New Veteran "Abrams" 22-inch Wheel

xiiijojjo

A seat might be available from factory. Hopefully there’s a follow up video sooner than later w some riding impressions of that torque motor! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Just posted on youtube.

Wow, this sound certainly different than the typical sinewave (or FOC?) EUC controller.

Can someone explain why the motor sounds like it's driven by a squarewave controller when accelerating?
Is that a way to push more phase current into the motor with the same components, even if it's at the expense of efficiency?

• Like 1

My first impression, Afeez liked to push it to the higher speed (compared to his more gentle first try of the Commander). Maybe I just “see things”. :-) But maybe it is because Abrams does have a lot of torque. 
The motor sounds different, maybe because of a different way it is winded?..

6 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

The high weight is a bit of a negative, but still . . . 

i agree, i had a monster in the past and i still love the 22inch street performance, i always dream an upgrade of the v3 to 2700wh and finally we have the option...but...44kg is something to deal with :(

[ specially considering the other wheels avaible right now ]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EMA said:

i agree, i had a monster in the past and i still love the 22inch street performance, i always dream an upgrade of the v3 to 2700wh and finally we have the option...but...44kg is something to deal with :(

[ specially considering the other wheels avaible right now ]

Yes 44kg is a no-go if you need to lift or carry the wheel (for most people)

Although I was initially carrying my Sherman up and down stairs now I got the technique to push/roll it up and down instead.
While I thought anything heavier would not be even be an option, I'm now revising my opinion here. The Abrams with a 22" tire could for for me.

However if you need to lift your wheel in and out a car trunk, that'll be tough.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, supercurio said:

Yes 44kg is a no-go if you need to lift or carry the wheel (for most people)

Although I was initially carrying my Sherman up and down stairs now I got the technique to push/roll it up and down instead.
While I thought anything heavier would not be even be an option, I'm now revising my opinion here. The Abrams with a 22" tire could for for me.

However if you need to lift your wheel in and out a car trunk, that'll be tough.

We could all just get some protein powder and see it as building extra muscles. 😂

I'm used to carrying my Sherman up two flights of stairs a lot but seriously 44kg, that's really too much for a wheel.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, That Guy said:

The motor sounds different

In my experience, motors are loudest when they're operating near their maximum output.

I don't find the grunting noises reassuring at all- perhaps Afeez was already at the verge of overlean, during his lunges.

Lacking dynos, we'll have to wait for more heavy-aggressive-rider feedback, to find out where the limits really are.

• Like 1

44kg is probably the inevitable price to pay for the combination of both performance and build quality. I am not saying Veteran actually made both happen in Abrams - will see the reviews and feedback soon. But if anyone wants to build a robust and high performing machine it may have to be heavy?… (And I do hope Abrams did it, so my only problem with it would be the weight.)

• Like 3