King Song S18 Discussion

Phong Vu

11 minutes ago, Not Sure said:

Thanks fellas. I'm thinking a little strip of velcro to hold it down might work

I have been thinking about something similar, velcro might be too much tho... a clip of some sort could maybe work?

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 2:35 PM, Elliott Reitz said:

THIS little valve extender is/was the most important thing to getting happy with my suspension and thus my S18.

Thanks for this tip!  I ordered this from Amazon and hope it works great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9NXJDB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 12:04 PM, musk said:

If this user's math is is correct, this was the sales breakdown for ecoDrift in 2019:

Inmotion: 1263

KingSong: 1243

Gotway: 515

Ninebot: 109

Who knows if that's representative of the entire world market, but at least in Russia Gotway is not even close.

sorry for being late on this, but as far as I remember, Ecodrift stopped being a Gotway distributor in 2018 and only restored its Gotway dealer status probably in the middle of 2019 with the limited set of Gotway models... Even if I'm wrong with timing, it has to be taken into account that Ecodrift in the past didn't like the Gotway's service, quality record and dealer relationship, so they definitely were promoting other brands for quite some time. 

Edited by trya
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Not Sure said:

Thanks fellas. I'm thinking a little strip of velcro to hold it down might work

Sorry to hear about your fall. Bummer on the handle.

Currently I have not found any self stick velcro or double faced tape that has any tenacity when sticking to the surface of the S18’s body. I have not tried sanding the surface before attaching the materials. If someone finds a self adhesive that works please share. 

• Like 1

First off, the shock that comes on the S18 is most definitely NOT 165x38 (6.5 x 1.5") as stated on the eWheels site.   The 6.5 x 1.5" coil rockshox I bought is too short to fit.  Don't be me and buy this size of shock.

Second, is anyone else's mud guard falling off?  I've had zero crashed, drops or any other damage on the wheel, yet I found this after my last ride.  I've ridden this wheel a total of 8 milesMudGuard.thumb.jpg.05a5a5fd4dccef54c07bbfd4f5ed16a6.jpg.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Me I lost both side of the pedal hangers to keep the pedals closed to the wheel. Both broke off after one day of use!

I remember you saying that.  I need to make sure my pedal blocks are tight!

37 minutes ago, Steef Klonoa said:

@Eric plam Did you watch Duf's swamp test w. The S18? It won't get rid of the bumps entirely but he said it made a noticeable difference, much more comfortable on bumpy roads. Something must still be off with your wheel.

I finally don't think there is something wrong with the suspension. 

I feel I'm the problem 😄 (but I must say don't use the kingsong chart for adjusting psi to your weight. ) 

I'm 160pounds and I set it to 190/100psi and does the job.. althought again I wanted something smoother.. anyway..

24 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

I feel I'm the problem 😄 (but I must say don't use the kingsong chart for adjusting psi to your weight. ) 

I'm 160pounds and I set it to 190/100psi and does the job.. althought again I wanted something smoother.. anyway..

I went on a ride today with @mrelwood and @UniVehje  both experienced riders and had them test my settings. I had it at 190/100. We tested and tweaked it and ended up at 150/50, which is alot better for me at 80 kg ride weight. Rebound set at 8 clicks. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Feynman said:

First off, the shock that comes on the S18 is most definitely NOT 165x38 (6.5 x 1.5") as stated on the eWheels site.   The 6.5 x 1.5" coil rockshox I bought is too short to fit.  Don't be me and buy this size of shock.

Second, is anyone else's mud guard falling off?  I've had zero crashed, drops or any other damage on the wheel, yet I found this after my last ride.  I've ridden this wheel a total of 8 miles.

No, the shock that comes on it is a 200x51, but it can fit a 200x57 according to King Song. And the center mounting tab has torn on my shock like that too, but I aligned it back into place and it generally stays just fine.

40 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Between the 65 and 75 kg rider weight columns, the settings you settled on are right in the range of what they suggest on their chart. It definitely takes some fiddling around to find what you like though, it's still quite a range they provide. But yeah, I want to play with different shocks and see if I can get improved small bump sensitivity 🙂
KSS18SuspensionSettings.thumb.jpg.f932bc0a5008341e6dc8a1aea7253c8b.jpg

Edited by redfoxdude
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Feynman said:

Hope you can return it! I want to buy a double pistone one but i dont know if the small piston wont hit the frame. :innocent1:

@Jason McNeil Can you pls fix the info on S18 shock unit on eWheels? Its really not 165x35 but 200x51. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eve said:

Hope you can return it! I want to buy a double pistone one but i dont know if the small piston wont hit the frame. :innocent1:

@Jason McNeil Can you pls fix the info on S18 shock unit on eWheels? Its really not 165x35 but 200x51. 

I'm stuck with it, but I'll throw it on my Mate X e-bike.

Edited by Feynman

11 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Sorry to hear about your fall. Bummer on the handle.

Currently I have not found any self stick velcro or double faced tape that has any tenacity when sticking to the surface of the S18’s body. I have not tried sanding the surface before attaching the materials. If someone finds a self adhesive that works please share. 

These work Perfectly! 3M Adhesive Mounts

Also, the wife bought a strip of white velcro from Walmart and it worked just as well.

• Like 1

After reading the V11 and S18 posts I think that I have figured something out. The S18 people are pessimist :angry: and the V11 people are optimist. :w00t2: 

As a pessimist I am usually pleasantly surprised while optimists ................

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 3