"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

:D same, I mean, sure, nice to se various aspects, but here I have no idea what to look for.
We saw a bit of the LCD at the end being around 50 (probably Mph, so, fast)

• Like 1

Any word on how water resistant these wheels are? I live in Portland Oregon and ride year round rain or shine so I'd like to ideally get a wheel that can handle rain. My 16X had the on/off switch fail last winter and I was unable to turn the wheel off until I replaced it. 

• Like 3

This looks really promising. I was all happy to see how the suspended wheels fair in the wild and stumbled on this yesterday. Wholly cow! 

Looks like you could even lock it up through the metal bars if ya had too. 

The pedals do look pretty low though, and that screen could be an issue if it broke preventing you from turning it on but who cares. That is a crazy amount of battery!

This is the off road explorer I've been waiting for. That is enough battery to really get out deep into the trails. 

@Marty Backe you might need to double up on your range test route to run this out of juice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Kim said:

The headlight actually has a hidden feature that wasn't discussed: a separate set of lights (blue) that act as a flashing warning light; so you can have the visibility of your main lights while having these separate lights blink for visibility.

If is it the same product, headlight has red light option too.

image.png.9e4ae1b8b782f58cbfd6e9096b55fc28.png

Working voltage: 12V or 24V universal
Front cover material: PC
Back cover material: aluminum alloy
Product power: 20W+10W
LED type: 10W XML2 (2pcs)
Product light type: Spotlight + Warning Light
Product lumens: 2000LM
Light color temperature: 6000K
Irradiation distance: 150 meters
Edited by ESBU
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the added info @Ben Kim , I look forward to the first reviews.

I understand they couldn't reinvent the wheel all at once, but the keeping the GW pedal hangers and lack of water proofing is a shame.

The rain proofing makes the difference between daily driver not in a wet city. (basically it won't replace my 18XL) (not that the 18xl is officially rain proof, but it is made so that water trickles away from key components)

Edited by null
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ESBU said:

If is it the same product, headlight has red light option too.

image.png.9e4ae1b8b782f58cbfd6e9096b55fc28.png

Working voltage: 12V or 24V universal
Front cover material: PC
Back cover material: aluminum alloy
Product power: 20W+10W
LED type: 10W XML2 (2pcs)
Product light type: Spotlight + Warning Light
Product lumens: 2000LM
Light color temperature: 6000K
Irradiation distance: 150 meters

got a link to this headlight? Thanks!

Electric Dreams just posted a new video of the Sherman and it's the best look I've had of the wheel yet. Totally reassured me of my deposit for this wheel. A couple shots in the video show just how much of a beast this thing is. The way he just zooms away has me so eager to hop on this wheel. It ticks so many of the boxes on my list. Can't wait to get my hands on this!

• Like 3

Some of the most tantalizing footage of the Sherman in action so far. Kuji’s review going to be perhaps the most anticipated review of all time. Likely he’ll get the review of the Sherman out first before his V11/S18 comparison video.

I’ve already placed an order so I’ll be anticipating its arrival like all the other plebeians. Many nights dreaming of the adventures we’ll be having together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

My english is bad veteran pedals dip like Gotway or not dip? 

See the short Instagram video in this topic: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/18801-the-veteran-sgt-sherman-hemsley-brief-thoughts-on-the-jeffersons-by-houseofjob/

They can make the pedals dip on harsh acceleration, which may (or may not, I'm don't know) indicate oscillation issues as seen on the initial 16X for example.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

My english is bad veteran pedals dip like Gotway or not dip? 

On soft mode they do, not on hard so much. Although I use the dip to my advantage, so I'm not the best source.

47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

They can make the pedals dip on harsh acceleration, which may (or may not, I'm don't know) indicate oscillation issues as seen on the initial 16X for example.

Yeah, that was interesting. I've seen torque tests like that before, but it's usually 1 or 2 bucks when it dips, not a reverberating oscillation.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:01 AM, Ben Kim said:

This wheel just obsoleted the MSX and MSPro overnight.  Maybe even the Monster and Nikola.  I'm not into the Kuji Michael Jackson lean, but the numbers don't lie.  Now we just need to confirm the speedo on the Sherman LCD is in fact accurate.  GPS test? 

PS: I noticed the voltage sagged by nearly half during his acceleration test.  Starting to believe Veteran programmed this thing to fully take advantage of the 10p in this pack.  

I wouldn't say it obsolete other wheels.

Its a 36Kg (or 35...ive read different specs...1 kg doesn't really matter) tank. Even if Kuji can jump and handle it, that doesn't mean its as agile as a much lighter msp when it comes to fast cornering, jumping a.s.o. especially not for the average rider (lile me 🙈). 

From vids i have seen it seems to demand quite a lot of lean to turn (a bit like the z10) probably due to the unsprung weight. 

And the z10 is about the slowest turning wheel i have ever ridden, but its also the highest quality wheel. I'm xing fingers they get into the game again with a slimmer tyre, more batt and power.

For long hauls though, i would say its gonns be a hard nut to crack for gotway (monster)

Edited by Boogieman
  • Like 3