New Veteran "Abrams" 22-inch Wheel

xiiijojjo

Thisis why i always prefer opinions from Mr.Hagof ,Adam (wrongway), And MR. Backe.

over

E-rides etc(i mean e-shop content) where is everything awesome great perfect unique.

Dont understand me wrong i love e-rides and other chanels content about EUC disasemblys videos opinions etc.

But for real buy opinion is first 3 names in this post primal source becasue i never make bad decision folowed this "holy" trio.  

About abrams time tell i was very sceptical about sherman but after they make sherman V2 i am happy owner this euc this mean abrams V2 still can be my next euc.

In next 5 months many things can change.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Thisis why i always prefer opinions from Mr.Hagof ,Adam (wrongway), And MR. Backe.

over

E-rides etc(i mean e-shop content) where is everything awesome great perfect unique.

Dont understand me wrong i love e-rides and other chanels content about EUC disasemblys videos opinions etc.

But for real buy opinion is first 3 names in this post primal source becasue i never make bad decision folowed this "holy" trio.  

About abrams time tell i was very sceptical about sherman but after they make sherman V2 i am happy owner this euc this mean abrams V2 still can be my next euc.

In next 5 months many things can change.  

Mr Hagof is also a e-shop though? I admire his criticisms but surely has some bias. Even WrongWay likely has some bias as he manages his brand but likely more neutral vs a retailer.

Marty , now that guy is hard to read. Retired. Wheel nut. More than likely answers to nobody :) 

• Like 1

Let’s hope it’s just a firmware glitch, something easily remedied. 
I preordered this wheel, thinking it would be more reliable than any Gotway wheels. I’ve already had a low speed cutout on an exn, one more cutout like that and I’ll probably start looking for a different hobby 😢

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jpd said:

Let’s hope it’s just a firmware glitch, something easily remedied. 
I preordered this wheel, thinking it would be more reliable than any Gotway wheels. I’ve already had a low speed cutout on an exn, one more cutout like that and I’ll probably start looking for a different hobby 😢

tbh a low speed cut is always possible with a speed motor, no matter what, and it's even easier on >19' diameter .

( the only solution is c38 motors )

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Either you or @Jpd is mixing the terms “cutout“ and ”overlean”.

A cutout is a wheel failure, unrelated to riding behavior. Comes out of the blue. Can be prevented by better wheel design and QC.

An overlean is a rider induced situation where the rider asks more power for staying upright than the wheel has the capability to deliver. Can be prevented by educating (or by learning from one’s mistakes).

of course 

we are talking about overlean or overpower ;)

Viewing a FEW different cut-outs on the Abrams seen off Facebook, Instagram and youtube is very concerning. I read a response from LeaperKim that the wheel was a demo unit and production wheels have been addressed.  From what I see, these were production wheels in the field. These motor cuts were on braking..  Bad News.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Viewing a FEW different cut-outs on the Abrams seen off Facebook, Instagram and youtube is very concerning. I read a response from LeaperKim that the wheel was a demo unit and production wheels have been addressed.  From what I see, these were production wheels in the field. These motor cuts were on braking..  Bad News.

I'd believe it if it was just one, or indeed one of the demo wheels sent to a retailer. 

But even ignoring the video that has been getting most of the attention, there have been two others which were actual retail units. So it seems that this is not the case. 

• Like 1

This is very unfortunate as I was really looking forward to a larger wheel with good build quality. There is some chatter about the demo units having a different motor than production, but I can't confirm nor do I trust that statement.

1 hour ago, Kekafuch said:

video 2 - Denis Hagov standing torque test and cut out. He claims online that the wheel was part of a 10 batch order for delivery.

Not "claim", it's real, he posted pictures of the stocks he received ready for (euc) sale.

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 2

How i understand problem is here because bad/missing insulation somewhere? 

Or battery is just too weak(6p abrams vs 10p  sherman) for this big motor. 3500W is hudge but is only number MSP2500w and sherman 2500W looks similar but no way in real life gigantic diference in power.

Maybee becasue big tire diameter is problem for controler monster pro is "weak" in hard braking or aceleration too.

I remeber wrongway video where Adam overlean monster PRO simply by make aceleration test.

And this blue BLOB "drama" inside tire means somebody is hard incopentent in Veteran company they send absolutely without testing product to market we expect sherman competitor and not ALPHA version concept.

I just want High torque sherman i know i am too simply i not ride over 43km/h 28mp/h anyway ant they make Abrams just big WTF for me 🤦‍♀️ like heavy 🐷 rider. Why wtf because this 3500w motor is propably "speed motor" and this is bigest disapointment for me.

Denis Hagov -

“Good One:) 6:45 leans but not cut off. so now I curious I remember the same wheel was overpowered on braking. So the story become more and more strange’

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Umm... how about: the vendor does this test before shipping the wheel??

From what I understand they had already shipped them before they where aware there was a problem

• Like 2

The braking cutout in Afeez's video was far too gentle to be caused by over power, so maybe the firmware change was to allow a bit more timing slop to account for hall sensor placement? Only Veteran knows for sure.

Odd to me that the wheel doesn't beep.

• Like 2