(New) Gotway " Extreme Bull " Commander leaked datasheet

On 8/13/2021 at 9:05 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

It's always the same company, just different brands.

Started with Kebye (company) and Gotway (Kebye's brand for EUCs). Then for some reason they renamed both company and brand to Begode (this happened right after some Gotway Kebye employees left to form their own rival company LeaperKim with its Veteran brand of EUCs).

The company Begode also released a crazy e-scooter under the "Extreme Bull" brand. Now the company Begode seems to release a EUC under the Extreme Bull brand (the Commander). Who knows what will happen to their Begode brand - either it's dead, or they just run two brands in parallel for whatever reason.

No mysteries here, other than why they keep renaming themselves;)

I've found that Chinese companies can often making some good products but they are just terrible at marketing 😂

• Like 1

@houseofjobWow, fantastic info, thank you! Where did you get it if I may ask:efefd0f676:

10 hours ago, houseofjob said:

The story apparently is, one of Lin's relatives that designed the Extreme Bull K4 scooter, is branching out as a separate company, now coming out with the Commander EUC (not a begode/Gotway product). Apparently this was the same case when Veteran launched, another Lin relative.

Holy moly! That explains the tons of wheels coming from gotway - it's not just Gotway anymore! So Extreme Bull seems to be Veteran #2, so to speak. They really must have had some disagreements at Gotway how to manage their company (or, less dramatic, just had some different opinions).

So the Hero is a new Begode/Gotway wheel, and the Commander is a new Extreme Bull wheel. Funny how it is quite similar to the Sherman, which is also a "we left from Gotway to build our own wheel" design!

Exciting news! Do you know if this a hard split or two companies maybe using the same facilities/resources and it's like 1.5 companies in reality?

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Easy answer, you can see the similarity between Gotway and Veteran Shermona parts alone, down to the BT module. Almost guarantee you all the Gotway offshoots are same  suppliers.

I meant whether it is a completely independent company (never mind the suppliers might be the same) or if they maybe share production (e.g. same battery packs, assembled in the same place, something like that) if it was an amicable split.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, houseofjob said:

I'm not sure why Gotway switched to begode for the international market (guessing a trademark thing), but I've heard they're sticking with Gotway still in the domestic China market (unless something's changed of late).

Newer Begode wheels have 'Begode' stamped on parts like the motor (in place of where it used to say 'Gotway'), and there was talk/pictures of Begode employees in China wearing something with Begode logos. Consequently there was some discussion that they may have changed to Begode everywhere, not just outside China.

(If only these companies could maintain a proper, up-to-date website with a section for press-releases..)

Edited by AtlasP

• 2 weeks later...

Any reason you'd choose the Abrahms over this? This has 900 more wh and is signifigantly lighter if the stats are to be believed. It also comes in a high torque version which I want. I also don't like the new design of the abrahms that much. I think the commander looks nicer, more similar to the boxy looking Sherman which i like. 

The only advantages i see for the Abrahms are the 2 inch bigger wheel, and that it has tubless tires. But it doesn't seem worth the downsides. Im excided to see this commander get tested.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 3

I like the last shot showing white light in front and red light back.
This is what we are supposed to have as positioning light 👍🏻

Would trade the back speakers for braking light any time though. Very Gotway to drop back light for exposed speakers.

Edited by div

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

60mph/100kph for the HS, says erides

That's what I'm talking about!!! That thing looks cool as hell too. I can't decide if I like how the s20 or the commander looks more.

So the specs for this wheel says LG M50T cells, but on Ewheels.com it says it uses their improved battery with Samsung 50E cells. Does this mean Ewheels is swapping out the standard battery for their own? From what I've read the Samsung cells are much longer lasting and overall better cells, so I'd prefer them. If it's only Ewheels swapping them out that's too bad because I'm not in the USA.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie