"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

37 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

I can't say that I like the design. Looks like they came up with it after watching "The Dark Night" batman movie. 

and that's why I like it! When the tumbler crashed and burned a motorcycle morphed out the front. I suppose when the motorcycle then crashes you'd find that either wheel of the motorcycle turns into one of these.

• Like 1

It looks like Russian Box design like many Gotway wheels, but as long as it works.  Kind of crazy to have those bars, but then have lights protrude past the them... it could be the bars are more a design ascetic than functional protection. They don't seem to use them effectively. It may be the US equivalent of the rear spoiler on street cars.  

While the trolly looks functional, with the handle diagonally 90deg relative to the wheel, the ergonomics could be a pita and cause some control issues, more so with some people than others.  I'm not sure they have solved the Gotway trolly issues by just centering it.   

Overall to have another EUC manufacturer is great, the fact that it has it's own display is great (though it looks pretty poor quality from the photos).

If it's tough, with it's large battery it will have followers.  The interesting part might be how it all goes together and comes apart.  

Edited by FreeRide
  • Like 1

Seems like someone on Facebook already received their veteran early?! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/electricunicycleclub/permalink/1503330796495331/

FB_IMG_1591674067162.jpg

FB_IMG_1591674076451.jpg

Looks like he already given it a go, look at the scratches on the front bar and peddles. 

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onizukagto said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/electricunicycleclub/permalink/1503330796495331/

FB_IMG_1591674067162.jpg

FB_IMG_1591674076451.jpg

Looks like he already given it a go, look at the scratches on the front bar and peddles. 

This looks like the original demo wheel that was making the rounds before the wheel was produced.  You can tell by the cheap baby safety foam as pads and the fact his tire has been shredded down to nubs.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

This looks like the original demo wheel that was making the rounds before the wheel was produced.  You can tell by the cheap baby safety foam as pads and the fact his tire has been shredded down to nubs.  

Hi,  I think this tire is different from on photos at page 5.

This one looks like has the same pattern of Monster tire.

9 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

8 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

It is possible. I am in touch with ali-seller.
LeapKim store said: "First batch gone, next arrive next week.  Delivery to Czech Republic 35days - with buyer protection. Price include no tax delivery door to door."

...setting up my credit card for that amount now and with shaking will place order today and pay for that Kryten like style EUC :)

I can imagine easily Dave Lister grinding Red Dwarf space ship with Sherman :D

Edited by ESBU
delivery time update

8 minutes ago, shwinston said:

Veteran employee told me the wheel has been ridden 112 miles on a single charge (no addition info was given) and confirmed the wheel can reach 50 mph. 

Great !

50mph → 80 km/h

112mi. → 180 km

This is what I need. Usually riding 25-35km/h, enjoying 40-50km/h with adrenaline, especially because it is close to MSuper X 84V´s speed limit.

Looking forward to get on 50-60km/h with knowledge there is a speed reserve.

And of course the range is pretty nice for 2 day trip without charger.

Hope my Sherman will be shipped next week  :innocent1:

Edited by ESBU

Guys,

my first EUC was white GotWay MSuper V2 850Wh.

image.png.fcf31fd95ab02347577e8690d25ae8da.png

It was with bigger pedals than newer MSuper X - I have Montser pedals mounted now.

And the shell!  Oftenly, when wheel spun 1,5m above ground and then fell several times, I thought it will be no longer usable.

Only scratches. Nothing broken or bent. Always functional.

MSuper X has more fragile shell than old MSuper. New one is made from "shiny" plastic, while old one plastic was opaque.

I wish, let Sherman´s shell will be resistant at least as old MSuper.

Edited by ESBU
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, shwinston said:

Veteran employee told me the wheel has been ridden 112 miles on a single charge (no addition info was given) and confirmed the wheel can reach 50 mph. 

A6C86362-30B9-4096-B522-7086CED2AF29.jpeg

The post isn't clear if 112miles was ridden at an average speed of 50mph, cos if that was true... That's mental! 

Edit: just read kujiroll message on Instagram. 

Veteran sherman EUC has been shipped to his place already! 

Except he's on holiday right now, so we all gotta wait until he gets back to start on a review. :w00t2:

Edited by onizukagto

3 hours ago, onizukagto said:

The post isn't clear if 112miles was ridden at an average speed of 50mph, cos if that was true... That's mental! 

obviously not; likely traveling an average cruise speed of 20 mph (25 Wh /mi equates to 124 miles). 

9 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

Looks way better than Gotway :) 

If tech.spec. is similar, every EUC with weight balanced batteries and centrally placed electronics is better than GotWay.

I felt I need something with Monster stamina, but almost a quarter space where electronics are placed, is much lighter than other side with batteries. And I catched somewhere that idle Monster is going backwards due to front/rear battery weight unbalance.

Veteran solved this for me.

Edited by ESBU
  • Like 2