

Top speed, nothing new here. High torque version might be a good option for long-range off-road riding, if 8-hour trail riding is your thing.

LCD display is too cluttered and need Gotway app to change settings. How does the display fair in bright sunlight?

So for $500 more than Sherman, you get 12.5% more battery, some $5 LED strips and $10 speakers, and worse ergonomics.

Edited by Mango
  • Like 1