"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

14 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Nice find but the copper pipe he's using is just an ordinary copper pipe that's just being used as an ordinary heat sink. A heat pipe is a sealed pipe that contains a liquid that changes from liquid to gas to move the heat from one location to another and this design is not doing this at all. 

I answered in post above. You did not catch it while you write your reply.

14 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I thought I explained fairly clearly why I thought your design wouldn't be effective. I suggest you answer those points before trying to pull rank. 

You answered clearly with this:

49 minutes ago, ESBU said:

You don't see heat pipes on desktop PC's because the space isn't limited and they produce more heat than the pipe can deal with.

My friend, I think now its time to stop it. When I receive (hope it will be soon) my Sherman, I can make review if there is a space to develop my idea of "passive" cooling EUC circuit board.

edit: for Admin - maybe start new topic f.e. "Cooling mods for Veteran Sherman" and move our discussion about it there ?

Edited by ESBU

I like all these talk about "pipes" and "passive" cooling.  as a design engineer, it'll be cool if euc has done down of cooling system. just like a sealed pipe that contains a liquid that could be circulated to hot areas and then to a cooling area like a radiator of a sort which can be placed in front of moving air. 

if only pc's and motorbikes had something like that, then maybe this EUC could have it too..... just my 2 pence contribution.

:whistling::laughbounce2:

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

任何EE人士都對為什麼Veteran在業界最喜歡的TO-247上為何使用HOOYI / HY MOSFET(不確定哪種型號)有任何見解?

CehcZdg.png

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-veteran-sherman-18-100v-3200wh-battery-2500w-motor-1000-deposit/

As far as i understand use the mosfet model is HY5012W

• Like 2

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Any of the EE guys have any insight on why Veteran is using HOOYI / HY MOSFETs (not sure which model) over the industry fav TO-247?

HY (Hy-line?) is the mosfet brand/manufacturer. It's the same ones Gotway uses.

TO-247 is a mosfet package (= the dimensions of the cooling casing for each mosfet, the black plastic block you see). This is a generic descriptor.

They are doing the same thing Gotway is doing. HY mosfets in a TO-247 (presumably) package. Probably exactly the same components. They're ex-GW and Chinese, after all.

No worries needed here:)

edit: The MSX uses HY5012 mosfets (I assume that is the same as 5012W), and I believe GW stayed with them from then on (for their newer wheels). So Veteran has the same mosfet setup as Gotway. Everything's good.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

HY (Hy-line?) is the mosfet brand/manufacturer. It's the same ones Gotway uses.

TO-247 is a mosfet package (= the dimensions of the cooling casing for each mosfet, the black plastic block you see). This is a generic descriptor.

They are doing the same thing Gotway is doing. HY mosfets in a TO-247 (presumably) package. Probably exactly the same components.

Ah thanks, had a feeling I was screwing that up some :lol:....

30 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

They're ex-GW and Chinese, after all.

No worries needed here:)

That's exactly why I'm worried. Remember the inexplicable 84V Nikola with TO-220? It's always the super simple, dumb, avoidable stuff with Gotway, hopefully not Veteran.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

Also, anyone notice Colonel Sherman has both Calibration AND Pedal Angle settings, when most wheels it's the same thing(?) Possible hybrid Gotway calibration + InMotion stepped setting(?) Not sure why this is different(?)

ZSAwNZI.png

DZagRMV.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Also, anyone notice Colonel Sherman has both Calibration AND Pedal Angle settings, when most wheels it's the same thing(?) Possible hybrid Gotway calibration + InMotion stepped setting(?) Not sure why this is different(?)

ZSAwNZI.png

DZagRMV.png

I hope there’s a way to switch between imperial and metric on that LCD. :(

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

ZSAwNZI.png

DZagRMV.png

Very cool. You know KingSong supports this now via the latest firmware (my KS16X)?

Where did you get this image. Is there a downloadable manual that you have? Something else?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very cool. You know KingSong supports this now via the latest firmware (my KS16X)?

Ah interesting, I haven’t kept abreast of King Song as I lost interest in them these days.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

This is how it should always have been. Calibrate to a reference position (usually level) once in a blue moon, and have an extra option to quickly adjust the pedals from that at any time.

These Veteran guys are doing a lot of things right, I'm excited for how this wheel will turn out and what will be next.

Agreed, but I’m trying to see if I’m understanding correctly that this is what this in fact is.

Also, all new EUC company starts have been a wealth of promise and hope in their initial phases, but after that honeymoon phase is really when they show their strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ah. Thanks. This will come in handy when I get the demo shortly :w00t2:

• Like 3