"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

why front roll-cage bar it's bent ?
it could be so easily bent by mass of this wheel ?

I think they will make it totally configurable by EUCWorld...it's the logical step to do.

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, onizukagto said:

FB_IMG_1590991320305.jpg

Inside Veteran EUC: I told you no use Tesla battery! Look! Wheel on fire! Smoke everywhere! We get bad name before make first sale!

Gotway: Same problem, different day. :blink:

King Song: This why our wheels so slow--more safe.

InMotion: (hope they no steal our suspension idea)

• Like 1

Personally, I'd prefer it if it had a simpler colour LED matrix display that could just display either one big number at a time or perhaps a bar graph. I'd have to stop to read the current display while an LED matrix display showing one number would allow me to glance down and just see current speed or battery% or whatever I've set it up to display.

[EDIT] or no display at all if it makes the wheel cheaper and more rugged.

Edited by mike_bike_kite

layout-2020-6-3-1

The official name of Batteran's new EUC was "Shaman." I found out a few hours ago by looking at the spec.:efefae4566:

I like the specifications of the first product to be released. 100V , 2500W , 3200wh high capacity.LCD panel , dual cooling , dual charger port , MAX 10 A.....:thumbup:

By the way, is there a reason why you use battery 18650?  Because the current trend is changing to 21700 cells.
There's no big problem, but I'm curious.:confused1:

I saw a short video of driving. It's 20" inches, but it's compact.:efee47c9c8:
I didn't feel that the product was big. I can't wait to see what the actual product will be like. 

I think I saw the review being done by "Kuji Rolls."When will the review be released? :efefa6edcf:

Edited by Lindsey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lindsey said:

By the way, is there a reason why you use battery 18650?  Because the current trend is changing to 21700 cells.
There's no big problem, but I'm curious.:confused1:

They fit better to the wheels dimensons? The have a better/reliable supplier?

1 hour ago, Lindsey said:

layout-2020-6-3-1

In that last picture it looks like a sea mine. Or terminator robot...

18650's have 10% more capacity per unit-volume than 21700 cells, so they take up less space for the same amount of total power output. Also, the amp output is higher when putting more cells in parallel.*

*EDIT: Someone on this forum did the math with the latest cells, though I can't find the post. Looking around it seems it depends on the cells, 18650 vs 21700 varies...depending... So @mike_bike_kite  might be right (see the next post).

Edited by WI_Hedgehog

4 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

18650's have 10% more capacity per unit-volume than 21700 cells, so they take up less space for the same amount of total power output. Also, the amp output is higher when putting more cells in parallel.

Weird, I thought it was the other way round and that was why everything is moving towards the 21700 batteries (if they fit the case).

Not all 21700 have a higher energy density than 18650 just like there are 18650 with various capacities out there. Right now top of the line cells in both formats are VERY close in their density so there is not really a difference between them besides the size USUALLY favoring 18650 (as you reach the desired S count in less space).

Advantages of 21700 are high current capabilities (just like top of the line 18650) and high cycle life. Downsides are price and their size and weight.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

The LCD is nice ... but honestly, what I really need is a speaker that is actually loud enough so I can hear the 3 beeps at 35 MPH with wind noise and a helmet!  That would be a useful feature!

EUC World app and a Bluetooth earbud. Doesn't annoy the world and lets you know what's going on at all times.
(one earbud, so you can also hear the world around you)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

They fit better to the wheels dimensons? The have a better/reliable supplier?

There will be many reliable suppliers. I don't want to specify the name of the product, but I don't want to discuss it with the supplier.I'm just wondering why the batteries in the electric wheel are changing and why they don't go there. :shock2:

Simply put, I know that 21700 cells have twice as much energy density as conventional 18650 battery cells, or also have stable performance in control in charge and discharge. I was wondering why you chose 18650 in the design part of the product. :efee47c9c8:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

In that last picture it looks like a sea mine. Or terminator robot...

18650's have 10% more capacity per unit-volume than 21700 cells, so they take up less space for the same amount of total power output. Also, the amp output is higher when putting more cells in parallel.

Oh, thank you very much for your answer.:efee47c9c8:
I am currently studying battery little by little.
I think I need to study more. Thank you for your good reply..:thumbup:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Simply put, I know that 21700 cells have twice as much energy density as conventional 18650 battery cells, or also have stable performance in control in charge and discharge. I was wondering why you chose 18650 in the design part of the product. :efee47c9c8:

1 hour ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

18650's have 10% more capacity per unit-volume than 21700 cells, so they take up less space for the same amount of total power output. Also, the amp output is higher when putting more cells in parallel.*

*EDIT: Someone on this forum did the math with the latest cells, though I can't find the post. Looking around it seems it depends on the cells, 18650 vs 21700 varies...depending... So @mike_bike_kite  might be right (see the next post).

Additionally, as it looks like at the photos of ecodrifts 21700 Nikola tweardown the 21700 cells are "held" in some kind of frame so there is a bit more spacing between them. So the conventional 18650 have additional packing density?!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dave Wood said:

Not all 21700 have a higher energy density than 18650 just like there are 18650 with various capacities out there. Right now top of the line cells in both formats are VERY close in their density so there is not really a difference between them besides the size USUALLY favoring 18650 (as you reach the desired S count in less space).

Advantages of 21700 are high current capabilities (just like top of the line 18650) and high cycle life. Downsides are price and their size and weight.

Thank you for the good writing. I remembered that 21700 cells were 40 percent more efficient than conventional 18650 cells. As I wrote in the comments earlier, I thought 21700 cells had a higher energy density than 18650 cells, but as you said, I found out that not all 21700 cells have an energy density than 18650 cells. But I thought 21700 cells would be good for battery capacity and high current efficiency in a small space.

30 minutes ago, WI_Hedgehog said:

EUC World app and a Bluetooth earbud. Doesn't annoy the world and lets you know what's going on at all times.
(one earbud, so you can also hear the world around you)

EUC World knows nothing about the only alarm that counts - the 3rd alarm.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

EUC World knows nothing about the only alarm that counts - the 3rd alarm.

But this could eventually come - as the KS 88% alarm. Unfortionately until EUC World gets the values reported, raises the alarm and it is played in the earbud "some time goes by". Without latency is only the build in buzzer!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

No. It is wrong because it does not compare complete packs of the same capacity. 20s4p 21700 vs 20s6p 18650. 6 small cells in parallel have similar (somtimes better) equivalent resistance as 4 big cells in parallel.

There is negligible performance difference between the two different pack designs. The best answer comes from packaging- the space inside each EUC may be better suited to one or the other combination. And if both fit, choose the lower cost option (usually: 21700).

Thank you for your answer. I am currently studying battery. :efee47c9c8:

The battery world looks easy in some ways, and it feels difficult in some ways.:facepalm:
Thank you for explaining what I didn't know and what I was wrong. It helped me a lot. :thumbup:

Edited by Lindsey
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

The LCD is nice ... but honestly, what I really need is a speaker that is actually loud enough so I can hear the 3 beeps at 35 MPH with wind noise and a helmet!  That would be a useful feature!

The electric wheel, which can run at 35 miles, 56.32 km/h, is thought to be the current GOTway family (except Sherman products when not released) with buzzer. As far as I know, the companies that deliver the warning sound through speakers are Kingsong, Ninebot, and In Motion.

I wonder if I can hear the warning sound well through wind noise at 35 miles in a helmet. I couldn't hear the warning sound at that speed with Nikola plus. However, the MSP warning sound is louder than the old ones, so it sounds better than the old ones. I think I need to clean my ears.:efefc8626c:

I haven't heard the warning from Batteran Sherman yet, but I think it'll be a useful function if I get the warning sound through the speaker as you say..:efee47c9c8: