"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

10 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

You know guys, i've noticed something.. if you rotate 180 degrees the picture of the board, a name "LeaperKim" is noticable on the board. @Ben Kim is that you :P

By just searching google i found from these results that "LeaperKim M1" is an EUC of some sort with a seat, handle bars and that huge tire.

1. Is "Veteran" a child of that PEV?
  2. Does it have the same electronics, if yes, people can check "M1" problems and compare
  3. More transparency from the company that makes "Veteran", like location, factory, and more?

That is what i'd like to know :)

Thank you!

Leaperkim is the company and Veteran is the brand, sort of how Kebye is the company and Gotway is the brand.  You're overthinking things.

• Like 1

@niVehje Well i saw the links, i saw the images, i checked some things my self, "but" i'd like to see a company website, and generally more information about the guys behind the wheel.

@Ben Kim don't go there my friend, i'm not overthinking things, i'm just an inquirer, i'd like to know more cause i like the wheel and most probably buy it.

It's not bad to check things out, we know where the other companies came from, we just don't know about "this", is it bad to ask?

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lefteris said:

@niVehje Well i saw the links, i saw the images, i checked some things my self, "but" i'd like to see a company website, and generally more information about the guys behind the wheel.

@Ben Kim don't go there my friend, i'm not overthinking things, i'm just an inquirer, i'd like to know more cause i like the wheel and most probably buy it.

It's not bad to check things out, we know where the other companies came from, we just don't know about "this", is it bad to ask?

I doubt the two companies are related, look at the logos they're completely different.  Chinese don't enforce copyrights like the rest of the world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ben Kim said:

Leaperkim is the company and Veteran is the brand, sort of how Kebye is the company and Gotway is the brand.  You're overthinking things.

I agree. I have seen LeaperKim logo on board and know from ali there is some scooter with this name.

At first moment I didnt know if is good to find scooter with same brand.

Then I tried to imagine how can happened - engineers leave gotway and then - new EUC.

I think, they need to connect with some facility, which can provide work space and technical possibilities to construct it.

Just my imagination..

• Like 1

Just now, Ben Kim said:

I doubt the two companies are related, look at the logos they're completely different.  Chinese don't enforce copyrights like the rest of the world. 

I'm not referring to the logos or any kind of similarity, i'd like to know what i asked in the post of page 7,

I have questions since we don't have something to compare it, it's not like the company existed like other companies for 5+ years.

So these are the questions people should ask, does it have similarities from that, quite pretty, PEV, does that PEV have the same electronics as the Veteran and if so, does that PEV had any problems we should know about, and then "transparency"

@ESBU it's one fact to know that people that left a known company started something anew, but where "is" that company, what "is" that company..

You know typical questions guys, we can't just buy something blindly..

-My reasonable self :P

2 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I'm not referring to the logos or any kind of similarity, i'd like to know what i asked in the post of page 7,

I have questions since we don't have something to compare it, it's not like the company existed like other companies for 5+ years.

So these are the questions people should ask, does it have similarities from that, quite pretty, PEV, does that PEV have the same electronics as the Veteran and if so, does that PEV had any problems we should know about, and then "transparency"

@ESBU it's one fact to know that people that left a known company started something anew, but where "is" that company, what "is" that company..

You know typical questions guys, we can't just buy something blindly..

-My reasonable self :P

I catched my 1.EUC when it was 3rd version. Buyed MSuperX 84V when 100V version released. At this moment I felt, I can go for it. And then I will share with you my angle of view on this wheel. I understand in your questions, but this time, I did it in risky mode. Just still ask and find answers for yourself and us :)

• Like 2

Just now, Χρήστος Γεωργαμπλοπουλος said:

Well the only think I really care about is the quality of the wheels . so they might as well be called Chernobyl as long as their wheels are not radioactive 

Well that is a better view, have the wheel being tested by everyone for like 6+ to a year, but then other wheels will come out, production lines saw that PEV's are the future and even more companies will arise even from the ashes of others, parts of others etc.

Still the matter remains, and it's simple, not overcomplicated or anything. More info in depth of electronics, more info about the company, so i'm gonna be fully aware of things before i let my self purchase something that will cost more than 2000€!

Just now, Mango said:

It appears a prominent reviewer has extremely high praise for the Sherman, putting its performance in “another category”. 

I knew the pertinent information before the Shermans hit the wild, which is why I jumped early.  This wheel ticks ALL the boxes; huge battery, fastest wheel, durable design and board/fan placement that wasn't thought up by a bunch of lemurs. The only question mark is that the company is literally brand new.  Given I won't be seeing my Sherman for at least another month (more like two), it'll give the Chinese some time to work out any bugs that may pop up so that the rest of us can be proactive in mitigating those weaknesses.

• Like 3

Just now, ESBU said:

I catched my 1.EUC when it was 3rd version. Buyed MSuperX 84V when 100V version released. At this moment I felt, I can go for it. And then I will share with you my angle of view on this wheel. I understand in your questions, but this time, I did it in risky mode. Just still ask and find answers for yourself and us :)

My friend i will keep searching, keep asking questions, cause i really like the design and prospect of the Veteran wheel, i'd like to buy it as soon as i can

BUT

We don't know anything rather than Kuji rode it for a bit, evx is preparing a video but rain caught him, on-line stores saying we will have it in stock soon etc.

@Ben Kim and i hope they change perspective and even follow Kingsong's latent ability to show-run things, like presentation, website presence, general company presence, you know where i'm going? ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lefteris said:

My friend i will keep searching, keep asking questions, cause i really like the design and prospect of the Veteran wheel, i'd like to buy it as soon as i can

BUT

We don't know anything rather than Kuji rode it for a bit, evx is preparing a video but rain caught him, on-line stores saying we will have it in stock soon etc.

@Ben Kim and i hope they change perspective and even follow Kingsong's latent ability to show-run things, like presentation, website presence, general company presence, you know where i'm going? ;) 

I am not a fan of Kingsong products at all, so you won't get any support from me there.  Besides, the less people riding EUCs at 80 kmh the better it is.  

• Like 3

Well sorry about KS, but still, they are trying their best on the "presentation" side, and that is what i keep, that the promotion of the V11 and S18 was epic, for the standards of the companies we know and love all these years, maybe you don't love KS and that is OK!!, and Veteran may be the best wheel out there, but it by lending wheels to previewers and not even have a company to support the product behind it.. it's like telling me personally we have a production line in our garage or basement and that is it..

And last, it's not about top speed for everyone in these forums, most of us need the range and durability, and looks :P i can't lie!

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

This advert says the tubing is made of copper?! Surely not. That would bend from the glare of an angry dog walker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoCan said:

This advert says the tubing is made of copper?! Surely not. That would bend from the glare of an angry dog walker.

Plus it would be expensive as hell. Maybe they use copper tubing to conduct heat from the FETs in the ESC to some cooling sink of fan? My old Toshiba laptop works like that, with a 15cm copper tube from the CPU to the fan and radiator at the side.

Edited by mhpr262

22 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

Plus it would be expensive as hell. Maybe they use copper tubing to conduct heat from the FETs in the ESC to some cooling sink of fan? My old Toshiba laptop works like that, with a 15cm copper tube from the CPU to the fan and radiator at the side.

I’d be amazed if it was that advanced. More than likely an advertisement mistake.

About cooling and heat removal, I am asking myself, why EUC engineers are not inspired by heatpipe cooling mechanism... :blink:

Тепловые трубкиheat-pipe-201.gif?resize=410%2C230&ssl=1

Edited by ESBU
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ESBU said:

About cooling and heat removal, I am asking myself, why EUC engineers are not inspired by heatpipe cooling mechanism... :blink:

With the CPU's and GPU's in a computer you are just taking the heat from one major component and moving it from one end of the pipe to the other end. They are great in thin laptops where you need to move heat from the centre of the laptop to the edge of the laptop where the heat can escape. You still need a fan to get rid of that heat. It's also relatively easy to clamp the pipe to a single source of heat but many ECU motherboards have up to 12 mosfets all generating heat. I suspect it's easier, simpler and cheaper to just blow cold air over the board and vent the hot air out the back. 

Edited by mike_bike_kite
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

With the CPU's and GPU's in a computer you are just taking the heat from one major component and moving it from one end of the pipe to the other end. They are great in thin laptops where you need to move heat from the centre of the laptop to the edge of the laptop where the heat can escape. You still need a fan to get rid of that heat. It's also relatively easy to clamp the pipe to a single source of heat but many ECU motherboards have up to 12 mosfets all generating heat. I suspect it's easier, simpler and cheaper to just blow cold air over the board and vent the hot air out the back. 

For multiple hotspots HiK plates (plates with embedded heat pipes) or vapor chambers work better, but no cost more.

11 hours ago, Lefteris said:

The company was registered on October 15th 2019:  https://www.hkcorporationsearch.com/companies/2882545/

and the owner run his own channel while working for GotWay. 

• Like 1

Beat me to it. I just came across this post bit found out the other day the veteran is made up of ex gotway engineers starting up their own company. Bit scary when you think a lot of gotways have blown up this week. 5 failures so far and still counting 🙄

Edited by Neon EUC
  • Like 1