"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

9 hours ago, fbhb said:

Internal photo of the Veteran Sherman control board bay, posted on Facebook

Reminds me slightly of the Gotway board layout... and by that I mean it looks pretty much exactly the Gotway board layout:D Well that's not a bad thing (for us - I hope this doesn't spell trouble for Gotway).

The more I hear and see of this wheel, the better and more substantial it looks. Nice! The board compartment also looks clean and is probably easy to waterproof.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Reminds me slightly of the Gotway board layout... and by that I mean it looks pretty much exactly the Gotway board layout:D Well that's not a bad thing (for us - I hope this doesn't spell trouble for Gotway).

The more I hear and see of this wheel, the better and more substantial it looks. Nice! The board compartment also looks clean and is probably easy to waterproof.

Not exactly, there is a duct behind the headlight that rams air into the two fans which is wide open from what I see, I plan on mitigating that with some speaker cloth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Like all their competent engineers ran off:D

I think whoever printed those boards went cheap on parts causing a certain batch of controllers to pop. Oddly this only appears to impact eWheels skus with the custom XT90 connector. 

• Like 1

I didn't mean some faulty MSP boards. I'm just wondering, as the Veteran board looks so similar to the Gotway board, how many good engineers are left at Gotway, and whether there was a troubling amount of brain drain when Veteran split off.

Because apparently a board guy was one of the people leaving;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Not exactly, there is a duct behind the headlight that rams air into the two fans which is wide open from what I see, I plan on mitigating that with some speaker cloth. 

From where did you realized there is a duct behind headlight? Any photos please ? :)

I've been thinking....

Why did the Veteran decide to go back to 18650 cells when clearly the EUC industry is moving to 21700 (eg: V11, S18, MSP, Nikola etc)? We know that it would've been cheaper for them to sell the wheel with 21700 cells instead of 18650 for the same capacity, so why didn't they do it?
What was it that the ex-gotway engineers disagreed with that made them quit and start their own company? Does it have anything to do with the way EUCs were being built at Gotway? 🤔

51 minutes ago, davinche said:

I've been thinking....

Why did the Veteran decide to go back to 18650 cells when clearly the EUC industry is moving to 21700 (eg: V11, S18, MSP, Nikola etc)? We know that it would've been cheaper for them to sell the wheel with 21700 cells instead of 18650 for the same capacity, so why didn't they do it?
What was it that the ex-gotway engineers disagreed with that made them quit and start their own company? Does it have anything to do with the way EUCs were being built at Gotway? 🤔

AFAIK 18650 cells are still the champs regarding mAh per cm³.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davinche said:

I've been thinking....

i think it's a simple design choice for packing 3600wh in the shell, not related to price/type or something else

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

You know guys, i've noticed something.. if you rotate 180 degrees the picture of the board, a name "LeaperKim" is noticable on the board. @Ben Kim is that you :P

By just searching google i found from these results that "LeaperKim M1" is an EUC of some sort with a seat, handle bars and that huge tire.

1. Is "Veteran" a child of that PEV?
  2. Does it have the same electronics, if yes, people can check "M1" problems and compare
  3. More transparency from the company that makes "Veteran", like location, factory, and more?

That is what i'd like to know :)

Thank you!

Nice find. This AliExpress product page names it as a LeaperKim Veteran Sherman and shares more info on the team behind it. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001112953536.html?aff_platform=link-c-tool&sk=_dTAGxd2&aff_trace_key=9355289d5a724be1aaa7c96e906377b2-1592031310958-00258-_dTAGxd2&terminal_id=dc801e1eb5b84b669d2ca4a07961adc7&tmLog=new_Detail&aff_request_id=9355289d5a724be1aaa7c96e906377b2-1592031310958-00258-_dTAGxd2

• Like 2